Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Could the attempt to limit large music events in Byron Bay influence 2013's lineup? Options
bender
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:17:40 AM
Groups: Member

I just started to wonder could this whole attempt to limit large music festivals in Byron Bay have any level of influence on who actually plays next year? Could it mean that some of the artists who have actively and publicly shown their opposition to it be more likely to play, be it of their own will to play or the request of the Bluesfest team? Could the possibility of such a law inspire some artists, who have yet to play Bluesfest, to ask to play next year so as they can show their support in that way that will let the ppowers that be of the council know how they feel? Could an artist/ group reform for the very same reason? I'm interested to hear what other people think about this.
missyblue
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:01:12 AM

I was actually wondering if it we would have less artists if they chose to cut the hours back.
steveakers
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:07:48 AM

I Can't believe that after all these years of struggling with traffic through town twice a day, jammed in like sardines at red devil and belongil, now that Bluesfest is big enough to set up out in the paddock and do it right the council actually want to limit Byron shire to two events per year?

The impact on the town is now far less but local businesses in all the surrounding towns still benefit from the influx of people. It just does not make sense.

My local council can't bend over backwards far enough to approve the destruction of the Fitzroy river delta to make way for two coal terminals and an (un)natural gas terminal. I know what I'd rather have.
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:01:50 PM

steveakers wrote:
I Can't believe that after all these years of struggling with traffic through town twice a day, jammed in like sardines at red devil and belongil, now that Bluesfest is big enough to set up out in the paddock and do it right the council actually want to limit Byron shire to two events per year?

The impact on the town is now far less but local businesses in all the surrounding towns still benefit from the influx of people. It just does not make sense.

My local council can't bend over backwards far enough to approve the destruction of the Fitzroy river delta to make way for two coal terminals and an (un)natural gas terminal. I know what I'd rather have.

Strelow is for the coal terminals.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
eileenk9
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 8:19:55 AM

Apparently there was going to be an Elton John concert at the Bluesfest site in November and now it's been canned. :\