Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Positive Comments Are More Effective Than Negative Comments Options
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:16:46 PM
Groups: Member

There were only three posters banned or suspended from posting on the previous forum.

Obviously not CharlieBear as she is a nice young lady and is Dan's friend.

And CharlieBear was just a little risque,leading to a suspension for a week rather than a ban.

Clearly not Deebee as he is a Jazz N Funk musican and has defined musical tastes.

So must be Taximite banned by Peter Noble in February 2008 for making expressive negative remarks about the 2008 Festival lineup.

Why then did he and his 25 mates attend the 2008 Festival which was attacked so negatively ?

Why therefore would there be any chance of any of the 26 of them attending Bluesfest 2009 ?

Peter Noble told Taximite to "Find Another Festival" when he was banned in 2008.

Peter Noble described the language used as "Filthy" in two posts.

This was on the thread "Map Out Now ?'' which is on page four of the General Discussion section of the archived forum.

You Scot 20 58 AKA Taximite instigated/opened that thread and made the derogatory post which was the catalyst to your being banned.

I warned you of forum policy,yet you took absolutely no notice of what I said,but proceeded to make another post along the same template.

You Scot 20 58 are the Fool.

Foolish enough to be banned once,and foolish enough to now admit you have been banned previously.

The Dunce's hat is yours to wear.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
HowlinBindog
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:25:23 PM
Groups: Guest

Dan actually met CharlieBear!!

Woh...
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:02:02 PM

wow man you r a hot head! im chuffed you went to the trouble....

im entitled to my opinion like maccain1 said you keep kissing butt and we will have this years idol winner headlining next year.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:45:49 PM

HowlinBindog wrote:
Dan actually met CharlieBear!!

Woh...

haha no sadly not. i wish!

The poster formerly known as Dan
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 1:13:55 AM

Well Skot 20 58 you will certainly not get what you want by slagging the Director.

I can tell you from experience that if you play Mr Nice Guy and give some positive comments,you have more chance of getting somewhere.

Here are some results from positive posting

Watermelon Slim & the Workers Blues with a Country Touch

Zappa Plays Zappa Jazz Improvisation

A Western Swing Band Hot Club Of Cowtown

A Slide Guitarist Sonny Landreth

A Soul/ R N B Band Soul'd

A Jazz/Swing Revival Band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

A Leading Country Artist/Songwriter Rodney Crowell

A Ska/Reggae Band Special Beat

A hot young Aussie Blues guitarist

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
curlyloc
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:20:56 AM

"Why then did he and his 25 mates attend the 2008 Festival which was attacked so negatively ?"

Good question....Skot?

Buddy Guy is without doubt the best guitar player alive.......the way he plays is beyond anyone. Amen
HowlinBindog
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:53:01 AM
Groups: Guest

I think he and McCain are back hiding under the bridge

I wonder how much the toll is these days?
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:42:06 PM

nice photos man! yeah i was heavy handed now i look at it but i guess i was expecting more...

And as for hiding im still here i just dont spend every waking moment on msg boards.

did you get to meet all those people and talk to them??

Dear Skot,
skot20_58
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:45:02 PM

curlyloc wrote:
"Why then did he and his 25 mates attend the 2008 Festival which was attacked so negatively ?"

Good question....Skot?
i didnt attack the 08 fest mate i attacked red devil park for being so tiny and feeling like you where a sardine. belongil was great and so was the festival i filled out a survey last year praysing it highly exelent at every moment.

I think ive come off sounding a little stonger then intended. thats what happens when you cant hear my voice physicly saying the things i have written.

Dear Skot,
samk26
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:46:39 AM

Hey Skot, dont be so quick to lay down... Alot of people on here think that their style of music is the BEST and if you dont like it then you don't know anything and shouldnt have an opinion. Forum is about healthy debate and if you believe strongly in something you should stand up for it! (even if you may have been harsh about it) I once read on here that someone judged someone else by saying they dont have sophisticated musical taste, when blues music is probably the most basic form of music out there... afterall theres not much to 12 bars and 6 strings. Some of the most sophisticated musicans and producers i know work in 'commercial bands' so you can't judge someone on what style of music they like.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:26:02 AM

Good question Curlyloc.

I'm a believer in putting things in writing rather than verbally,as unless you have it written down,you might leave something out.

The answers of course lie in the 2008 Thread I mentioned,with the evidence being clearly available to the casual viewer.

As I detail in the thread Skot formerly Taximite,the issues you raised were as follows......:

AAA

The excessive crowds at Bluesfest 2007

BBB

The perceived long distance to be walked between venues at Bluesfest 2008

CCC

The allegation that additional profit was the only motive for the change of venue.

I think you came off stronger than intended because you were fresh to posting on a forum which is a little more refined in its clientele than some.

Your only previous post was on 13/02/08,where you created a thread titled "vip tickets",and posed the question....."What Does That Give U ? Is it worth the $80 ?''

You received no replies.

Peter Noble does not alienate posters for trivial reasons.

Mr Bindog once made the pertinent comment "Think Before You Post"

Hopefully we can move on in harmony for the future.

oldbilly1
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:01:13 PM

samk26 wrote:
Hey Skot, dont be so quick to lay down... Alot of people on here think that their style of music is the BEST and if you dont like it then you don't know anything and shouldnt have an opinion. Forum is about healthy debate and if you believe strongly in something you should stand up for it! (even if you may have been harsh about it) I once read on here that someone judged someone else by saying they dont have sophisticated musical taste, when blues music is probably the most basic form of music out there... afterall theres not much to 12 bars and 6 strings. Some of the most sophisticated musicans and producers i know work in 'commercial bands' so you can't judge someone on what style of music they like.

Sam, I think you make an excellent point about how forums are a great venue for divergent points of view and healthy debate.

In this spirit...

Despite the fact that 12 bar progressions and guitars are pretty popular in the blues field, I would dispute the fact that the Blues is the most basic form of music out there. A first basic fact to consider is that you can't define the genre by limiting it to guitar based music. A second point would be that, in listening to many blues performers, it would prove hard to draw a line between what is blues and what is jazz, a commonly accepted 'sophisticated' genre. A good case for this point off the top of my head was Taj Mahal's work with his trio line-up from a few fests back - impeccable playing and interplay, improvisation, nuance and feel. A third point to consider would be that the basic or simple can be deceptive in its complexity. The late great John Lee Hooker is an excellent example. His base repetoire could be defined by a couple of keys, a few song structures and some basic beats. To describe him as primitive or basic, however, would be to miss the richness of his improvisation, the precision in his rhythmic playing and the man's incredible ability to channel feel into what he was doing. Plenty of other points to make, but in sharing these ones, I am not saying that you don't now anything or that you shouldn't have an opinion, just that it might be worthwhile exploring a little deeper what the blues has to offer.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:48:50 AM

So Samk26 you are recommending that Scot20 58 keeps on breaking the law and being put in the Big House.

Having an opinion about music is somewhat different than attacking the festival itself.

He has reformed so why should he want another term inside ?

I await some examples of ''People On Here" who think that their style of music is BEST,and what style of music that is that they think is BEST.

Finally I await the presentation of your evidence to support your statement that the Blues is not sophisticated music,giving some specific examples of non sophisticated Blues musicans rather than just making a generalised comment that they lack sophistication.

finleym
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 6:02:48 PM

I await some examples of ''People On Here" who think that their style of music is BEST,and what style of music that is that they think is BEST.

I think that be me Lone Ranger. I'm always telling the mrs that my i-pod playlist is the BEST.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans
samk26
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 9:46:48 PM

Haha i knew it!! All you blues fans would be quick to reply.... I'm not a hater of blues (and i never said its not sophisticated) but i'm just saying you can't really bag someone about sophistication when its not the most complex of styles.... its a stupid argument. No musical style has more 'sophistication' than any other. It was more a passing comment to boost my case than something i was willing to back up with hard evidence. (although im not sure there is any hard evidence or fact when it comes to judging musical taste?)

I must admit i'm not all that familiar with Skot 20's previous criminal forum history, i just hope conformity wasn't a condition of bail. Me being in the 'slightly disappointed' group of this years fest, i think we could use another Skot to maybe rally our cause for a few more acts in the un-ben harper category. I think it may be a little too late for this year but next year we could be heard.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:13:11 PM

Samk26..................

On the thread "Can Anyone Tell Me''......Maccain 1 made the comment "Weakest Lineup in years-Where are The Blues Legends ? Everyone Falling Over The Director-Just Plain Silly-20th anniversary and no Buddy Guy "

The casual reader would logically conclude that he was a blues fan.

My thread mentioning sophistication was in answer to Maccain 1 and encompassed rather more than the Blues.

The numerous negative posts by yourself,Skot,Jack Finn and Maccain,have had a clear bias toward what is presented in Mojo.

It should be clear to you that the majority of the regular posters have wider musical interests than the blues.

If you follow historical posts,particularly on the old forum, by the likes of Pete and Billy,it will be an education process for you.

samk26
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 10:41:29 AM

Thanks Loneranger for the education tips....i'll be sure not to check it out.

First of all i don't know what your point is? I don't care if you people love blues music or not and i don't know why its all of a sudden about blues? My point in past comments was that people should be able to debate whatever they like.... and not be judged on what music they like or whether they thought there were too many people or too much space or whatever.

To be honest i think your posts come across as arrogant and also quite negative! If you want an education process maybe start by not bullying people on here and nit picking on every comment.

I think it's great you love Wayne Hancock and the Brokeback Mountaineers but that doesnt mean everyone else should also..... For the record i don't go to Bluesfest for the Mojo tent. If you have read my comments i'm not a fan of most of those performers.

Call me ungrateful or whatever but i think i'm entitled to say i am a little disappointed by the line up this year....If you want something to do you can find all the other people who have also said this and hound them about it.... maybe start a post about someones previous forum history............ cause thats in the spirit of bluesfest isnt it Loneranger?

I've concluded that if you don't love everything about Bluesfest then you should probably not comment on this here communist forum- unless you're willing to be shot down in flames and 'educated'. I'm sure P Noble wouldn't want any feedback from the people keeping it alive anyway?

Anyways enjoy your Bluesfest Loneranger!
ScottM
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 11:13:56 AM

I think Patrick/Lone Ranger may have gotten a little away from the point you were making, however, his inital post (and the reaction of other "regulars" in other threads) wasn't so much attacking personal music preferences, but rather what had been a series of counterproductive posts about the lineup for one particular year out of 20.

You are well within your right to say that you are disappointed, much as everyone is well within their right to be surprised that you are disappointed. But there is little to be gained through continually re-expressing disappointment. Especially when foreign festivals (and even spectacular lineups in this country) have tended to create an unrealistically high expectation of what represents "value for money" when it comes to a festival ticket.

Long and the short of it is that yes, there is an established "style" to this board, but it also comes from people being realistic about the fact that this board is funded and maintained by the Festival owner, and it isn't exactly good manners to engage in non-constructive criticism. God forbid this board ever descends into a similar state as the Big Day Out forum.......

skot20_58
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:08:07 PM

this is still going! hahahaha!

Get over it and move on so im a cry baby with an opinion who cares.

See you all sunday at cross roads it looks the best day so i was told hahaha.

Patrick lets see if you can try and not reply to this??

Dear Skot,
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:57:23 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
this is still going! hahahaha!

Get over it and move on so im a cry baby with an opinion who cares.

See you all sunday at cross roads it looks the best day so i was told hahaha.

Patrick lets see if you can try and not reply to this??

Hey Skot I liked your cry baby comment so I had to borrow it for a recent post.