Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I Heart Melbourne Music Scene!!! Options
Rachel76
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:05:46 PM
Groups: Member

Just have to say thanks to the powers that be for the fantastic Melbourne music scene!!!!
Just spent 3+ hours being totally amazed by the new Lloyd Spiegel show with Tim Burnham @ Cornish Arms for the princely sum of $10!!!!
Would have happily have paid that just for the 12+ minute version of "Who do you love" alone!!!
Lloyd never fails to entertain but the new sound with Tim on drums is amazing so if they're heading your way soon - and knowing Lloyd he will be lol - then do yourself a favour and check the boys out!
gerardf
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 10:13:17 AM

Absolutely Rachel.

Here's Lloyd and Tim a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic.

http://youtu.be/NU-nvrPWA5g

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
dcavedon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 10:27:18 AM

Melbourne kicks butt when it comes to live music - especially blues music - and I love this town for it. To have the calibre of Lloyd, Chris Wilson, Shannon Bourne, Jimi Hocking and others regularly gigging round the place is a pleasure - and mostly you can catch them all for free! I noticed my local (the Grandview Hotel in Fairfield) now has a regular blues night on Tuesday where you can see fantastic acts like these guys...gives me something to do on a Tuesday!!
Rachel76
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 12:19:29 PM

gerardf - great clip! I have Lloyd to thank (or curse lol) for opening my eyes to the Melbourne Blues scene after catching him on the Bluestrain a few years ago.

dcavedon - I love the Way Out West Roots Music Club in Willy for a Sunday arvo blues fix. It's all volunteer run for the love of the music and they get such an amazingly diverse range of blues playing most weeks and so cheap. http://wowrootsmusic.com/

Haven't managed to get to one of the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society's Tuesday night House of Blues gigs at the Royal Standard yet but line-ups look equally awesome. http://www.mbas.org.au/

The Bendigo Blues festival was awesome last year too - Geoff Achison was a huge highlight! And is a great way to get a decent Blues fix between Bluesfests lol

dcavedon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2012 12:42:35 PM

Thanks for all the tips Rachel76!! Will keep my eyes out...we sure are spoilt!!!