Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

ANOTHER announcement Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 12:39:26 PM
Groups: Administration

Word in the office is there is ANOTHER announcement coming next week - WITH MAJOR ARTISTS in it - plus some really interesting new artists.
Bboard Admin
Space5279
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 12:50:15 PM
Groups: Member

This must be the announcement with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in it, for sure!!!

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
spacejunky
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:02:23 PM

Space5279 wrote:
This must be the announcement with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in it, for sure!!!

would be GOOD !!!
spacejunky
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:03:03 PM

hopefully some CHRIS ROBINSON BROTHERHOOD???....
greybeard
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:10:46 PM

I expect a little light to be shone on a group who will be touring at Easter Not talking

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
zyfert
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:13:03 PM

greybeard wrote:
I expert a little light to be shone on a group who will be touring at Easter Not talking

Yes, they seem to have been flashing on and off again.
timcook123
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:57:07 PM

YOU KNOW WHO I'M HOPING FOR!!

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
Maccain09
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 2:50:16 PM

Note Admin states MAJOR ARTISTS that means this is the announcement that includes our slice of Holywood so I say it's time we braced ourselves for Steven Seagal. He was only speaking with triple M in Sydney last week!!! Great interview and he was pretty humble about his guitar skills too. There were a few indications in the interview that he would be touring here over Easter. Matt Johns openly admitted to being a big fan so he has the support of a major radio station and an opening over Easter, bring on the Mojo Priest!
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 4:07:53 PM

Have I told you all about the time I had this dream about Paul Simon at... oh wait...

Tom Petty would be very nice.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
spacejunky
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 4:37:26 PM

Maccain09 wrote:
Note Admin states MAJOR ARTISTS that means this is the announcement that includes our slice of Holywood so I say it's time we braced ourselves for Steven Seagal. He was only speaking with triple M in Sydney last week!!! Great interview and he was pretty humble about his guitar skills too. There were a few indications in the interview that he would be touring here over Easter. Matt Johns openly admitted to being a big fan so he has the support of a major radio station and an opening over Easter, bring on the Mojo Priest!

so would you consider steven seagull as a major artist?...now i am not having a dig at this b grade actor....BUT....if he is a major artist...then what would we class the 'hoff ' as....who i believe is touring at that time?
greybeard
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 5:06:01 PM

Maccain09 wrote:

Novocain is a complicated persona ;anti Sniffer Dogs but pro The Lawman of Jefferson Parish Louisiana / California and lately Hudspeth County Texas~ famous for locking up celebrities ( Willie Nelson, Snoop Dog to name two)for a dobbie or three.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/28/celebrity-pot-busts-put-tiny-texas-county-on-map/
It would be great for the Lawman to follow our furry little heroes filming drug busts around the entrances, in the tents and around the Artists rest area. Possibly might be a little hard to convince Bluesfest Admin of the wisdom of such a gig.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
Midnight_Rambler
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 5:07:34 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:

Word in the office is there is ANOTHER announcement coming next week - WITH MAJOR ARTISTS in it - plus some really interesting new artists.
Bboard Admin

Awesome! Keep them coming
glenboss
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 9:56:13 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:

Bboard Admin

Dear Admin, I don't want to sound ungracious here but....... Thursday's finale is Ben Harper, Friday's is Santana, Saturday's is Robert Plant, Sunday's is Cat Empire, and Monday's is Paul Simon. By major artists I'm hoping you're planning on some wonderful afternoon or early evening shows because I really don't want to hear of any new acts announced (that I would really want to see) that would clash with any of these already wonderful finales (that I really want to see) because this would only put me into a state of emotional turmoil. You know what I mean. I am just so impressed with the line-up so far
waffles
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:19:12 AM

emotional turmoil = clashes!!!

spoilt by incredible choices.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.