Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Campground showers Options
steveakers
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:44:16 PM
Groups: Member

Previously at Belongil and Tyagarah Bluesfest had showers set up on semitrailers. These worked quite well, they were clean, efficient and even had wash basins and mirrors outside of the shower stalls. This year they went to a portaloo type set up which quickly backed up and over flowed. A couple of times I showered in my gumboots standing in a couple of inches of effluent. I hope they go back to more hygienic trailer set up next year.
mgwfall
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:08:11 PM

Thanks for refreshing my memory on why I don't camp!
steveakers
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:23:43 AM

mgwfall wrote:
Thanks for refreshing my memory on why I don't camp!

Camping is the only way to stay for Bluesfest. No queues, no busses, no missing the encore. If you knock up by Sunday like me, you can come and go as you please and have an easy day of it. Bluesfest don't often go backwards but the portaloo showers were a disaster. Hopefully they'll go back to the trailers. Other than that, camping is brilliant.
rstroud
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 11:27:49 AM

I thought the showers were warmer and the toilets cleaner in 2012, although I support the return of outdoor urinals in the concert area.
Marie5
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:13:05 PM

we used to camp across from Red Devil park.. for maybe 9 years (yes it did rain each year and we were prepared ) but then...... the 6"of rain in 6 hours that just about washed byron away

now have a lovely place at suffolk . and i dont care how far i have to drive, i just love a warm dry bed.

paddle faster I hear banjo music ................
glenboss
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:43:35 PM

I wrote on one of these threads after the last Bluesfest that I thought the best showers were the ones that were a block of about 12/14 shower cubicles with the one channel down the middle for the water from the block of showers to flow away. These don't seem to clog up like the individual ones. They just seemed so much better. I really really do not like standing in water left over from the previous showeree. There was also a curtain in them so that you could pull this curtain across all you hanging stuff so that everything didn't get wet.