Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ash Grunwald/Grant Walmsley & AOP/ Rubix Cuba FREE outdoor gig Beaumont St, Newcastle Options
waz
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:13:40 AM
Groups: Member

Celebrating St Pat's I guess, Beaumont St Hamilton will be closed off on Sunday with markets and the like, am going to head down with the wife and the bubby, (he'll have his green ear muffs on) come and say hello if you see us, I know there are a bunch of people from Newcastle on here :) :) :) :) :)

Northern Star Hotel - Outside
Sunday, March 15

112 Beaumont Street Hamilton
With Grant Walmsley and the Agents Of Peace, Rubix Cuba , Bob Corbett.
Ash on stage 3.30pm – 5.00pm
gerardf
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 1:09:16 PM

Hi Waz, and after you've seen Ash you can go to The Junkyard in Maitland to see Marshall & The Fro.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
waz
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 6:54:05 PM

gerardf wrote:
Hi Waz, and after you've seen Ash you can go to The Junkyard in Maitland to see Marshall & The Fro.

Oi Ve how lovely have to get that one past the missus! I think my chances are no better than 1-1000.........000000000 :)
curlyloc
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 6:03:09 PM

Waz - I only just saw your post so didn't have green ear muff radar on yesterday, hopefully we'll spot bubby at BF and introduce ourselves.

Was impressed with Grant Walmsley; not impressed with crap sound during Ash's set - but twas a free gig so all in all a good arvo. Saw a good fun band at the Wicko afterwards too (McNasties I think).

Dallas Frasca at Bar on the Hill this Thursday is my pick for the week though - see you there Novacastrians eg Wendywoo!

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
phelan1973
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 6:38:28 PM
Groups: Guest

CW Stoneking at the Cambo on Thursday too.
waz
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:09:32 AM

curlyloc wrote:
Waz - I only just saw your post so didn't have green ear muff radar on yesterday, hopefully we'll spot bubby at BF and introduce ourselves.

Was impressed with Grant Walmsley; not impressed with crap sound during Ash's set - but twas a free gig so all in all a good arvo. Saw a good fun band at the Wicko afterwards too (McNasties I think).

Dallas Frasca at Bar on the Hill this Thursday is my pick for the week though - see you there Novacastrians eg Wendywoo!

I agree it was a great little free afternoon of music (and the $5 pints of Kilkenny didn't hurt either). The little one had a ball, and we got so many comments of what a great idea the ear muffs were (I saw so many young kids there and the sound was quite loud), I'm going to try to get back for CW Stoneking on Thursday if I cen get out of work early enough (I'm stuck in Muswellbrook for work at the mo)

Look forward to bumping into you guys next time!
gerardf
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:29:12 PM

Love Dallas Frasca, don't much like the venue so I think I'll be at The Cambridge for C W Stoneking on Thursday.

See ya there.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk