Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Zac Brown Band Options
finleym
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:25:54 PM

Groups: Member

Just got on the e-mail that Zac Brown Band are supporting Jason Mraz. I don't remember them being announced yet - although I only did a brief skim just then to double-check.

I don't know a whole lot about them but I think they played at the baseball all-star game, so they must be a band on the move. Or enjoy steroids.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans
spanner1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:51:18 PM

Way too C&W for my liking-much more suited to Gympie Muster or Tamworth Country Festival. Reminds me of that classic line from the Blues Brothers when the owner of the bar replies when asked what type of music they play in the bar" oh we play both country and western". Then again I won't be lining up for jason either so its horses for courses I guess. Thats the inherent beauty of Bluesfest that others can enjoy a particular genre or artist and free up space for others like me with different tastes in other venues.
BC1987
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:53:23 PM

zach brown band will play both shows with jason mraz & are also on the deni bluesfest the same weekend as bluesfest... my thoughts are they will be in the next announcement & will probably do either thursday or monday.

they supported dave matthews band at some point so probably doing reasonably over in the usa...
later
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:08:52 AM

Playing Monday.
How many times have you been at a country gig with a band which plays original material,and someone asks them to play The devil went down to Georgia.
Makes me cringe.
I must say that for one of those songs that has been played to death,this band does a damn good version.
Have had alot of hits on Youtube,and Country music with a bluegrass flavour has an increasing fan base,so they should go down pretty well in Mojo.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
cutercomputer
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:35:44 AM

finleym wrote:
Just got on the e-mail that Zac Brown Band are supporting Jason Mraz. I don't remember them being announced yet - although I only did a brief skim just then to double-check.

I don't know a whole lot about them but I think they played at the baseball all-star game, so they must be a band on the move. Or enjoy steroids.

Just had a good at them on Youtube, and I gotta say there country sound is way too rich for my blood. I surprised about Mr A-Z having them as support, seems like a bit of a miss-match. I'm far more an "alt.country" fan than that....

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
benjake
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:46:20 PM

Zac brown band, this just keeps getting better...Sweet azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:12:05 PM

the jurys still out on these guys,
theyres the tracks with leon russell and dave matthews adding. cred. and the version of comfortably numb...but then the duet with alan jackson and the version of....the devil went down to georgia.
and im not sure about the tea cosy headwear.
i guess its sheplers gear that night.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:26:53 PM

according to this story on the abc news radio website zach brown band are playing thursday 28 march at bluesfest before heading to the deni bluesfest.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2013/1/15/zac-brown-band-playing-australian-dates-with-jason-mraz-in-m.html

for those who like them i hope this news makes you happy, 71 days to go!
benjake
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:41:15 AM

zac browns website says the 1st ...
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:00:53 AM

They do reggae rock country. Very talented very funny. Check out live at the Georgia theatre.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
andreworvis
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:13:37 AM

These guys are great. I remember I first checked them out when I saw them on the New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup and they were listed on the bill ahead of John Mayer....! They're huge in the States.
cutercomputer
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 6:30:28 AM

andreworvis wrote:
These guys are great. I remember I first checked them out when I saw them on the New Orleans Jazz Fest lineup and they were listed on the bill ahead of John Mayer....! They're huge in the States.

Yes well so is Tate Steven and Scotty McCreery

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 9:48:17 PM

Viewing the Zac Brown Band for the last hour of the set has me thinking what do they classify country music as these days.
Three consecutive covers.
Into The Mystic,Bohemian Rhapsody,and I Shall Be Released,for which Jack Johnson appears for the latter.
The middle song I dislike as much as the offrepeated Devil Goes Down To Georgia,which thankfully I missed.
Gets me thinking what % of original material they play.
Five electric guitars,some keys,congas/percussion,drums and a fiddle as the sole country sounding instrument,with acoustic guitars sometimes.
I would classify it as popular music,designed to attract an MOR crowd.
Which explains why they were not signing.
I'm with Waffles' previous comments on these guys.
But I understand why Bluesfest booked them.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
davidabrown
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:20:54 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
Viewing the Zac Brown Band for the last hour of the set has me thinking what do they classify country music as these days.
Three consecutive covers.
Into The Mystic,Bohemian Rhapsody,and I Shall Be Released,for which Jack Johnson appears for the latter.
The middle song I dislike as much as the offrepeated Devil Goes Down To Georgia,which thankfully I missed.
Gets me thinking what % of original material they play.
Five electric guitars,some keys,congas/percussion,drums and a fiddle as the sole country sounding instrument,with acoustic guitars sometimes.
I would classify it as popular music,designed to attract an MOR crowd.
Which explains why they were not signing.
I'm with Waffles' previous comments on these guys.
But I understand why Bluesfest booked them.

As a country guy it baffles me why most "country artists" are classified as country almost none of them are. As for the Zac Brown Band they are a "Southern Rock" band with a touch of "Tropical Rock"

To me they murdered The Devil Goes Down To Georgia and the ran the body over with their pickup truck.

You can never have too much Steel Guitar!
mccin0000
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:19:31 AM

Zacs getting political, is he trying to cause unrest in Ireland? picking at old wounds what's he up to??? He's one crazy cowboy hopefully he doesn't think it's a good idea to bring his Union Jack to Boomerang...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.dailyedge.ie/zac-brown-band-flag-dublin-3282746-Mar2017/%3Famp%3D1

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/us-band-display-giant-union-flag-during-country-2-country-gig-in-dublin-35521958.html