Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Car parking Options
bmjhayes
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:37:46 PM
Groups: Member

Where is the daily car parking at Bluesfest and what is the cost, if any?
Dan...
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:45:45 PM

It's onsite. The only problem is leaving, sometimes it takes a very long time to get out (sometimes it doesn't). Can't remember price - think it was maybe a $5 flood relief donation last year?

The poster formerly known as Dan
freexone
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:10:59 PM

You may like to park somewhere like Bangalow or Mullumbimby and catch one of the shuttle buses.
Generally the furthest destinations were Ballina or Brunswick, the office should know the actual details.
Last year it was $5- each way from Mullum. and a bit more for places further away.
Thursday night last Easter was catas-tropic. Getting out took the buses aprox. 2 hours, 'and they had some priority!'.
However, every other night was excellent, and we were out of the site in around 10 minutes.
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 7:51:57 AM
Groups: Guest

a question for bluesfest team
we have been coming to the festival for over 11 years and do not have many problems with parking our motor bike. I have ms so walking is difficult for me but i can sit on a bike easily. last year we went to thee handicapped parking near where the buses unload ( this is the shortest walking route into the grounds) and a security guard asked if we had permission to do this from the bluesfest team. we said no but we have a handicapped sticker from the government. he let us begrugingley park, that was the first day.for the rest of the time the other security people were great and very helpfull I was also given rides to the gate on occassions by people in the golf carts for which I was very gratefull.
Question Do I need permission from the team to park in the handicapped space?
Could golfcarts be more available for people who have to walk on crutches etc from the handicapped area?
sparkie1
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 1:54:29 PM

Brunswick Heads is the closest town to the Festival site.....5-8 mins!!
drwildare
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:31:38 PM

sparkie1 wrote:
Brunswick Heads is the closest town to the Festival site.....5-8 mins!!

Actually Mullumbimby is closer in Km's
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:54:00 PM

Lawrence Alias Bingobongo Alias Cokebloke will tell you all you need to know about being a disabled Bluesfest attendee and his experiences with mobility scooters and golfcarts at the festival.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iabyEebfCc
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 5:16:20 PM

I am hoping it will be helpfull info from Cokebloke Have had some very helpfull people at disabled toilets and the disabled viewing areas in the last few years, but each year it is becoming more difficult to move around. but it has had advantages as I stay mainly in the one tent and have seen some wonderful acts I may not have gone too.
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 8:53:02 PM

Guest wrote:

Question Do I need permission from the team to park in the handicapped space?
Could golfcarts be more available for people who have to walk on crutches etc from the handicapped area?

Since its a disabled carpark & you have a handicapped sticker you should not have any problem.
I think the person that questioned you was just being overly zealous.(but it may not hurt to ring bf just so you know things are ok)

As for golfcarts being more available for people who have to walk on crutches etc from the handicapped area,i was only thinking the same last week.
I dont drive but get a taxi & bring a mobility scooter the first day & keep it @ the bf site then get a taxi back to town on the last night the rest of the time i use the bus.

The best advice i could give would be to speak to the people @ the info tent.
The first couple of years @ the new site i was given a mobile number & they would drive the scooter over to the bus dropoff area & they may do the same for you with the golf buggy.

Do you have someone going to bf with you?
If so just get them to walk up to the area where they collect people with the golf buggy's and see if they will collect you from the dissabled carpark - they are very easy going & i'm sure they won't mind given your circumstances .
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:25:38 AM

Thanks for your help. I will follow that up with bf people.