Groups: Member

*picks jaw up off ground*

*pinches self*

*books accommodation*

The poster formerly known as Dan
Dan...
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:16:11 PM

(Should stress that I'm a bit more excited about Tower of Power, Booker T, Allen Toussaint, Jon Cleary and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band than I am Empire Of The Sun TBQH)

The poster formerly known as Dan
greybeard
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:34:43 PM

Dan... wrote:
*picks jaw up off ground*

*pinches self*

*books accommodation*

Read Dan's first post, looked up the web , read first half of line-up and thought Dan a little over excited, Read Dan's second post and then read the rest of the Line-up. Talk about down playing your best assets

Quote:
1st Line-Up Announced Today!

Empire of the Sun, Missy Higgins and ICEHOUSE will headline a stellar line-up at this year’s Caloundra Music Festival at Kings Beach, 7 to 9 October 2011.

Little Red, Bluejuice, Baby Animals, Thirsty Merc, The Jezabels, Tex Perkins, Diesel and Richard Clapton also head up a who’s who of the Australian Music Industry at the annual festival of ‘sun, surf and soul’.

Fans who have been wondering how the festival would match last year’s performance by Powderfinger can now stop guessing.

Festival Director Richie Eyles said that this year’s festival has something for everyone.

“There are big names that will appeal to both the young and young at heart,” he said.

“A couple of acts making long awaited returns to the stage and a few up and coming stars as well as an awesome line-up of quality internationals.”

Well known international act ICEHOUSE said they were extremely flattered to be asked to appear at the Festival.

“Having played only very few shows over the past few years, to be included in such a great lineup of talent is an honour and a privilege,” Iva Davies said.

“We're looking forward to getting there and performing the songs which our fans and friends have made hits - plenty for everyone to sing along to."

International acts performing at the festival include Tower of Power, Booker T, Allen Toussaint, Jon Cleary and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

“These acts are absolute legends in their fields of soul, blues, jazz, funk and R&B, and are a real coup for the festival. Tower of Power, for instance have never performed in Australia before, and Caloundra will be their only Australian performance,” Eyles said.

Tickets go on sale on 4 July from 9am. A limited number of early bird tickets will be available online at caloundramusicfestival.com. Tickets will start at $88/day or $169/season for an adult or $127/$66 concession. Tickets for kids under 12 are $8. (Plus booking fees)

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:55:36 PM

Dan needs to replace their existing journalist with himself.

Let's get the balance correct.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
youngbill
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 3:33:05 PM
Groups: Guest

Yow! I was one of a very few trainspotters braving near cyclonic weather for the band o gold and jon cleary sets to start one of the days last year.

Shortly after this the ampitheatre was abandoned with festivities moving into the pub. It looks even more enticing this time around.

Dan, don't forget to catch clappers and diesel as well! Just sayin'.
repete
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 3:38:51 PM

Dan... wrote:
(Should stress that I'm a bit more excited about Tower of Power, Booker T, Allen Toussaint, Jon Cleary and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band than I am Empire Of The Sun TBQH)

OMFG !!!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
youngbill
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 5:19:57 PM

I know, richard clapton and diesel! Where's my credit card?
hipgrave
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:40:49 PM

Every year, shortly after Easter I send Peter Noble an email saying:

Dear Peter, Thks once again for a great festival. As usual we had a ball, but ...please ...next year, can you get Allen Toussaint?

And now, at last, someone is listening!
glenhay
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:12:15 PM

Should be good
Sharleen7
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:38:29 PM

We have secured our accom 10 minutes walk from the festival... now just waiting for the tickets to go on sale! Ripper line-up!

EXCESS in Moderation
youngbill
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 2:54:28 PM

Good golly miss molly!

Happy campers amongst us may be interested to know last year I stayed at the hibiscus caravan park. According to the fest site it's the closest camping to the festival. A shuttle bus ran from around the corner, about 2km less than 10min ride. Handy.

I was getting a bit excited about Caloundra, I am now starting to foam after looking at the dates below en masse. Will we ever see another run of these artists togehter in this country together at the same time? I think not!

Still some gaps in their schedules, you never know. I've gone for some double spacing for extra impact to get everyone a bit more excited still, works for me.

wed 28/9 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary Sydney Opera House

sat 1/10 - Booker T - Corner Melbourne

sat 1/10 - Allen Toussaint, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Red Hill Auditorium, Perth

sun 2/10 - Booker T - Narooma

thur 6/10 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Palace Theatre Melbourne

fri 7/10 - Booker T - Metro sydney

sat 8/10 - Tower of Power, Booker T, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Caloundra Music Festival

sun 9/10 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary, Tower of Power - Caloundra Music Festival

So maybe Melbourne, Narooma, then up the coast to Caloundra to round the trip off, hot dog!
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 8:48:32 PM

http://www.caloundramusicfestival.com/

Interesting that this is a not for profit festival,presumably underwritten by the local council.

I believe that this is the avenue the Great Southern Blues & Rockabilly festival should have run with,based on remaining in Narooma.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
greybeard
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 8:55:14 PM

AA) 91 clicks North of Brisbane

BB) suggest 3times1 down loads Firefox , problem free experience and it's free-ware at its finest.

Trolling away

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
repete
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 4:41:36 PM

youngbill wrote:
Good golly miss molly!

Happy campers amongst us may be interested to know last year I stayed at the hibiscus caravan park. According to the fest site it's the closest camping to the festival. A shuttle bus ran from around the corner, about 2km less than 10min ride. Handy.

I was getting a bit excited about Caloundra, I am now starting to foam after looking at the dates below en masse. Will we ever see another run of these artists togehter in this country together at the same time? I think not!

Still some gaps in their schedules, you never know. I've gone for some double spacing for extra impact to get everyone a bit more excited still, works for me.

wed 28/9 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary Sydney Opera House

sat 1/10 - Booker T - Corner Melbourne

sat 1/10 - Allen Toussaint, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Red Hill Auditorium, Perth

sun 2/10 - Booker T - Narooma

thur 6/10 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Palace Theatre Melbourne

fri 7/10 - Booker T - Metro sydney

sat 8/10 - Tower of Power, Booker T, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary - Caloundra Music Festival

sun 9/10 - Allen Toussaint, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Jon Cleary, Tower of Power - Caloundra Music Festival

So maybe Melbourne, Narooma, then up the coast to Caloundra to round the trip off, hot dog!

Thanks for the schedule billyboy.... early October is going to be busy! I'm still pinching myself that Allen Toussaint is going to grace our shores....the Bach of New Orleans, one of the living greats. And the Dirty Dozen too to funk it up! Phew!!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen