Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A repeat of a previous impossible dream Options
dtucker
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:09:11 AM
Groups: Member

With so many wonderful acts playing we are going to have to spend a lot of time waiting up the front before acts if we want to get a decent spot to see them, meaning we are doomed to miss lots of other great acts. The alternative is sprinting between tents and being content to be up the back for everyone.

This could be made less of a disappointment if somehow the video (and audio) from the the two main tents, which is displayed on the screen in those tents, could also be fed to the other main tent to be displayed on its screen (and fed through the PA) during breaks at that tent. I realise that it would be technically demanding and would need a long wire or a wireless link between tents but seeing the organisers are giving us such a good line-up, it would be great to maximise the number of acts we can actually see a bit of (even if remotely).

A more realistic suggestion: It would also be great if the number of screens at the Mojo could go back to the amount that were there for Dylan for those times we do get stuck up the back or outside a tent.
normastijk
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:42:01 PM

dtucker wrote:
With so many wonderful acts playing we are going to have to spend a lot of time waiting up the front before acts if we want to get a decent spot to see them, meaning we are doomed to miss lots of other great acts. The alternative is sprinting between tents and being content to be up the back for everyone.

This could be made less of a disappointment if somehow the video (and audio) from the the two main tents, which is displayed on the screen in those tents, could also be fed to the other main tent to be displayed on its screen (and fed through the PA) during breaks at that tent. I realise that it would be technically demanding and would need a long wire or a wireless link between tents but seeing the organisers are giving us such a good line-up, it would be great to maximise the number of acts we can actually see a bit of (even if remotely).

A more realistic suggestion: It would also be great if the number of screens at the Mojo could go back to the amount that were there for Dylan for those times we do get stuck up the back or outside a tent.

+1
Jaylee1
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:55:21 AM

while I'm a fan of the big screen and thought the 2011 screens were great, I did notice that the crowd flow was must improved in 2012 with the abscence of the screens. Given the anticipated number of people, to have them congregating in the main thoroughfares to view the screens makes movement hazardous.

I do like the idea of feeds from the tents during breaks- how many times can we see the same ad over and over again

JT