Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Merry Christmas from Bluesfest Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:15:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,
I love the often spirited, sometimes wacky, illuminating, and educational posts on this forum.
It is TRULY a regular read for me when I am not moving around, as I have been these last couple of weeks.
So, it has been good to catch up on posts - and see what is of interest to posters since my return a couple of days ago to Australia.
There is so much less slagging off occuring on the forum over the past year. I think there has been a real improvement regarding the quality of many of the posts.
We ARE passionate about music on this forum, and there are quite a few members with widely varied tastes .
I thank you for respecting those who like music - in all it's forms.

Bluesfest IS about music, and we have come so far. We are not the strictly Blues festival we once were - and I believe the festival is so much better for that.

I will continue to present great artists from many areas of music at the festival.
I do want to say I still feel passionate about presenting music and Bluesfest, and intend to do so as long as I feel I can contribute to this wondrous event.
The people who have joined us over the years are such an amazing crew.
It is them that I must bow to.
Without them we simply would not have an event.
We have incredible managers, outside show managers, site managers, production managers and staff. The dedication is something I am in awe of, and humbled by.

To see the dedication, and wilingness to do EVERYTHING possible to make this event the best, is simply breath taking. I do not lie, when I say - I believe the Bluesfest staff - at every level - is the best in the biz. Thank you - and enjoy the short break - you bloody well deserve it.

There IS such a BUZZ about Bluesfest this year.
Agents I have met with recently in the US are either saying our talent bill IS the best - or as good as the best, anywhere in the world, this year - PHEW.
I am still hoping to put a few cherries, on the icing, on the Bluesfest cake this year, with a couple of tasty announcements - so stay tuned.

As for how Bluesfest is going - well we are around 70% sold out at this time, and do expect to have a sold out event this year. It is not a year to wait - so I encourage those of you who are yet to buy tickets - to do so.
It may never gert better than this - however, it seems each year IS getting better - I am already looking at a good 6-8 artists to tour and perform in 2014.
We are now starting to book the fest -over a year ahead.
You must to catch the big fish.

I was in the US last week - sitting in a restaurant - with the name Newtown on everyone's lips.
The song by John Lennon came on - So This is Christmas
Please take the time to read the lyrics (note I have not put them in twice on repeated verses)

So This is Christmas
And What Have you done
Another Year Over
And a New One Just Begun

And So This is Christmas
I Hope You Have Fun
The Near and the Dear One
The Old and the Young

A Very Merry Christmas
Ans a Happy New Year
Let's Hope it's a good one
Without Any Fear

And So This is Christmas
For Weak and For Strong
For Rich and the Poor Ones
The World is So Wrong

And so Happy Christmas
For Black and for White
For Yellow and Red Ones
Let's Stop all The Fight

A Very Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year
Let's Hope it's a Good One
Without Any Fear

War Is Over
If You Want It
War Is Over

NOW

The words of the song chilled me - as John reached out from the grave - with words- as strong as the day he wrote them - and a message for all ages.
And at this time, when so many are mourning, let's celebrate this time of year - and yes, hold our loved ones dear.

And as we experience another year of life - let us do everything to preserve life on our planet - and show real compassion.

I thank you for taking the time to read this - and wish you every happiness at this time of year, and throughout the year ahead.

And I thank you humbly for continuing to make my lifes dream come true in music through your involvement with Bluesfest

Peace
Peter Noble

Festival Director
Bluesfest

bucetti1
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:26:18 AM
Groups: Member

Good on you Mr Noble and team.You've done really well.I am positive that all posters would agree.
Best Wishes.

When they go low-we go high.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:15:09 AM

Thank you Peter for providing the forum,which is the source of education for those who wish to expand their minds.
The reduction in slagging off has come about through more proactive moderation,together with the willingness of posters to lobby against posts which lack integrity.
We have also evolved past the "bring the blues back to bluesfest" theme,which was essential if the festival was to survive.
The lineup once again is outstanding,and the sideshows appear to be selling well,which is important from an economic perspective.
Thank you and the Bluesfest team for your passion to bring such great lineups downunder.
To have finally nailed Robert Plant is quite some achievement,as it was to present bob dylan and BB king on the same bill.
It is great that you are 70 % sold out.

A bloke arrived at the office just before Friday closing, to check our fire alarms.
He was an immigrant from Liverpool.
We chatted about Echo & The Bunnymen and the Beatles.
Happy Xmas[War is Over] combines John's unmistakeable vocals with such a stunning chorus from the Harlem Community Choir,and is visually set off by all those images of war torn places.
Much more inspirational for me than songs like imagine and Hey Jude,which have been absolutely thrashed to death.
Merry Xmas to you and the team as we look forward to 2013 and another marvellous musical bag of riches.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
greybeard
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:08:54 AM

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O! it came o’er my ear like the sweet sound
That breathes upon a bank of violets,
Stealing and giving odour
Another of the Dead Poets
Merry Xmas

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
pod2006
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:49:13 PM

I was recently extolling the virtues of BF to a friend when I had cause to mix my metaphors/feast days. In my view Thurs at BF is like xmas eve; and Fri, sat, sun and monday are xmas day.
Buon natale
rstroud
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:23:42 PM

Thank you Peter

My Bluesfest experiences have all been fantastic, so a billion thanks to you and everyone working on the festival over the years.

May you all have a a great festive break.

Looking forward to " put a few cherries, on the icing, on the Bluesfest cake this year, with a couple of tasty announcements". This year - only a week left !

Merry Christmas to all lovers of music

Rod S
spanner1
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:33:55 PM

thanks Peter for your sage words and timely reminder of the power of lyrics and music.
i have just come from a beautiful recital at kate miller heidkes house where she and several notable music friends regaled an enthralled throng with some beautiful xmas tunes. Still think she would be a great addition to your stellar line up and i know she is in the country at Easter.
Felice Navidas
katieforfree
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:43:27 AM

I would also like to wish the festival organizers a Merry Xmas and add to that the posters here.

This forum does help me with having a better bluesfest and is a good place to hang out all year.

I am loving the lineup for 2013 as it has some of my past favs and others I have never seen live. All of this delivered to my door to be enjoyed with family and friends.

To all those who have lost loved ones this year I hope the festive season can be of some comfort.
ianandhelena
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:49:21 AM

Gracelnds?
Memphise?
Tennesse?
Typo city!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:56:52 AM

Irrelevant post Helena.
We know what Katie means.
I now await your meaningful comment on this thread.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
cutercomputer
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:08:21 PM

ianandhelena wrote:
Gracelnds?
Memphise?
Tennesse?
Typo city!

ianandhelena?

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
ianandhelena
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:05:05 PM

cutercomputer wrote:
ianandhelena wrote:
Gracelnds?
Memphise?
Tennesse?
Typo city!

ianandhelena?

Yes? How can I help you?
Marie5
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:02:49 PM

getting back to it

i wish all the bluestfest fold (yes that is fold not folk) a wonderful christmas and year ahead. think 2013 is going to be a very special one up at byron next year.

peter & crew, thanks so much for the wonderful lineup. so many i want to see. am already in training with my jack russell snoop so I can run faster between the tents.

if u get a chance maybe check out Truckstop Honeymoon (used to be in New O, but maybe now Kansas) for a late starter for 2013 - or an early 2014 announcement.

happy new year and happy trails .... until we meet again

paddle faster I hear banjo music ..............

glenboss
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:36:35 PM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (sorry for the late posting) and I hope everyone has a excellent New Year. Best wishes to you all for 2013.
Regards Glen
jellyrollBaker7
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:11:29 AM

Yes, I agree Peter, the great John Lennon nailed it when he wrote that song. And as I sit here reading the forum, with a strong coffee,recovering after a frenetic, but totally enjoyable Christmas with family and friends, the magpies and kookaburras outside singing and heralding a new day, I feel a sense of peace and calm, and a buzz of excitement and anticipation (like I used to feel before Christmas as a kid) knowing that I'm going to Bluesfest in March. Life has all its vagaries, happiness, disappointment, frustration, pain, joys, responsibilities etc, but it sure beats the alternative, and Bluesfest to me represents 5 days of pure holiday - the music, the people, the venue, the vibe - all the things JL hoped for for the world and more, are at BF.
Roll on Easter.
cutercomputer
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 1:44:03 PM

ianandhelena wrote:
cutercomputer wrote:
ianandhelena wrote:
Gracelnds?
Memphise?
Tennesse?
Typo city!

ianandhelena?

Yes? How can I help you?

Doesn't matter :-)

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 1:54:35 PM

As we draw closer to another Xmas,it is timely to revisit the Director's 2012 post,and look forward to the wonderful 2014 festival we will heve to enjoy.

timcook123
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 2:31:30 PM

On ya Peter and all the Bluesfest team!!! Bluesfest Is what we all wait for all year long!!

keep up the good work guys! and dont forget to book Eddie and The Avetts for 2014 haha Cheers

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
Space5279
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 3:06:14 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
As we draw closer to another Xmas,it is timely to revisit the Director's 2012 post,and look forward to the wonderful 2014 festival we will heve to enjoy.

Jeez LoneRanger....you're as bad as the retail shops....going earlier with Xmas each year!!

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
spanner1
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 7:14:45 PM

Space5279 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:

Jeez LoneRanger....you're as bad as the retail shops....going earlier with Xmas each year!!
I am with you again on this one Spacey - geez Ranger its only mid November and we are already being hammered by retail. I am sure our xmas wishes can be delayed for a month without causing xmas to be cancelled. Still love Lennon's xmas anthem and my other favourite carol "Drinking White Whine in the Sun" by Tim Minchin or stellar cover by Kate Miller Heidke.