Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A timely reminder from forum admin Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:30:46 AM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
We have noticed recently on the forum posters who are not following our no1 rule.
Be Nice or leave.
And as a result, we have removed some postings - which have been less than friendly toward other posters.
Unfortunately, and given that a glass, or two of red wine was involved, whilst removing one of the posters remarks - a whole thread was mistakenly deleted - and is now somewhere beyond
salvaging, and returning to the forum - apologies to all the other posters who's message has been deleted in said thread

Still, although it is ok on the forum to express your likes - or dislikes - we will not tolerate abuse of either other forum posters - and/or abuse of artists... and you can be guaranteed if you abuse me - the moderator - you will be given a suspension from posting - which I euphemistically call a 'holiday', from the forum for a few days, or weeks depending on the transgression.
The other requirement is please keep the posts to music - or music related - even if that does draw a fairly long bow.
Of course there is a special area for those who cannot contain themselves to the above - it is called Testing... of which posters such as Greybeard excel within it's 'outer limits'.

So, as there are a whole lot of new members since the last announcement - please debate all you like - but be respectful - please - That is why this BBoard is so successful.
thanks for reading
Bboard moderator
sbetts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:07:52 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/24/2008
Posts: 50
Points: 1
fair enough :)
repete
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:42:08 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 974
Points: 3,049
sigh....reminiscing on the anarchic days of the original bored.
It should be known that is was none other than Reg who started the great chair debate on the original board back in 2001. I bear witness......lol

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:41:26 AM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
And bought back to the top

Thanks

moderator

Forum
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:35:28 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/9/2011
Posts: 592
Points: -2,224
bluesfestadmin wrote:
We have noticed recently on the forum posters who are not following our no1 rule.
Be Nice or leave.
And as a result, we have removed some postings - which have been less than friendly toward other posters.
Unfortunately, and given that a glass, or two of red wine was involved, whilst removing one of the posters remarks - a whole thread was mistakenly deleted - and is now somewhere beyond
salvaging, and returning to the forum - apologies to all the other posters who's message has been deleted in said thread

Still, although it is ok on the forum to express your likes - or dislikes - we will not tolerate abuse of either other forum posters - and/or abuse of artists... and you can be guaranteed if you abuse me - the moderator - you will be given a suspension from posting - which I euphemistically call a 'holiday', from the forum for a few days, or weeks depending on the transgression.
The other requirement is please keep the posts to music - or music related - even if that does draw a fairly long bow.
Of course there is a special area for those who cannot contain themselves to the above - it is called Testing... of which posters such as Greybeard excel within it's 'outer limits'.

So, as there are a whole lot of new members since the last announcement - please debate all you like - but be respectful - please - That is why this BBoard is so successful.
thanks for reading
Bboard moderator


You have no idea just how much pleasure I’ve had over the last 4 or 5 years from the forum. I read it everyday and thoroughly enjoy reading the comments from the other posters. Sure we’ve had some streaks of negativity and sure we’ve had posters bickering with each other but all in all those instances have been a tiny minority.
On a recent post “artists yet to be announced” I commented on the importance of what you do and thanked you for putting the time into doing it. I can’t find my entry because you’ve deleted it for some reason. At this stage though I completely withdraw my supportive comment of what you do as a moderator and my words of appreciation to you as a moderator. What you have introduced into the forum over the last week or so has been nothing short of terrible and is actually worse than what you are trying to eradicate. You deleted some of my posts last night for just questioning you. You’ve been petty and over sensitive. You seem determined to “rule the roost” and because you can delete every single comment that you do not like you will certainly succeed.
This post will not doubt be deleted instantly and I will no doubt be punished for saying what I have said. That will really hurt by the way because I do love my involvement in the forum. But as you delete this and possibly put me on a ban just ask yourself a simple question “He was such a staunch positive supporter of ours up to a few weeks ago, I wonder what changed ?”
And last but not least. I don’t think it’s a good look for Bluesfest for it’s moderator to be applogising for deleting threads because he/she has had a few !
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:36:56 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
The moderator post is dated November 2011.
As you can see the rules have not changed from that time to now.
Perhaps a little less red wine drinking whilst moderating now days is the only difference.
What we ARE attempting to do currently on the forum is to steer it back toward it's original intentions.
Recent posts from one or two regulars constantly criticised Bluesfest and carped on because for whatever reason they don't think this years bill is any good- one even went so far to criticise an artist who recently died.
Whilst criticism is allowed, if certain posters are going to take a shot at Bluesfest EVERY TIME they post, then they are no longer welcome. If said members want to start a crusade against Bluesfest - why not start an anti Bluesfest forum - ELSEWHERE.
Topics which descend into ongoing criticisms may be removed. Sometimes within that occurring good posts are also deleted.
I will posts future clips in the future artists 2015 column.
However, criticising the moderator for putting up clips of artists coming to Bluesfest is like - what do you think this forum is about.
And maybe THAT is a good question ?
This is a music forum - please feel free to enjoy it for what it is and to post accordingly

Thanks
Moderator
Forum
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:51:04 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/9/2011
Posts: 592
Points: -2,224
bluesfestadmin wrote:
The moderator post is dated November 2011.
As you can see the rules have not changed from that time to now.
Perhaps a little less red wine drinking whilst moderating now days is the only difference.
What we ARE attempting to do currently on the forum is to steer it back toward it's original intentions.
Recent posts from one or two regulars constantly criticised Bluesfest and carped on because for whatever reason they don't think this years bill is any good- one even went so far to criticise an artist who recently died.
Whilst criticism is allowed, if certain posters are going to take a shot at Bluesfest EVERY TIME they post, then they are no longer welcome. If said members want to start a crusade against Bluesfest - why not start an anti Bluesfest forum - ELSEWHERE.
Topics which descend into ongoing criticisms may be removed. Sometimes within that occurring good posts are also deleted.
I will posts future clips in the future artists 2015 column.
However, criticising the moderator for putting up clips of artists coming to Bluesfest is like - what do you think this forum is about.
And maybe THAT is a good question ?
This is a music forum - please feel free to enjoy it for what it is and to post accordingly

Thanks
Moderator
Forum


Well I owe you a big apology for criticizing you for a post done way before your time and I have no absolutely no reservations in giving it. I am sorry for my mistake and especially for the unfair criticism at the end. In my defence however this appeared as a continuation of what's been going on for the last week or so. I don't want to start a crusade against Bluesfest because I love everything about it. I wait all year for it. I agree with everything you've written above but I believe you should do what I do, and probably what nearly every other poster does, and that is to read those negative posts, that you and all of us know are from just a couple of posters, and move past them because we, like you, know that the line up's brilliant and that the coming Bluesfest is going to be just as good as any in the past. If these few posters want to call it bad, that's fine. I know, as probably just about everyone else on the forum does, that it's a wonderful line up and my excitement levels are already way up there for what's coming. I have just gotten more stressed with what's happened on this forum in the last few weeks than I have over the last 4 to 5 years or so.
I would also like to say thank you to you for choosing to answer my post rather than to just delete it. Mine might have been a cranky post but rest assured it's come from a very loyal Bluesfest fan. Regards Glen
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:20:33 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
At the risk of going around and round in circles.
And to answer Glen Boss - we and by that I mean me and the other staff at Bluesfest who read this forum know that it is just a few posters who seem to have it in for us this year.
We have literally taken the position of - give them enough rope - thinking they would get over it in time. However, when after a time, one certain poster had some level of complaint in EVERY post for weeks, I
finally said enough is enough. Currently that poster, who also posted around 20 messages throughout the night last night - all of which were intended to clog up the board is on a vacation from the Forum, as is one other one, who started to do the same thing today.
Combine those 2 with one other poster - who posted his opinion, breaking our rules, there are a total of 3 posters who are taking a one week suspension right now.
Should they continue with the same type of behaviour on their return - their next suspension will be for a much longer period.
All we are attempting to do here is keep the forum focussed on music.
We have always accepted criticisms and suggestions - and regularly act on them
However, we will not accept ongoing negative criticisms from the same poster or small group, crusades, people who think they should have a privilege or god given right to rant against Bluesfest. Perhaps past moderators have let a seemingly 'privileged' few get away with far too much.
I really don't want to be deleting posts, and am now hoping with the removal of the offending few......we can get on with it

Please - let's enjoy what the forum was created for - loving music

Thanks
Moderator
Forum
Space5279
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:31:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/18/2010
Posts: 713
Points: 467
Location: Melbourne
bluesfestadmin wrote:
Perhaps past moderators have let a seemingly 'privileged' few get away with far too much.

Forum


There's a new sherriff in town!!

Reminded me of this Welcome The New Sherriff sorry if this offends anyone!

All in jest folks.

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:47:36 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
All good

moderator
mpember
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:41:30 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/16/2008
Posts: 556
Points: -72
bluesfestadmin wrote:
Combine those 2 with one other poster - who posted his opinion, breaking our rules


Just so we are clear, is it now a rule that no post may offer an opinion? Wouldn't that rule out every "hey, check out X, they would be great at BF" thread?
glenboss
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:49:16 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/9/2011
Posts: 592
Points: -2,224
Yes time to move on. I'm past it. Thank you for responding moderator. I appreciated that and I can see the other side of the coin a bit better now. I'll be glad when this whole thread is a distant memory. Bluesfest is in 72 days time. I love Bluesfest and everything about it because it brings me pleasure and all I want to do now is get into the serious business of working out what music I'm going to enjoy.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:58:42 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 675
Points: -1,493
Hey MP - why don't you try it out for yourself.
Put a post up about music - see what happens

AAAArrrggghhh

Moderator
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:37:45 AM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/23/2011
Posts: 895
Points: -4,438
Location: Struggletown
Until morale improves,the beatings will continue. http://youtu.be/4OPK5PfunNQ


They got the cocaine, oxycontin, mushrooms, marijuana
Vodka, plastic pop-off, twist one off
Yesterday I smoked, today I don't
Yeah, yeah, yeah


The Ike Reilly Assassination:Valentine's Day In Juárez
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.189 seconds.