Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

LARGE CAMP SITE PASS NEEDED - DESPERATE!!! Options
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:49:41 PM

Groups: Member

So, having attended BF many many times, for the first time I bought my father a full pass with camping, he then bought a camper trailer to bring to the festival, but the large sites are sold out.

We are desperate for a large site pass!

PLEASE HELP!!!

DESPERATE!!!

Either reply here or personal message me, Please!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:37:08 PM

Oh come on!

youngbill
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:01:11 AM

maybe ebay etc?
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:23:21 AM

cheers youngbill, i've been searching, i just cannot face camping offsite... i can't cope with the concept...
someone must have one and be able to take pity on me...

to anyone reading this, i am prepared to negotiate a decent amount for this ticket, i am genuinely serious...

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:03:04 PM

If someone no longer requires Bluesfest tickets,whether for genuine reasons or because they are scalpers[which will happen only in a Dylan/BB King type year],if they are on site campers,inevitably the event ticket and camping ticket will be sold as one.
To have any camping tickets sold independently is a rare occurrence.
If any person was to onsell a large site ticket,I would expect it to be part of the package they had purchased,as it would not be commercially logical to offload it separately.
So I trust your father did not purchase a camper trailer specifically for Bluesfest.
I have noticed that once people get into their 70's the attraction of tenting seems to disappear.
They generally prefer a bunk.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iabyEebfCc
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:07:15 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
If someone no longer requires Bluesfest tickets,whether for genuine reasons or because they are scalpers[which will happen only in a Dylan/BB King type year],if they are on site campers,inevitably the event ticket and camping ticket will be sold as one.
To have any camping tickets sold independently is a rare occurrence.
If any person was to onsell a large site ticket,I would expect it to be part of the package they had purchased,as it would not be commercially logical to offload it separately.
So I trust your father did not purchase a camper trailer specifically for Bluesfest.
I have noticed that once people get into their 70's the attraction of tenting seems to disappear.
They generally prefer a bunk.

Yeah, he bought it earlier than he had planned due to him going to BF.
He plans to camp a lot during retirement.

I understand and agree completely re your reasoning about the ticket.
I am prepared to buy a whole ticket package from someone that includes a large camping site ticket, in the hope I may be able to then sell the basic ticket to someone else.
I really am that desperate.

greybeard
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:36:53 PM

I can see two possibilities
AAA) Ditch the trailer and buy standard campsite tix whilst there still available
or
BBB) Plead your case with the Office and suggest that you are willing to park your car in the carpark to reduce your "footprint"

Feel free to drop my name if you are under the misapprehension it will carry weight.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:04:29 AM

greybeard wrote:
I can see two possibilities
AAA) Ditch the trailer and buy standard campsite tix whilst there still available
or
BBB) Plead your case with the Office and suggest that you are willing to park your car in the carpark to reduce your "footprint"

Feel free to drop my name if you are under the misapprehension it will carry weight.

Hi Greybeard, I am feeling excited that you have messaged me!

I have already purchased standard camping x 2, I did that as soon as they went on sale, but alas, my lazy attitude to getting around to purchasing a large site pass bit me hard when I got the email they had been sold out.

I have been regularly pleading, begging and offering money and pretty much anything to the office staff, it has all fallen on deaf ears.
I hadn't considered calling and saying "greybeard said it'd be fine to swing me a large site ticket", I intend to do that this morning and I will advise how I go.

The issue seems to be an invented rule of BF that there can be no "trailers" in the regular camping section. Our eventual campsite would be a smaller footprint than some of the many monster sites I see built around me annually, but, because our small "footprint" is arriving on a trailer, we are not allowed in. My personal opinion is that this was a strategy to maximise profit in the large site area, well, my opinion aside, it worked as they sold out of that area.

Anyway, I am willing to buy an entire ticket package from someone to get the large site deal and will be right up to the week the festival is due to commence, so all you people who are reading this (I see the tally going up each day) keep me in mind!
I want that ticket!

spanner1
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:04:55 PM

Alternatively if the bearded one doesn't come through for you, you could sell your regular camping tix and put your trailer next to mine at Mullim footy club a mere few minutes from the site by personal minibus each day
bambambam
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:53:08 PM

Did you ask if you can plonk it on one of the 6x6 metre campsites and park your car outside.
We have brought one this year so so we don't have the stress of not knowing where we will be setting up.
I would have thought a small camper trailer would fit in that space no probs,,,
(If you are allowed to that is)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
bambambam
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:03:46 PM

My other thought is if you have more than four people going with you,
Then you could buy two reserved campsites and that should be plenty of room.
There are still some available according to the website,,
(Of course again, this is all based on if they will let you bend the rules a tad)

Write a wise saying and your name will live on forever,,, Anonymous
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:56:12 AM

Unfortunately, it's all about the trailer (for some reason).
Still hoping, I have all the tickets and camping tickets.
No trailers in reserved camping, no trailers anywhere except in the section they charge to put trailers in.
So, if I cannot find someone selling tickets that include a large camping site by the week of BF, I will just bring the very, very, very large tent I have.

I am not bitter, just disappointed at myself for not getting in early enough and also a little bit at the BF people for inventing a rule to suit their ticket sales.

youngbill
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 10:29:59 AM

Can you offer a few extra readies to camp with the plebs and take up a couple of spots instead of one?

I am prepared to supply you with a reference if you think it may help. Or not.
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 11:25:57 AM

Oh I tried that, it's ALL ABOUT THE TRAILER.
Rules man...
Rules...

youngbill
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 11:33:04 AM

Don't they know who I am? Oh, you meant about the money.....
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:05:26 PM

I offered them a package deal of cash and you.
Still no go.

dualie
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:55:13 PM

mate....as i have said previously, we are in the same predicament, but we have kids, not a senior....i too have pointed out our camper setup is much smaller than the 2 tents we are gunna have to bring, agreed 'space' is an issue, begged, pleaded, offered money, offered to get a reserved site and leave the car outside etc.....but the staff won't budge. I was informed that no 'towed' vehicle will be permitted at all in the tent area, so all those ppl who are thinkin about bringing their gear packed up in a box trailer...THINK AGAIN!!! The final thing staff threw at me was that it is an "O H & S " issue.....but no explanation beyond that.......i gave up weeks ago....i think bashing ones' head against a brick wall would be much more productive!! Above all, i have got the impression this year, as compared to last yr when i had camping issues that had to be attended to, that the festival has grown beyond the point where they actually give a hoot about the punters...it's all money, money, money...even though they don't appear to want my extra money!!! Oh here i go again....off to the brick wall i go......
dualie
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:16:17 PM

AND i forgot to mention the thing that has ticked me off the most....bf made announcements warning punters when EVERY other type of ticket was close to selling out...EXCEPT the large vehicle passes!!!! A little bit of warning would've gone a long way :(
draught
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:29:59 PM

I am in the same predicament - bought the ticket at the festival last year, waited until the camping came on line, but the large vehicle wasn't available and kept thinking "must do that" - only to find that they were sold out. I love my trailer - it is comfy and it makes the trip affordable. I have spent the last few weeks looking half-heartedly at tents and trying to work out the gear I will need to replace my perfect set up.

I even tried crying over the phone with the office staff and threw in my sob-story for good measure. They weren't having a bar of it.
The policy is illogical - if I had the trailer we were planning on having four of us in it. Now our tent set up will be significantly larger than the trailer. With the number of complaints I have seen online about this issue you would think they would open up another area for large vehicles - it isn't going to reduce their camping space!
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 2:30:36 PM

dualie and draught, we are, as are many others i assume, all in the same boat, cannot conceive of not camping at bf, but cannot camp how we want, it is certainly my opinion that more large camping should be made available, not just to us squeaky wheels, but open another section, we are all aware of the layout, the back left corner could be utilised as extra large site camping, but they can't now as they stood their ground for so long...

i genuinely still reckon in the discounted horse trading that occurs closer to the festival starting, that someone with a large site ticket will want to offload it, but i have sourced a very, very, very large tent and will have to use that if and when the ticket doesn't become available, but if i do get a ticket, i will be able to resell the parts i don't need cheaply to cover some of the cost of getting what i wanted...

the people from bf i have spoken to via email and phone have been friendly but firm, i haven't got anything bad to say about the way they have treated me, only about the stonewall inflexibility of the process and the inability to extend the large site area to a bit more to allow for these late comers such as myself to get a spot we want...

also i just read in another post that 5 day camping is sold out, so the camping is filling up, i just reckon they needed to account for large sites (given the invented trailer rule) being more than they have allowed