Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Live music in Sydney tonight - recommendations? Options
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:30:25 AM
Groups: Member

Gday punters

Am heading to Sydney for hubby's bday tonight and would like to see some live music near The Rocks. Any suggestions? Preferably free?

Thanks in advance

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
greybeard
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:40:42 PM

G'day, cheapskate stranger

He wrote some of the greatest hits of the 70s and 80s, and warmed our hearts with his poignant lyrics and unique voice. Yes, Van Morrison, aka Van the Man, is who we're talking about...or, more specifically, Australia's answer to Van Morrison, Steve Hogan.

This Thursday, Steve and the band are back with celebrate Van Morrison with their show Enlightenment. You'll be in heaven, dancing in the moonlight, and feeling mystical when Steve and co. present their uncannily accurate interpretations of Van Morrison's amazing music.

And if you're looking for an international flavour this weekend, then why not head along to Mucho Mambo on Friday, or The Basement Goes Greek on Saturday? Tickets are selling fast for both events, so best to book through moshtix if you're keen.
ENLIGHTENMENT: Celebrating VAN MORRISON - Thu 28 Jun 2012 9:00 PM @ The Basement

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
curlyloc
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:31:23 PM

Why thanks GB, thats the nicest reply you have ever given me

Not a HUGE fan of Van Morrison covers (one of the reasons I stopped going to Sydney pubs....the other being as u pointed out previously is that I may dance like Elaine from Seinfeld) BUT if you recommend him he must be good enough.

Will report back y'all

Thanks

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen