Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

2014 EARLY BIRD TICKETS Options
rexrose
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:13:44 PM
Groups: Member

Are there going to be early bird tickets on sale for 2014 at this years fest. They were such a bargain.

Great to say this years fest. Can't wait.
bluesmaaty
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 11:09:34 PM

Agree wholeheartedly, rexrose.

The tickets for BF13 that were sold before the end of BF12 were astoundingly good value.
It seems we surprised the organizers by queuing up to get tickets in such huge numbers, and they apologetically admitted at the time the booking and payment procedures were overwhelmed, but I'm certain they'll reward our patience and loyalty and have it nailed next time.

Having bought our 5-day 2013 tickets at BF last Easter it was all the motivation we needed to confirm early repeat accommodation bookings as well, saving heaps yet again. By booking everything a year ahead the investment outperformed leaving the money in the bank many, many times over. Of course, I'd have to sell at last-minute prices to see the returns in $s, but that's NOT gonna happen! No way!
Even before taking into account the extra announcements still to come I am already more than happy we will get our money's worth of enjoyment.

I'd say that Bluesfest being able to confirm significant sales of Early Bird tickets (to those of us still experiencing the high of being there last Easter) would surely have been greatly persuasive when Mr Noble and his team were finalizing the contracts for the amazing 2013 lineup. In case some artists and their managers had doubts about the Bluesfest organizers (many would have no doubt been stung by shonky promoters/venues/managers at some time in their careers), the pre-sold tickets show clearly we music lovers trust Bluesfest to keep their word and produce the best ever live music festival year after year....
BF's longevity, growth, professionalism, an expanding list of glowing audience and peer reviews, nominations and awards, artist and audience testimonials and industry recommendations must now be garnering considerable recognition and respect, of course, but without good ticket sales there can be no guarantee of a successful event or tour.
With tickets already sold there's a much better chance an event will go ahead, along with the prospect of extra TV and radio exposure creating ongoing CD and online music sales, live sideshow tour profits, etc - so after that reassurance the artists couldn't help but imagine the cheering and clapping older fans, the newly appreciative crowds and the chance of seeing for themselves the other great performers while at BF (all those things that most musos love best would be the cream on top)!

...and hey, who wouldn't want to come to beautiful Byron Bay/Tyagarah and see us! I've never known a better behaved, more appreciative and respectful crowd and our delight must be obvious to those on stage (As you fully know, well behaved sure doesn't necessarily mean motionless and silent at Bluesfest - unless during a particularly poignant or musically / emotionally / culturally sensitive part of a performance, and almost 100% at BF know how to behave then, too)!

PS: Seeing the results of all the money, expertise and effort that goes into organizing something this good (incl infrastructure, roads, earthworks, lighting, etc) makes me even happier to put the money in their bank up front and support the cause.
So glad the Byron Shire nonsense has been resolved as there are many also happy to spend our ticket discounts in the local region each year while attending live events and NOT causing trouble.

Like you, we can't wait to be on our way back over to Byron Bay for BF13, but are also saving hard for those BF14 pre-Early Bird tickets!
otis
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:25:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Yup.
BC1987
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:05:41 PM

hey otis, sorry to bother you as you are probably busy getting the next announcement & playing schedule together but i was just wondering if you had a rough price on the 5 day ticket that will be on sale at the festival... the $299 price at this years was a bargain & i am hoping for a similar price.
thanks.
Rachel76
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 1:42:37 PM

Would love to be able to get Blues Buddy package at the Festival too - the pilgrimage is an annual event for hubby & I so would be able to lock it in while we're there :)
rexrose
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 9:22:01 PM

Otis, I like those short sharp answers.

BC1987. I'm hoping that the trend continues but don't think so. I think the 2011 early bird tickets were $350, This years $299. What chance next years $250.
I think that is a bit ungrateful thinking on my part. Somewhere in the range of the past couple of years would be sweet. $60-70/day is great value.