Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:49:29 PM
Groups: Member

have a look at these images of Glastonbury and count your blessings

http://www.news.com.au/travel/galleries/gallery-e6frflw0-1226080390996?page=1

JT
colinsid
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:24:24 PM

Looks like there is no parking at the camp ground hence all the trolleys. Love the over dressed woman who took a normal wheeled suitcase & has talked a cop into dragging it through the mud for her.
You would have to be bloody keen that's all I can say.
Always28
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:56:30 PM

And the maximum temp in London today is 18 degrees...at least we get wet and warm not wet and bloody freezing!
ScottM
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:01:16 PM

Always28 wrote:
And the maximum temp in London today is 18 degrees...at least we get wet and warm not wet and bloody freezing!

Maybe I've been here too long, but 18 degrees is nice t-shirt weather
Midfielder
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:07:19 AM
Groups: Guest

One of the reason I am glad of the drink ban... story about Wayne Rooney a Man U player .... as you read try to forget the people involved as the Mirror did its tabloid best for story telling... and just think about how glad we don't have like in picture 5 & 15 of the opening thread...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wayne-Rooney-at-Glastonbury-Manchester-United-striker-embroiled-in-three-fights-inside-two-hours-article752916.html
richo
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:53:17 PM

I'll take the weather we had at Glastonbury this year over all but the driest Bluesfests we've had over the years. Tyagarah looked like this too by the end of the weekend this year despite pretty decent weather. 18 and raining to me is better than 30 and raining where your raincoat turns into a nice sweaty sauna.

The mud was thick in places but a pair of gumboots fixed that. And it took a day or two of sunshine to dry right up.

I bet the instances of drunken conduct was no higher than at any Australian festival where BYO alcohol is banned. And they're not gouging you on the prices at the bars like here.

That said it was a hell of an exhausting festival... you easily walk tens of kilometres in a day... and there are huge chunks of the festival I just wasn't able to see. Totally worth it though...

And toilets... I've seen things that make Bluesfest portaloos look like a sterile operating theatre. Every toilet would be blocked by the end of the night. By morning most would have logic-defying blockages that rise above the seat height.