Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

TODAY'S BRISBANE SUNDAY MAIL Options
pnoble
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:14:16 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/21/2008
Posts: 16
Points: 207
Hi,
Today's Brisbane Sunday Mail has the best article I have ever read in a major newspaper about Bluesfest.
For those of you who are in the area where you can get a copy - I highly recommend you doing so.
It nails what we are about in a 2 page story in the Entertainment liftout

Thanks
peter Noble
Festival Director
Frosty
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:36:53 AM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/20/2008
Posts: 14
Points: 99
Hey Peter is there anyway you attach the article to this post, i would love read it.
zyfert
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:11:18 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 239
Points: 617
Location: Far ne nsw
Frosty wrote:
Quote:
Hey Peter is there anyway you attach the article to this post, i would love read it.


I have searched the Courier Mail website and their archives and cannot find it.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/entertainment/
The only item that appears is an article about Booker T.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25211272-5003421,00.html

pnoble
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:24:56 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/21/2008
Posts: 16
Points: 207
Well, how do you advise a music promoter, who is a bit of an old fossil, and not too computer literate, to do something like that - directions please

Peter
Dan...
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:27:58 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/11/2008
Posts: 575
Points: 1,100
pnoble wrote:
Well, how do you advise a music promoter, who is a bit of an old fossil, and not too computer literate, to do something like that - directions please

Peter


i'd recommend emailing the entertainment editor and asking if he can send you a .pdf version of the story. i have no idea what their policy is on such requests though.


The poster formerly known as Dan
zyfert
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:29:57 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 239
Points: 617
Location: Far ne nsw
Quote:

i'd recommend emailing the entertainment editor and asking if he can send you a .pdf version of the story


Thank you Rose from Bluesfest for making this possible.

colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:35:54 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/22/2008
Posts: 390
Points: 799
Location: Here
This is from the courier mail & is about John Butler but I don't think it is the one your refering to.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,25234462-2902,00.html

Huge news anyhow & it happend before Bluesfest.
colinsid
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:47:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/22/2008
Posts: 390
Points: 799
Location: Here
Sorry to Spelling/ Grammar Fascists, I meant to write "& it is happening before Bluesfest". Has refering got a double r, why hasn't this board got spellchecker. They should be able to afford it now thay have got two less band members to pay.

Too late to change merchandise to John Butler Solo.
RaucousReg
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:43:51 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/23/2009
Posts: 353
Points: 632
colinsid wrote:
Sorry to Spelling/ Grammar Fascists, I meant to write "& it is happening before Bluesfest". Has refering got a double r, why hasn't this board got spellchecker. They should be able to afford it now thay have got two less band members to pay.

Too late to change merchandise to John Butler Solo.


More bucks for Australia's wealthiest (American Ex-pat) musician and former pseudo-feral (bit hard to maintain that PR image when you hit the BRW Rich 100 List!!!)

namaste
RR
c0kebloke
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:51:44 PM
Rank: Guest
Groups: Guest

Joined: 7/15/2008
Posts: -906
Points: -30,232
RaucousReg wrote:
colinsid wrote:
Sorry to Spelling/ Grammar Fascists, I meant to write "& it is happening before Bluesfest". Has refering got a double r, why hasn't this board got spellchecker. They should be able to afford it now thay have got two less band members to pay.

Too late to change merchandise to John Butler Solo.


More bucks for Australia's wealthiest (American Ex-pat) musician and former pseudo-feral (bit hard to maintain that PR image when you hit the BRW Rich 100 List!!!)

namaste
RR

Nice to see Reg has still got a soft spot for JBT.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.116 seconds.