Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Roots - What the hell? Options
finleym
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:50:46 PM

Groups: Member

Anyone else feeling a bit odd about the great and amazing Roots deciding to become the house band for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon? Will they never tour again? This is very strange and tragic - but that said I think they are now officially the best house band in the history of television.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans
richo
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:52:59 PM
Groups: Member

Caught the first episode last night on Foxtel. Interesting choice of a band and definitely incredibly talented musicians, but seemed underutilised -- the theme song is pretty ordinary for one.

Anyway I read that they're already underway with a new album and have already planned extensive touring for four scheduled break weeks on Late Night. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Fri/Sun/Mon night shows slotted in where they can along the East Coast. Somehow I can't see the arrangement being long-term... surely the benefit in terms of increased exposure for both the show and band will eventually get to a point where the band can do much better financially on their own. That's of course if the show survives at all, which would probably depend on Fallon vastly improving as a host.