Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Next announcement 09 Options
bermieborn
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:37:57 AM
Groups: Guest

I have just looked at the schedule and am fairly satisfied. There has been an inclusion that I did not know had been announced, the mighty fisbone- Rocked the house last time, very excited.
I have heard next announcement is due end of the week we will see about that? Fingers crossed it contains a few surprises, I have also heard there will not be any big announcements, by the look of the schedule I can't see where they would fit a big announcement.
The fest is only moments away in the grand scheme of things.
Cheers,
bermieborn
phelan1973
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:38:22 PM
Groups: Guest

Fishbone would be amazing! I haven't heard that name in nearly 20 years.

Kasey Chambers & hubby would be good to see too. I loved their album.

Is Charlie Parr playing?
Dan...
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:18:00 PM
Groups: Member

nah charlie is getting here a little too late for bluesfest. he'll be playing the west coast one.

i'm absolutely gutted that solomon burke and toots and the maytalls aren't on the bill. goddamn this financial crisis.

The poster formerly known as Dan
richo
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:48:30 PM

Yeah Solomon Burke and Toots' exclusion has me a tad disappointed, mostly because I thought they where pretty much guaranteed. Would be interested to know what went down with those mystery artist profiles.

All in all a solid lineup, but unquestionably the most low-key it's been in years. Looking through the daily schedules though I'm salivating at some of those afternoons/evenings of music at Crossroads and Jambalaya.
waz
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:17:56 PM

The playing schedule's all looking pretty complete there aren't any hole's, I guess this could mean no more acts to be announced!
Dan...
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:27:17 PM

richo wrote:
Yeah Solomon Burke and Toots' exclusion has me a tad disappointed, mostly because I thought they where pretty much guaranteed. Would be interested to know what went down with those mystery artist profiles.

All in all a solid lineup, but unquestionably the most low-key it's been in years. Looking through the daily schedules though I'm salivating at some of those afternoons/evenings of music at Crossroads and Jambalaya.

at the risk of being subjected to a flaming from all and sundry - it's definitely the weakest bill in years.

but while it may be a tired excuse right now - these are tough economic times so with that in mind i think mr noble has presented a very interesting spread of acts of considerable quality. we must also remember that it is now mr noble's festival, meaning no chugg dollars to back it up.

truthfully, i'm disappointed in the line up (particularly given how amazing it was last year). but at the same time i really must commend the team on facing up to adversity and still ensuring we will have an amazing weekend.

The poster formerly known as Dan
repete
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:54:21 PM

Dan... wrote:
richo wrote:

at the risk of being subjected to a flaming from all and sundry - it's definitely the weakest bill in years.

but while it may be a tired excuse right now - these are tough economic times so with that in mind i think mr noble has presented a very interesting spread of acts of considerable quality. we must also remember that it is now mr noble's festival, meaning no chugg dollars to back it up.

truthfully, i'm disappointed in the line up (particularly given how amazing it was last year). but at the same time i really must commend the team on facing up to adversity and still ensuring we will have an amazing weekend.

Bit of a tough call Dan! Sure, the exclusion of Toots and Solomon is a big disappointment (interesting to note that Toots has also dropped off the jazzfest bill) but looking at the lineup, and from the point of view of my music tastes, I still see potential clashes all around. It may not be as strong as the '04 and '08 bills, but aside from those, I would rate it as stronger than any other bill in the last 10 years. To my mind, one of the great attractions is the number of really good artists who have never played bluesfest before (and what a great little selection from Louisiana!!) along with some quality old friends. I'd certainly be excited about going if I was in the country.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen