Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Playing schedule now available Options
jaylee
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:48:00 PM
Groups: Member

Get those highlighters out! I have some very serious decision making over the next few weeks, most of which will most likely change on the day

Thank you Mr Noble for yet again bringing together an eclectic bunch of musos for 5 days of sheer bliss
littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:31:24 PM

A big thanks to Mr Noble for giving Lucinda 2 sets, we've waited a long time for this.

Might even get to see Benny H this year seeing how he's pencilled in for 2 sets as well.

Lots of fine local talent on show too which is good to see.

All in all a great line up .
dtucker
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:12:52 PM

right on willie,

the complete line up may not have as many big names as other years but Lucinda is playing (twice!!!) so it will be the best bluesfest ever.
mpember
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 12:12:38 AM

When will someone at BF HQ realise that the time table layout is useless for people planing their daily movements.

Just open any TV guide and you can scan your eye across the page and see what is on and which channel it is on. You don't need to do any mental rearrangement of the info.

In previous years, I have been able to cut 'n' paste the table into another program and recreate a readable schedule. This year, someone has opted to embedding the table as a graphic. This removes any chance of stripping the information out of the PDF.

Am I the only one who thinks that the schedule could be better designed?
gerardf
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:45:11 AM

mpember wrote:
When will someone at BF HQ realise that the time table layout is useless for people planing their daily movements.

Just open any TV guide and you can scan your eye across the page and see what is on and which channel it is on. You don't need to do any mental rearrangement of the info.

In previous years, I have been able to cut 'n' paste the table into another program and recreate a readable schedule. This year, someone has opted to embedding the table as a graphic. This removes any chance of stripping the information out of the PDF.

Am I the only one who thinks that the schedule could be better designed?

I agree that it could be better designed but you can still copy and paste each days schedule by stage. It just takes a little longer to do this year. I've been making up my own schedule in a TV guide style every year.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 4:49:17 PM

When you get to Bluesfest you will obtain either a Rhythms Magazine and/or a little booklet with the daily playing schedules.

Apart from that it is fun getting an old fashioned pen and paper out to construct your own schedule from the raw data.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
mpember
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 5:42:19 PM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
Apart from that it is fun getting an old fashioned pen and paper out to construct your own schedule from the raw data.

I can just imagine the production meeting:

New staffer:
I'm putting together the schedule for download. Why is it being done this way?

Experienced staffer:
We like to offer our patrons the joy of reconstructing it using a pen and paper.

New staffer:
OK.

New staffer backs away slowly, avoiding eye contact and maintaining an awkward smaile.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 6:17:24 PM

On Friday,I asked our computer Guru how to solve the ongoing problem of my going into a website,trying to print something wide,and ending up with about 60% of it width wise coming out of the printer.

He showed me how to use the functions called Print Preview and Page Setup.

So hopefully I can now do it myself.

You know how to put lines under things,and how to "Copy" other poster's comments.

I haven't quite reached that level.

Your problem of not being able to obtain a Schedule of performance times,I considered would surely be beyond my capabilities.

But to my amazement,I managed to push the right button on the Bluesfest website,and my el cheapo printer which keeps on breaking down,has produced an A4 size complete playing schedule.

It has all six stages and every artist and every playing time.

How sophisticated.

Though I still like my handwritten one,as it highlights my points of interest.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
c0kebloke
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 7:16:18 PM
Groups: Guest

I do the following.

Open the pdf file for the schedule.

Choose Tools > Select & Zoom > Snapshot Tool.

Drag around the area you want to print.-each days playing schedule.

Right click & choose print
or
Acrobat copies the selected area to the clipboard.

Choose File > Print to print the selection.

I end up with a page a little larger than 1 third of the width & the full length of an A4 paper for each days schedule-large enough to read with ease but small eough to fold & carry.

Otherwise i print the whole page but the writing is rather small.

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:55:04 PM

And while I am a computer nerd,my wife had a break from being in the house and went to a computer course at the local polytech.

She is now the expert,and I have just managed to drag her away from her mother who she has just picked up from Dunedin airport.

I can advise that on the home computer she has downloaded a program called "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 .''

As an personal development exercise I put "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0" into Google,and there it is.

It can be downloaded for free.

Why it is free has me puzzled,but there must be a hook somewhere.

Once you have downloaded it,you can access the PDF file containing the Bluesfest Schedule,open it,and print it off.

I have to admit I don't think I have ever actually downloaded anything,but that's probably a good thing.

I bet Fairs,her brother the "hacker" and Sydney DMB Fan have got it sussed.

That is youth for you.