Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

bruce springsteen & the e street band tour Options
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:12:38 PM
Groups: Member

bruce is finally coming to australia once again!

here are the initial dates, i say initial as i'm sure more are set to be announced after these sell out.

14/3/13: entertainment center, brisbane
18/3/13: allfones arena, sydney
24/3/13: rod laver arena, melbourne
30/3/13: hanging rock, victoria

Pre-sale tickets available from noon local time Wednesday 12 December to noon local time Thursday 13 December (or until pre-sale allocation is exhausted) via frontiertouring.com/brucespringsteen

General on-sale tickets available from 9am local time Friday 14 December
Dan...
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:23:09 PM

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-australian-tour-announced/

ticket info here. on sale next week.

The poster formerly known as Dan
Kowalksi
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:24:11 PM

He has left some room in his schedule to play bluesfest on the Sunday night. I hope.
johnpentecost58
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:52:17 AM

lets hope for the Sunday night, that would be a dream come true
bucetti1
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:25:36 AM

The news that Luka Bloom is playing 3 nights in Canberra easily surpasses any announcement about this Bruce fella.I can now forgive Luka for interrupting the serene conversation I was having with my buddhist colleagues The Gyuto Monks of Tibet at Bluesfest one year.

When they go low-we go high.
rexrose
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:15:37 AM

Huge Bruce fan. Saw him last time he was here (Brisbane) at the ent. centre and don't think I would bother. Any other venue for sure but I don't think the BEC suits his style. If I remember, the promoters didn't do to well as ticket sales were well down on what they expected.

Saw him at QE2 (outdoor 86) and much better venue. For me it should be an outdoor venue. Would pay premium. Don't know about BEC. May as well watch a DVD on a Jetstar flight. No room to move.
waffles
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:42:41 AM

so how do you rate our chances of bruce at bluesfest 2013?

anyone have any info? i know we have a lot of reasons why he wont be,but any thing in the positive?

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:03:01 AM

rexrose wrote:
Huge Bruce fan. Saw him last time he was here (Brisbane) at the ent. centre and don't think I would bother. Any other venue for sure but I don't think the BEC suits his style. If I remember, the promoters didn't do to well as ticket sales were well down on what they expected.

Saw him at QE2 (outdoor 86) and much better venue. For me it should be an outdoor venue. Would pay premium. Don't know about BEC. May as well watch a DVD on a Jetstar flight. No room to move.

Agree. BEC is a crap venue. Would be better if he played at Suncorp.
rexrose
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:46:13 AM

Waffles, The only way I think we could see Bruce was if he did an accoustic set. Him playing at Hanging Rock Saturday can't see how the band could do it. I don't know all the logisitics (don't even know if I can spell it correctly) but it seems a bridge too far.

Having seem his Tom Joad tour, would settle for an accoustic set anytime. Sunday night would be perfect me thinks.

Eileenk9 I don't know if Bruce would half fill the Suncorp these days, and I don't know if Riverstage is too small. Would fly down to Hanging Rock to see him except for a little festival down the road at same time. Hate those clashes.

With all these artists touring early next year don't know where all the money is going to come from to buy tickets. Might be a few 2 for 1's around the place.
eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:37:24 PM

No Uncle Neil or The Boss shows for me anyway because it's too close to Bluesfest. If they were coming later in the year it would be a different matter.
colinsid
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:08:53 PM

I doubt if he will be playing Bluesfest this year, even though I am a massive fan, that's okay with me. Theres no shortage excellent acts without him, maybe in a few years. I will see him at least in Sydney, it looks like there is space for more shows as well.

I got to say they I am surprised he is doing Rod Laver shows before before the Hanging Rock Festival in the same state. Watch out festival promoters you may get burned on that one, most Melbourmne fans who want to see him will more likely go to Rod Laver gigs & only a few would do a new festival. I haven't looked to see if it still occurs but I remember quite a few Bluefest headliners in past years didn't do Brisbane gigs for this reason (presumably part of contract).

Saw him last time in Sydney SCG where they had a couple of power outages early in the set, though these where quickly resolved, he made up for it by playing late. The sound however was really bad in my original seat with a delayed echo bouncing off the stadium, everybody moved forward into the aisles from these positions & the sound was way better. This is the only artist I have even bothered going to a stadium to see, very few bands can pull them off. I think he will be great in the Entertainment Centre Acer Arena type gigs & totally disagree with those who want to see him in a stadium. As he doesn't tour here that much he doesn't have the live fan base that he has in US & Europe where he tours more regularly to fill the stadiums anyway.
colinsid
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:02:22 PM

Looks like the Hanging Rock gig is just Brue & not a festival as I 1st presumed,(do your research next time colinsid) so they may have a limit on the Rod Laver shows, maybe just one.
regards
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:13:01 PM

colinsid wrote:
I doubt if he will be playing Bluesfest this year, even though I am a massive fan, that's okay with me. Theres no shortage excellent acts without him, maybe in a few years. I will see him at least in Sydney, it looks like there is space for more shows as well.

I got to say they I am surprised he is doing Rod Laver shows before before the Hanging Rock Festival in the same state. Watch out festival promoters you may get burned on that one, most Melbourmne fans who want to see him will more likely go to Rod Laver gigs & only a few would do a new festival. I haven't looked to see if it still occurs but I remember quite a few Bluefest headliners in past years didn't do Brisbane gigs for this reason (presumably part of contract).

Saw him last time in Sydney SCG where they had a couple of power outages early in the set, though these where quickly resolved, he made up for it by playing late. The sound however was really bad in my original seat with a delayed echo bouncing off the stadium, everybody moved forward into the aisles from these positions & the sound was way better. This is the only artist I have even bothered going to a stadium to see, very few bands can pull them off. I think he will be great in the Entertainment Centre Acer Arena type gigs & totally disagree with those who want to see him in a stadium. As he doesn't tour here that much he doesn't have the live fan base that he has in US & Europe where he tours more regularly to fill the stadiums anyway.

The Hanging Rock Gig will sell out, I will bet on it. It is a great setting and the sound the last 2 years has been very good and every one got in and out alot easier than expected.

If Bruce does not sell at least 2 Tennis Centre shows as well as the Hanging Rock then Frontier will be loosing dough.

I have seen Bruce at the Melbourne Showgrounds at the Palais at Docklands Stadium, Western Springs, and other places I forget, and this year at JazzFest, some gigs working some not and this years was probably the best I think the sound and the band were both great, and Bruce got a bit emotional at times when talking about the big man or when he spotted signs or whatever in the crowd that mentioned or saluted Clarence. He still played some crap like dancing in the dark, and looked like he pretended to enjoy it, but it was all good and I would recommend the show.
groover
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:56:02 PM

surely surely surely they would have tried to get them, if they're here at the same time as the festival? Maybe there will be a big announcement! its exciting Applause
BC1987
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:56:40 PM

nice little article here on tone deaf which has got some speculation going we may see the boss at bluesfest:

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tournews/236859/bluesfest-nominated-festival-springsteen-rumours-heat.htm

who could peter noble be finalising for the announcement next wednesday... is it bruce... personally i would prefer dmb but if it is bruce what a massive announcement for the festival that would be :)
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:02:42 PM

How many acts promoted by Frontier down-under have ever also played at Bluesfest on the same tour

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:27:06 PM

Fasterlouder.com hinting at Bruce and blues fest...... Woh!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:28:41 PM

The scuttlebutt is that Peter has taken a specially bottled Penfold's Grange with a local witchetty grub included to tempt the mystery artist to play 2013
To obtain the remaining 11 bottles Tom simply needs to collect them.

P.S. Newest member this morning was a cOKebloke and now its Otis Noble, deja vu

Those without tix snap up Sunday whilst its still discounted.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
regards
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:42:49 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
How many acts promoted by Frontier down-under have ever also played at Bluesfest on the same tour

None that I can remember. but I could be wrong.

I think I posted last week that the fact the Bruce tour was going to be with Frontier, as it turned out, meant that it was very unlikely Bruce would be at Bluesfest and I still believe that. Which is a bummer as I would love to see him at Byron. But not all promoters get along. Never say Never though.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:44:08 PM

So with Bruce & Neil touring,Tom and Van in the never to happen box,and DMB off the radar meantime,it must be time to move onto other things....

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8