Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What A Week Options
ScottM
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 8:47:11 PM
Groups: Member

Started the week with a Keb' Mo'/Aaron Neville double bill. First time seeing Keb' with a full band, and he delivered. On straight up acoustic, I think Eric Bobb has him covered, but definitely an enjoyable soul element to the band format.

Aaron was maybe a little "adult contemporary" for my liking, but brother Charles was absolutely brilliant on sax. I can't remember hearing such a smooth tone out of a saxaphone, but still with so much character to the playing. So that was a good start to the week.

Wednesday night came along, and with it, the one and only Hot Club of Cowtown. High expectations, given they would be in my top 10 Bluesfest sets of the 7 years I've been. It took them maybe a handful of songs to really click into gear, but then, as you'd expect, they didn't look back. Wonderful, wonderful stuff.

Monday coming sees the Alison Krauss gig I've been waiting about 7 years to finally catch. I'm sure that she and Union Station will deliver.

Then Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings on 23 November and Zappa plays Zappa on 29th

Point of all of this, aside from showing off, is that if all these acts are hitting London at the end of 2011, they may still be on the road come Easter 2012.....good luck everyone :-)