Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A 6th day- Bruce Springsteen & Rhyming Simon + a few others??? Options
pod2006
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 6:59:17 AM
Groups: Member

Just thought I'd put it out there- not like it hasn't been done before; although there may be many sickies on that day if it comes to fruition.
Also, the line up is fine as it is... But a new day, with everyone paying extra...
bucetti1
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:29:41 AM

In my opinion,Bluesfest 2013 neither needs Bruce or an extra day.

When they go low-we go high.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 8:33:40 AM

Agree.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
BC1987
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 9:39:28 AM

a couple things to remember about the sixth day which happened in 2011:

firstly the easter monday fell on anzac day so the anzac day holiday was moved to the tuesday allowing bluesfest an extra public holiday to hold the festival on.

the second & most important thing to remember is that in my opinion the only reason bluesfest made the sixth day happen is because of bob dylan selling out the monday before any other day had sold out & in my opinion bluesfest wanted to give more people the chance to see dylan which is why the sixth day on the extra public holiday was put on.

there hasn't been a sell out of any day yet for 2013 to my knowledge & there is no cross-over with the other holidays to give the extra day so i think we can rule out any possibility.

also i do not believe bruce springsteen will be the big name announced next week as he is being toured by frontier... if it was chugg i would think otherwise.
later
colinsid
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 9:56:37 AM

Hate to tell everyboy the obvious but you want Bruce or not want Bruce but the main decision is up to Peter Noble & Bluesfest organisers. I have been happy with all the Bluesfests I have been & am more than happy to leave the decisions of who is best for Bluesfest or best value for money etc to the organisers, that way I just go & enjpoy the music.
Personally as I said in another topic, I would be happy to see Bruce elsewhere as the lineup for this years Bluesfest is let's face it bloody amazing & probably the best ever, even without Bruce.
glenboss
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 8:03:27 PM

That's about how I look at it too. The only 2 certainties for me is that I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who else is going to be announced and that regardless of whoever does get announced, I know beyond any doubt that I'm in for 5 days of pure listening pleasure. I've got unlimited faith in Peter and his team in putting it all together. I do thoroughly enjoy reading everyones's views and thoroughly enjoy the levels of passion, enthusiasm, and musical knowledge. Trouble is the more I read, the more I realise how little I know. But I tell you one thing, no one's going to enjoy their 5 days more than me.
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:35:15 AM

Quote:
glenboss
Posted: 07 December 2012 20:03:27

Who's been a naughty boy then?

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
jellyrollBaker7
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:32:49 AM

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
I like the line up as it is -there is a lot of quality and interest in it.
cutercomputer
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:46:47 PM

jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

I can't make decisions any more, I've been married 20 years and have got completely out of practice....

Which of-course raises the age-old question; "if a man makes a decision and his wife's not around to know about it...is it still wrong"

“Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable.”
Samuel Johnson
colinsid
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:47:35 PM

glenboss said "But I tell you one thing, no one's going to enjoy their 5 days more than me."

That would be up for enormous debate. Don't start a"Nobody is going to enjoy their 5 days than Glenboss" topic, it would be bigger than Sniffer Dogs & all chair topics combined.

Even if Bruce may not be on the bill I wouldn't be surprised if he or other band members don't check out Bluesfest & maybe pop up on stage with someone. He has played with a few of the artists recently including Jimmy Cliff & Dropkick Murphies.

Ben Harper in Canberra recently (presume elsewhere) on his brilliant solo acoustic tour had one picture on top of keyboard or speaker box which I thought I looked familiar even though I was at back of the theatre. Eventually someone towards the front asked who was in the picture. Bens' simple reply "Saint Bruce". the picture was the cover of Born To Run.
Don't know if they have played together but Ben has covered a few Bruce songs over the years, but that would be amazing. (I may start a Ben Harper thread soon as this was a great intimate gig & ben has come a long way since I 1st saw him shy & almost always seated in 1997 in State Theatre in Sydney. It was probably his 1st Buesfest year but mine was 1998).
colinsid
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:51:13 PM

glenboss said "But I tell you one thing, no one's going to enjoy their 5 days more than me."

That would be up for enormous debate. Don't start a"Nobody is going to enjoy their 5 days than Glenboss" topic, it would be bigger than Sniffer Dogs & all chair topics combined.

Even if Bruce may not be on the bill I wouldn't be surprised if he or other band members don't check out Bluesfest & maybe pop up on stage with someone. He has played with a few of the artists recently including Jimmy Cliff & Dropkick Murphies.

Ben Harper in Canberra recently (presume elsewhere) on his brilliant solo acoustic tour had one picture on top of keyboard or speaker box which I thought I looked familiar even though I was at back of the theatre. Eventually someone towards the front asked who was in the picture. Bens' simple reply "Saint Bruce". the picture was the cover of Born To Run.
Don't know if they have played together but Ben has covered a few Bruce songs over the years, but that would be amazing. (I may start a Ben Harper thread soon as this was a great intimate gig & ben has come a long way since I 1st saw him shy & almost always seated in 1997 in State Theatre in Sydney. It was probably his 1st Buesfest year but mine was 1998).
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:08:50 PM

greybeard wrote:
Quote:
glenboss

I'm just misunderstood

(And furthermore, I'm buggered if I can work out how this point system works)
glenboss
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:13:04 PM

colinsid wrote:

That would be an irrelevant debate. I'd win !! Then again, everyone else in the debate would as well. Don't you just love Bluesfest.
bucetti1
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:19:27 PM

Yes. Ben Harper's solo show in Canberra was sublime,beautiful and blissfull.He's played here twice and been always outstanding.

When they go low-we go high.
normastijk
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:43:11 AM

glenboss wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Quote:
glenboss

I'm just misunderstood

(And furthermore, I'm buggered if I can work out how this point system works)

+1

Even bluesfestadmin was negative last time I looked!