Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Open air wall urinals Options
jellyrollBaker7
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:47:46 AM
Groups: Member

Dear BF Admin,
I accept, with regret, that we can't have Dave Matthews Band at 2013 BF, but PLEASE bring back the 2011 open air wall urinals.
ianandhelena
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:31:39 AM

jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,
I accept, with regret, that we can't have Dave Matthews Band at 2013 BF, but PLEASE bring back the 2011 open air wall urinals.

This sounds a bit creepy. Did you spend a lot of time hanging around the men's toilets?
steveakers
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:48:31 AM

Cheaper than booking DMB, and guaranteed to appeal to at least 50% of the audience.
Midnight_Rambler
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:52:15 AM

Some would also say more exciting than DMB too.
jellyrollBaker7
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:16:30 AM

ianandhelena wrote:
jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,

This sounds a bit creepy. Did you spend a lot of time hanging around the men's toilets?

Considering you have a boy and a girl's name, and you are from Hobart ( is it one for each head?), I will endeavour to explain: during the festival there are times where I have needed to urinate. At night, as I have negotiated my passage through the long queues of anxious punters (85% of whom were women) waiting for a cubicle seat (that's a scary experience I have not had), it was with joy that I reached the outdoor wall urinal. I would allow nature to perform her wonders and drain my bloated bladder, whilst I would look over the wall at the trees on the other side and the stars above, listening to music drifting from the tents. It has been a wonderful,unique BF experience - back in the day, one would have said: close to Nirvana.
Last year, the queues were there, but no peace, no serenity, and no fresh air in the corner, only a small room cramped with many blokes facing a blank wall - a large, dirty cubicle full of angst, urine and a bit of aggro (and a lot of soggy paper that was once a lovely Tasmanian tree forest) - not what BF is all about.

ianandhelena
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:27:26 AM

jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
ianandhelena wrote:
jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,

Considering you have a boy and a girl's name, and you are from Hobart ( is it one for each head?), I will endeavour to explain: during the festival there are times where I have needed to urinate. At night, as I have negotiated my passage through the long queues of anxious punters (85% of whom were women) waiting for a cubicle seat (that's a scary experience I have not had), it was with joy that I reached the outdoor wall urinal. I would allow nature to perform her wonders and drain my bloated bladder, whilst I would look over the wall at the trees on the other side and the stars above, listening to music drifting from the tents. It has been a wonderful,unique BF experience - back in the day, one would have said: close to Nirvana.
Last year, the queues were there, but no peace, no serenity, and no fresh air in the corner, only a small room cramped with many blokes facing a blank wall - a large, dirty cubicle full of angst, urine and a bit of aggro (and a lot of soggy paper that was once a lovely Tasmanian tree forest) - not what BF is all about.

Haha! I'll take that as a yes.
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:28:08 AM

You all know that all loo's will be Uni-Sex next year, this handy device has changed everything

Quote:
History
PMateTM Australia presents…
A brief history of P-MateTM the original device that lets women pee standing up. Sanitary, discreet. The perfect solution when no (clean) toilet is not available...

In 1998, a Dutch woman named Simone ("Moon") Zijp, invented the P MateTM
Her invention was inspired during her travels through Indonesia, when she found herself in need of a toilet. Her only option was to go deep enough into the jungle in order to gain enough privacy to pee, faced by the further challenge of squatting there.
When Zijp returned to her homeland, she thought about how she could help women pee standing up. Zijp invented the P-MateTM at the Amsterdam Academy of Arts.
A Dutch television talk show host, Paul de Leeuw, had Zijp as a guest on his show, and she demonstrated the use of the P-MateTM live on TV in front of the whole country! Not surprisingly, this attracted enormous publicity and interest in the P-MateTM from women across The Netherlands.

And the visual demonstration http://www.p-mate.com.au/history.html

You'll see the "AIM" is better than most,

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:47:55 PM

jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,
but PLEASE bring back the 2011 open air wall urinals.

100% agree. Makes the whole process a quick simple and pleasant "walk through the park with some wonderful background music" as opposed to the que for some claustrophobic (and hopefully non smelling) little cubicle where you really feel that soemhow it just best not to touch anything. Being a bloke is just so much easier.
waffles
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 6:03:09 PM

greybeard,ive seen some weird crap on the internet,but that takes some beating.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:54:46 PM

Wee could always take the BYO option http://www.packyourbagstravelstore.com/travel-health/travel-toilets/
The Shewee Festival Survival Box is a must have for all female festival goers!

They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah

The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Dan...
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:29:24 PM

Midnight_Rambler wrote:
Some would also say more exciting than DMB too.

definitely

The poster formerly known as Dan
ianandhelena
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:31:38 AM

glenboss wrote:
jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,

100% agree. Makes the whole process a quick simple and pleasant "walk through the park with some wonderful background music" as opposed to the que for some claustrophobic (and hopefully non smelling) little cubicle where you really feel that soemhow it just best not to touch anything. Being a bloke is just so much easier.

Hmmm. So you went into a little box, peed, and didn't touch anything? Sounds like good service if you didn't have to unzip yourself...
bucetti1
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:15:43 AM

Mr Alan Jones and Mr George Michael have been engaged as consultants to resolve this rather pressing matter.They are also rumoured to be performing a duet on the Mojo stage.

When they go low-we go high.
ianandhelena
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:33:02 AM

bucetti1 wrote:
Mr Alan Jones and Mr George Michael have been engaged as consultants to resolve this rather pressing matter.They are also rumoured to be performing a duet on the Mojo stage.

OMG!!! Will this help ticket sales?? It wasn't on the latest "artists" announcements...
acb
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:46:50 AM

I liked the open air urinals, but the absence of handwashing facilities was an issue. The 2012 urinals were generally OK, from memory - and had basins.

Oh, and I agree with Midnight Rambler & Dan....or were they just taking the piss?

Andrew
glenboss
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:23:20 PM

ianandhelena wrote:
glenboss wrote:
jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,

Hmmm. So you went into a little box, peed, and didn't touch anything? Sounds like good service if you didn't have to unzip yourself...

I'm taking it from your use of the word "peed" and your general unknowingness of what it means when a bloke says that he would prefer that he "doesn't have to touch anything" that you're the helena part of the ianandhelena. If that's the case, I really don't think this is the thread for you. I do appreciate your enthusiasm and I'm not for one minute trying to sound sexist here but perhaps you could start your own about the state of the womens toilets. You've got to be a bloke to understand and truly appreciate the ebs and flows of a urinal. And one other thing. I've never actually thought about it before you raised the subject, but none of the pants I wear at Bluesfest has a zip. Isn't it amazing how we don't really think about these things. So thankyou, I'm going to go to bed tonight that little bit wizer. I'll probably dream of canoing down the might Murray River signing the verses of that old Australian favourite "Yellow River"
ianandhelena
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 5:56:27 AM

glenboss wrote:
ianandhelena wrote:
glenboss wrote:
jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
Dear BF Admin,

I'm taking it from your use of the word "peed" and your general unknowingness of what it means when a bloke says that he would prefer that he "doesn't have to touch anything" that you're the helena part of the ianandhelena. If that's the case, I really don't think this is the thread for you. I do appreciate your enthusiasm and I'm not for one minute trying to sound sexist here but perhaps you could start your own about the state of the womens toilets. You've got to be a bloke to understand and truly appreciate the ebs and flows of a urinal. And one other thing. I've never actually thought about it before you raised the subject, but none of the pants I wear at Bluesfest has a zip. Isn't it amazing how we don't really think about these things. So thankyou, I'm going to go to bed tonight that little bit wizer. I'll probably dream of canoing down the might Murray River signing the verses of that old Australian favourite "Yellow River"

Try singing it instead! Haha love your typos! Tell us more about your appreciation of the flow of the urinal too...
waffles
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 6:53:27 AM

or about your little WIZER!!

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
bucetti1
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:01:07 AM

This debate has become ridiculous,personal and irrelevant to music.

When they go low-we go high.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:06:29 AM

Though at least it has clarified one point.
ianandhelena is actually helena.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8