Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

NEWCASTLE 2NUR- Blues And Roots Festival Show Options
surfergirl
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:40:32 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone catch the two guys on 2NUR last week? They're doing a Blues Festival Show on Friday the 3rd of April.

Might be a good warm up for the festival....if they play my favourite artists ie Ash Grunwald, Paul Kelly, Xavier Rudd and Ben Harper. Hint hint!!!!!

Anyone else from Newcastle heading up for the festival?
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:12:17 AM

surfergirl wrote:
Anyone catch the two guys on 2NUR last week? They're doing a Blues Festival Show on Friday the 3rd of April.

Might be a good warm up for the festival....if they play my favourite artists ie Ash Grunwald, Paul Kelly, Xavier Rudd and Ben Harper. Hint hint!!!!!

Anyone else from Newcastle heading up for the festival?

A couple
http://www.bluesfest.com.au/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=223

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
jadopotato
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:18:05 PM

Hi surfergirl. I am half of "the two guys on 2NUR last week". I'm currently working on this Friday night's set as we speak. You'll be pleased to know that Ash, Paul, Xavier and Ben will all be present.

We're on from 8pm till 11pm. Can't guarantee we'll be more entertaining than the football but you could always turn the tv down.

Any other requests out there?

I'm like a kid counting down Christmas....9 more sleeps to go!
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:40:08 AM

jadopotato wrote:
Hi surfergirl. I am half of "the two guys on 2NUR last week". I'm currently working on this Friday night's set as we speak. You'll be pleased to know that Ash, Paul, Xavier and Ben will all be present.

We're on from 8pm till 11pm. Can't guarantee we'll be more entertaining than the football but you could always turn the tv down.

Any other requests out there?

I'm like a kid counting down Christmas....9 more sleeps to go!

Marshall and the Fro and Dallas Frasca please. With all due repect we hear enough of Xavier, Harper et al. I heard JBT pumped out at Mayfield Woolies yesterday! ("You know your mainstream when....") Please give the up and comers some airplay.

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
gerardf
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:51:52 PM

How about Chase The Sun, Jackson Firebird & Archie Roach for the Australian musicians and Seasick Steve, Bob Log III & Alabama 3 for the overseas artists? I'm looking forward to seeing all these in a weeks time!

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
jadopotato
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 5:57:55 PM

Some good news, I have programmed Chase The Sun, Archie Roach, Seasick Steve, Archie Roach, Dallas Frasca.

Some other things I have planned: Jeff Lang, Watermelon Slim, Barrell House, Booker T, Eric Bibb, Tony Joe White, Paul Greene, Dan Sultan, Clint Crighton, Augie March, Lucinda Williams, Pete Cornelius, Tom Fruend, Beau YoungTim Finn, Ayo, Ash Grunwald, CW, Drive By Truckers, James Hunter, Lowrider, The Bamboos, Dan Auerbach and Spectrum.

Apologies in advance for the JBT and Harper tracks.

Not long now till I'm on....