Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Is there a 5th/final announcement? Options
anty
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:54:56 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/9/2009
Posts: 5
Points: 15
hey everyone,
is there another announcement after today's one (the 4th)?
I am stoked as about john foggerty, not really that wild on the rest.
Maccain09
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:56:51 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/12/2009
Posts: 831
Points: -1,814
Location: Palmerston,
yep - Wilco - 10cc - Ray Davis - Mojo Priest - Angry Anderson. to name a few.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:02:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/19/2008
Posts: 3,866
Points: 9,314
Location: 46* South
Anty,how come you got busted and you do not like Tribali ?


"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:41:51 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 449
Points: 461
Location: Brisbane
i am holding out for another announcement for selfish personal taste reasons...
so i ask the same question, is there a further announcement to come?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
anty
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:42:42 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/9/2009
Posts: 5
Points: 15
first time i walked through... i got searched by the cops cos the dog came and sat down next to me... i didnt have anything on me but had been smokin that day.
next time had some weed in a tabacco pouch. u know that if u have weed in amongst tabacco that the cops say the amount of weed u have is the combined weed and tabacco? Even if ya only have a pinch of dope.

Im not wild on the 4th annoucement b/c i love reggae and ska music heaps. I have seen ziggy marley a fair few times now and i actually dont rate him that highly (prefer damain). Can't wait for sublime (even if it is only 1 original member), specials and the pogues though.



Spose the awesome thing bout bluesfest is just seeing whats happening on any stage.
Maccain09
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:35:49 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/12/2009
Posts: 831
Points: -1,814
Location: Palmerston,
Aunty, you will be pleased to know that some folk are lobbying the local council to have these goons removed from the gates, sounds like you were set up to me... there is some lively debate on the thread entitled site safety, some interesting pro facist views.

regardless.

you hit the nail on the head with the reggaee comments. damien anyday of the week. saying that Ziggy is polished as all hell, and will be better than anyone they put him head to head with. I wont be missing him i supposed
eileenk9
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:40:33 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 1,124
Points: -3,367
Well it says 4th Announcement and not Final Announcement so to me that means there is more to come. :)
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:08:11 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,631
Points: 2,248
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches
Maccain09 wrote:
Aunty, you will be pleased to know that some folk are lobbying the local council to have these goons removed from the gates, sounds like you were set up to me... there is some lively debate on the thread entitled site safety, some interesting pro facist views.

regardless.


Maccain, its the NSW Police Force that has these heroic little K9s, not the Council's Rangers as advised previously.
Sounds like Anty NOT Aunty can't take a hint, getting a "Get Out Of Goal Free" card one day to push his luck too far the next.
90% of all the annoying chatter in the tents comes from dope fiends, no tolerance, no prisoners I say.
G'day
Your resident facist


*******************************

Culpam Poena Premit Comes

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
glenboss
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:39:13 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/9/2011
Posts: 628
Points: -2,389
There has to be another announcemnt. There are not enough acts to fill the five days (in my opinion) and they did leave the last announcment till March last year. About 5-6 weeks before showtime. I reckon another 15-20 maybe and I also think there will be quality acts announced
comanche
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:22:58 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2011
Posts: 50
Points: 53
There has to be, because David Gilmour still hasn't been announced....
freexone
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:04:30 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/16/2011
Posts: 227
Points: -31,935
Location: Everywhere and nowhere...
greybeard wrote:
Maccain09 wrote:
Aunty, you will be pleased to know that some folk are lobbying the local council to have these goons removed from the gates, sounds like you were set up to me... there is some lively debate on the thread entitled site safety, some interesting pro facist views.

regardless.


Maccain, its the NSW Police Force that has these heroic little K9s, not the Council's Rangers as advised previously.
Sounds like Anty NOT Aunty can't take a hint, getting a "Get Out Of Goal Free" card one day to push his luck too far the next.
90% of all the annoying chatter in the tents comes from dope fiends, no tolerance, no prisoners I say.
G'day
Your resident facist


*******************************

Culpam Poena Premit Comes

Can't have been very good weed if they were capable of chattering..
Most prefer it when their shitfaced and words become subliminal.
c0kebloke
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:56:03 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 917
Points: -4,436
Location: Struggletown
not the pot that was the problem @ pillfest 09 but the yipeee beans.


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
nickfromsydney
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:05:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/27/2010
Posts: 45
Points: -70
oh man, if Ray Davies is on the bill again my face will explode.

The year Ray Davies and John Fogerty played was up there as my favourite Bluesfest.

If it happens again I just might not be able to cope with life afterwards.
regards
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:03:52 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/20/2009
Posts: 609
Points: 643
nickfromsydney wrote:
oh man, if Ray Davies is on the bill again my face will explode.

The year Ray Davies and John Fogerty played was up there as my favourite Bluesfest.

If it happens again I just might not be able to cope with life afterwards.


I saw Ray Davies a couple of months back at Voodoo fest and I enjoyed the show more than I did his one at Byron a few years back.
Stony27
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49:17 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/27/2010
Posts: 10
Points: 30
I heard on local radio station in Central Qld that Steve Miller is scheduled to play Bluesfest..and 10CC are touring again...
ianandhelena
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 4:44:34 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 150
Points: -954
10CC are not playing Bluesfest, they are playing in Byron on 22 March at the Great Northern.
ScottM
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 9:54:00 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 862
Points: 2,424
Location: Down Home
Whatever names are to follow, I think that they'll be "filler" (which is to comment on their status, not so much their quality). No room at the top of the card and announcing headliners so close to the actual festival seems like a bad policy. Even John Fogerty was really late, all considered. Big time and money commitment to go to the fest, and 9 or so weeks out, it would be hard to do any more to sway people into making that commitment.
comanche
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:45:05 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/26/2011
Posts: 50
Points: 53
Hopefully Nathan Cavaleri is announced again. Really enjoyed Nat Col and the Kings. Good hard-rocking stomp blues with some very tasty guitar licks and awesome drumming.
ryangb
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:24:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/26/2011
Posts: 124
Points: 187
Agree with Comanche. Would love to see them back
mgwfall
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:31:53 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/6/2009
Posts: 592
Points: -474
glenboss wrote:
There has to be another announcemnt. There are not enough acts to fill the five days (in my opinion) and they did leave the last announcment till March last year. About 5-6 weeks before showtime. I reckon another 15-20 maybe and I also think there will be quality acts announced


Bluesfest ad in smh spectrum on the weekend did say more artist announcements to come
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.183 seconds.