Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Heading from the South Options
misssmiley
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:12:52 AM
Groups: Member

Hello
I am heading up to the festival from the Coffs Coast area and was wondering if anyone would like to share some or all of the journey with me, i am happy to share/drive/or navigate ;-)
My friend has let me down last minute and i dont want to sell my ticket but i am a bit nervous about attending on my own so at this stage i am not sure if i am going to go for the saturday - monday as planned or just sunday - monday
I am 29 year old English girl who is really looking forward to her 1st bluefest!
Always28
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:31:19 AM

Wow...29 and scared of going to Bluesfest.

Don't worry you will find heaps of kind considerate careful music fans and no agro of any sort. I haven't seen a blue in 7 years, and Coffs to Byron it's about 3 hours straight up the road no need to navigate just point north.

You'll be alright
Rachel76
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:09:00 PM

You should definetely go - friends or no friends! I did my first Bluesfest on my own in 2004 at around the same age and had a blast and never had any issues with safety or finding people to chat with!!!
glenboss
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:41:11 PM

I think Bluesfest is one of those places that whether you're on your own or with other people, you spend the majority of the time listening to music and not being able to talk anyway. Considering how tight the camping situation is, I think the camping is a really safe environment. You're driving up and back on one of the busiest highways in the country at a busy time so that should be safe as well. Going with a buddy as you planned is always the nicest way but now you need to take Rachel76's advise.