Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The latest email Options
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:15:29 PM
Groups: Member

I was going to respond on the "announcing the possibility of future announcments" thread about todays email but I'm in a happy positive mood and really don't want to read the negative crap. I know it's another email but geez did I get excited - excitement levels are riding high. I was also wondering if the different photos on the home page mean anything ?? I leave for Hong Kong a bit after midnight tonight. Get there 8am tomorrow morning. Start work at 10am and will probably knock off around 6/7pm. I'll hardly get any sleep tonight on the flight and will be totally stuffed by the end of the day tomorrow but do you think I'll be going to bed early tomorrow night ? I very much doubt it. Just got to last till 11.01pm Hong Kong time and then once I've confirmed that the announcement is as brilliant as I know it will be, then I'll crash.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:23:54 PM

I do not see different photos on the home page.
If the photos change,then they are relevant.

Bonnie Raitt's photo is there.
I expect her to be on the list,as a hint was dropped some time ago.
I would have preferred Emmylou Harris but that is not to be.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
regards
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:22:24 PM

glenboss wrote:
I was going to respond on the "announcing the possibility of future announcments" thread about todays email but I'm in a happy positive mood and really don't want to read the negative crap. I know it's another email but geez did I get excited - excitement levels are riding high. I was also wondering if the different photos on the home page mean anything ?? I leave for Hong Kong a bit after midnight tonight. Get there 8am tomorrow morning. Start work at 10am and will probably knock off around 6/7pm. I'll hardly get any sleep tonight on the flight and will be totally stuffed by the end of the day tomorrow but do you think I'll be going to bed early tomorrow night ? I very much doubt it. Just got to last till 11.01pm Hong Kong time and then once I've confirmed that the announcement is as brilliant as I know it will be, then I'll crash.

Good luck to you.

I am going the other way, leave London 9. 30 tommorrow night and am stopping in Thailand for a bit of R and R after a hectic but good few months here in London.

So when I am in the Qantas Club tommorrow evening, factoring that we are 9 hours behind aus here, I plan to check the announcement about the announcement of the Line Up and with luck will be smiling for the next dozen hours of pain on the bloody plane.
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:05:24 PM

regards wrote:
[quote=glenboss]I am going the other way, leave London 9. 30 tommorrow night and am stopping in Thailand for a bit of R and R after a hectic but good few months here in London.

Regards, I spent 5 days in Bangkok after Hong Kong. 5 gruelling days of work but on the last night we went to a bar that I found last year, Niu's on Silom. It's a blues/jazz bar. You either eat outside or upstairs. Food is second to none. You wonder how anyone can make food taste so nice, just umbelievable. Anyway at 9pm the music starts. Inside downstairs they have about 30 really comfortable leather lounge chairs to sit on and this night they had a really good blues band playing - Keith Nolans's Love Gone Wrong. It's only a small venure and the front row seat is about 4-5 feet from the musicians. I googled them when I got home but everything I found was not half as good and sitting in front of them and listening. They were just excellent musicians. So if you're going to Bangkok again, the restaurant is well worth finding out about. Between sets, and before hand while you're eating, they open the screens at the back of the stage to a large screen and played both an Issac Hayes concert and a BB King concert. Honestly, if you're a food lover and a blues lover, it was heaven. I was talking to the head chef/owner of the place and he said he remembered me from last year to which I thought to myself "yeah, right, of course you did" untill he told me were I was actually sitting last year. Unbelievable. Anyway, next time you go back, look it up, you'll enjoy a wonderful evening. If one of the friends I was with emails the video they took I'll attach it to this thread.
This clip is the best of a bad batch on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUUJY8UlJc&feature=relmfu
BC1987
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 3:22:08 PM

not sure if you guys got it but the latest email says second announcement is coming next wednesday night via email for us members.
hopefully it is as fantastic as announcement 1 :)
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:47:39 PM

I have today received an email to inform me that I have been chosen because I am one of the select,loyal Bluesfest friends who came to the Festival last year.
It has been noticed that I have not stopped in to purchase my tickets to Bluesfest yet.
I now have an exclusive offer valid for 72 hours only.
Where I can buy a 5 day ticket at a price reduced from $645 to $545,saving $100.
Or 3 day tickets reduced from $420 to $380,saving $40.
Or 1 day tickets reduced from $159 to $139,saving $20.
Or VIP tickets from $50 per day,saving $40.
I am invited to book "LoyalPlus " tickets now.
That leads me to the question of how accurately the Bluesfest database is being maintained.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
mpember
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:13:00 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
That leads me to the question of how accurately the Bluesfest database is being maintained.

If the previous posts from BF Admin about my true identity are an example of this, very poorly.

The real question that remains is why didn't you buy your tickets earlier to avoid the rush? Did you not read the previous emails about how tickets will not last at this price? Get in now before they announce a massive headliner who will instantly sell the remaining tickets.