Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bluesfest Playing Schedule Options
rstroud
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:08:09 PM
Groups: Member

I have been looking at the schedules from the Bluesfest website and the Rhythms magazine and they do not exactly match. This is important for punters wanting to run from tent to tent. Can we get a clarification which schedule is correct ?

steveakers
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:08:45 AM

The schedule on the website is correct. You will get a little pocket size card on entry that will have the correct schedule on it. Don't even look at the schedule in Rhythms magazine, it will only cause confusion. The schedule always changes in between the time it is printed in Rhythms and when the gates open, can't be helped. Make sure you don't print the schedule from the website until just before the fest, there may be some last minute juggling, although it should be pretty right mow.
jafa99
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:54:53 PM

Spot on steve. I printed the schedule a coupla weeks ago but waiting before I do serious planning. Someone please let us know if the schedule on the website changes.
mpember
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 10:30:29 PM

This is the kind of thing that BF should be telling people about via their Facebook page or homepage.

For those that are interested, I have created iCal files for each of the stages. If you want a copy, the files are available for download here:

http://minus.com/mvYW5hcZJ

If there are any errors, just tell me and I will fix it and re-upload the file.
spintheblackcircle
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:15:13 PM

mpember wrote:
This is the kind of thing that BF should be telling people about via their Facebook page or homepage.

For those that are interested, I have created iCal files for each of the stages. If you want a copy, the files are available for download here:

Just out of interest as i am at work and haven't been able to get access to the files you have uploaded, but wouldn't it be beneficial to merge all the stages into a timetable on the one day? Surely this would be easier than having a different file for each of the stages.

This is my first bluesfest but i have been to many festivals all around the world over the past 20 years and this is the first time i have come across a timetable that doesn't show you a comparison for which bands are overlapping/clashing at any given time. Sure, the times are there, but it doesn't make it easy to work out which bands clash. It took me 3 hours to put all 5 days into a spreadsheet so i could start planning my days.
mpember
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:18:35 PM

spintheblackcircle wrote:
mpember wrote:

Just out of interest as i am at work and haven't been able to get access to the files you have uploaded, but wouldn't it be beneficial to merge all the stages into a timetable on the one day? Surely this would be easier than having a different file for each of the stages.

This is my first bluesfest but i have been to many festivals all around the world over the past 20 years and this is the first time i have come across a timetable that doesn't show you a comparison for which bands are overlapping/clashing at any given time. Sure, the times are there, but it doesn't make it easy to work out which bands clash. It took me 3 hours to put all 5 days into a spreadsheet so i could start planning my days.

Google Calendar, iOS Calendar and Outlook all feature an option to display multiple calendars. By allocating a colour to each stage, it is easy to identify the location for each performance. In my case, I have a widget on the homescreen of my phone for four of the five stages. This means I can turn on my phone and see each stage in a clear fashion without having to think too much about it (brain power can be lacking towards the end of a 5 day event).

If you want to combine them, then your chosen calendar app should allow you to import the files into a single calendar.