Groups: Member

glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:14:12 PM

Look forward to seeing it
Midnight_Rambler
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:08:55 PM

Was great! Probably one of the best shot concerts I've seen. A little annoying with the editing that they didn't focus on one person for more than about 3 seconds. Loved the way the band played nice & close to each other.
reddragon
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:45:11 PM

I was very tempted to watch it tonight, but responsible parental duties took over instead. Will wait for the blu ray to come out and give it a good blast.

Out of interest, how full were the cinemas? Did many show up for it and did everyone cheers and clap in between the songs? Applause Many moons ago we used to go and watch 'The Song Remains The Same' which was always shown as a double bill with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everyone in the cinema used to cheer in between the songs as if it was a real concert!!
normastijk
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:34:14 AM

reddragon wrote:
I was very tempted to watch it tonight, but responsible parental duties took over instead. Will wait for the blu ray to come out and give it a good blast.

Out of interest, how full were the cinemas? Did many show up for it and did everyone cheers and clap in between the songs? Applause Many moons ago we used to go and watch 'The Song Remains The Same' which was always shown as a double bill with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everyone in the cinema used to cheer in between the songs as if it was a real concert!!

Saw it at Tuggerah - only half full, no clapping/cheering. Two old ladies to my left who didn't shut up all night - at least they moved as far away from everyone as they could, but still. Wasn't ecstatic about the editing but I have seen much worse. Also didn't think the inclusion of the odd bit of obviously audience shot footage added anything. I did like that it was just the concert, no fan interviews, minimal crowd shots, nothing extraneous. I assume they will be in the extras of the DVD/BluRay. Fortunately the sound wasn't unbearably loud - in fact probably could have been turned up a bit. While they may have done the odd fix, compared to the bootlegs out there, it didn't seem like they fiddled with it a whole lot as there was still the odd minor flub. I'll definitely be buying the BluRay when it comes out.
Midnight_Rambler
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:22:48 PM

There were a few people clapping inbetween songs at The Myer Centre in Brisbane. There were also of course people that felt the need to talk, send text etc.Brick wall
I thought the rough footage was professionaly shot but made to look like it was an audience perspective. Overall I would give it a 8/10.