Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A minor dissappointment Options
glenhay
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:39:04 PM
Groups: Member

Bluefest ran a competitoion for people who purchased tickets for Tuesday. Late last year I purchased three 5 day tickets with camping. People who spent much less than I did (for a 1 day ticket for Tuesday) were in the running for really brilliant prizes that included things like back stage tickets etc. I don't begrudge those people winning but I am of the opinion that perhaps Bluesfest could have run a parrallel competition for all of your other supporters. I for one would have loved to have known that I stood as much chance of winning a back stage ticket as anyone else supporting and enjoying Bluesfest. I realise that the competition was intended to motivate extra sales but aren't the people who had already purchased their tickets the ones that had probably alreadfy guaranteed Bluefest a successful festival. I don't want to sound like a whinger but I did want to give some feedback on this one issue (because I probably would have killed for one of these passes). With regard to my feedback on every other issue to do with Bluefest, the people who put this festival together have my eternal thanks for doing such a splendid job of giving me 5 days of pure pleasure. I'll be back next year for another 5 days of musical & festival bliss.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:47:50 PM

Would you really have done a life term for one of those tickets ?

I didn't know anything about the competition.

What was the statistical chance of winning a prize ?

When I take a ticket in a raffle,I view it as a charitable donation.

What is the difference between a backstage ticket and a VIP ticket ?

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
glenhay
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:57:06 PM

You must admit I did refer to it as a "minor" dissappointment and no, I doubt I would do a life term for one, but we're all allowed a few exagerations from time to time and yes, I'm exactly like you in that when I buy raffle tickets etc, I always do so as a "charitable donation" and I know that the chances of winning a next to nil, but isn't it nice to dream every now and then. The backstage ticket, I'm assuming, is a ticket that gets you out the back and gives you a chance to check it all out albeit with a chaperone and for a limited time. To repeat my exageratiomn, I'll kill for the chance to get back stage and see how it all works and watch the comings & goings. That would be brilliant. A VIP ticket doesn't get you back stage does it ? I actually asked to go in and have a look at the VIP area and it seems to me that it was just a nice place for a bit of time out if you needed it and that if you were a 1 day visitor I thought it would be money well spent. I was a 5 day camper which was even better. I watched the Eric Bibb concert and was on such a high after that concert that I went back to our tent, brewed a ciup of coffee, and just savoured the moment for a short while.
glenhay
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:03:05 PM

theloneranger. I just read how many posts you've done in this forum. 588 is a lot. What does the points mean?
pentatonic
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:29:31 PM
Groups: Guest

No one really knows how the points are calculated. It has something to do with Yngwie J Malmsteen I think.
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:43:59 PM

Lets bring yngwie to the fest next year id love to see him burn down the cross roads stage jingling his gold chains........

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:56:13 PM

The system differs from the previous forum.

The theoretical ratio seems to be that you get three bottom points for every post,but when the forum started and I did watch it,the system seemed to randomly wary from this.

I have made a lot more posts than 588,but some of them have been deducted.

Early on I ended up well in negative territory and it took a long time to get positive.

The system had me perplexed as to how it decided as to whether you were to get points awarded on the top or the bottom.

It seemed to be completely random.

So I have long since given up watching.

It just does what it does.

I think I went into negative territory due to getting involved in the odd controversial thread that was wiped from the board.

And that does not mean that I made a controversial post on the threads..I just posted.

Four things I have learned...

Do not slag the Bluesfest team.

Do not speculate about the weather in NNSW,and its possible effect on conditions at the festival...We all know it is a wet place.

Never delete a post.

Refrain from getting involved in controversial threads.

Follow those rules and you should stay positive.

I have to admit that I am unsure as to why Admin is in minus territory.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 3:32:35 PM
Groups: Administration

BBoard admin has asked the computer many times to advise us how they compute points - Strangely - they have never answered us

Bboard Admin
mgwfall
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 7:02:01 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
BBoard admin has asked the computer many times to advise us how they compute points - Strangely - they have never answered us

Bboard Admin

Wouldn't have thought Bluesfest Admin had a sense of humour......good to know they do!!

(that's probably going to mean MORE negative points....but will be worth it (as long as points don't affect ticket prices))
glenhay
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 10:53:11 PM

excuse my ignorance but I still have no idea what the points are for. I realise that we earn them, but what on earth do we do with them.
greybeard
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:34:22 AM

The "POINTS" are an ancient divine wisdom from Jñana Khaṇḍa or Knowledge Section of the Vedas
The master computer is in daily communion with the Great Shravan and POINTS are awarded and removed as directed
Progress to Nirvana can only be achieved by those whose posts are elaborate, factually ambiguous and volunteer as toilet attendants on at least three days of Bluefest
I'm afraid to read on is pointless

The compound “Hindu points” is ambiguous. Minimally it stands for a tradition of Indian philosophical thinking. However, it could be interpreted as designating one comprehensive philosophical doctrine, shared by all Hindu thinkers. The term “Hindu points” is often used loosely in this philosophical or doctrinal sense, but this usage is misleading. There is no single, comprehensive philosophical points doctrine shared by all Hindus that distinguishes their view from contrary philosophical views associated with other Indian religious movements such as Buddhism or Jainism on issues of epistemology, metaphysics, logic, ethics or cosmology. Hence, historians of Indian POINTS philosophy typically understand the term “Hindu POINTS philosophy” as standing for the collection of philosophical views that share a textual connection to certain core Hindu religious texts (the Vedas), and they do not identify “Hindu POINTS philosophy” with a particular comprehensive philosophical doctrine.

Hindu philosophyPOINTS, thus understood, not only includes the philosophical doctrines present in Hindu texts of primary and secondary religious importance, but also the systematic philosophies of the Hindu schools: Nyāya, Vaiśeṣika, Sāṅkhya, Yoga, Pūrvamīmāṃsā and Vedānta. In total, Hindu philosophy has made a sizable contribution to the history of Indian philosophy and its role has been far from static: Hindu philosophy was influenced by Buddhist and Jain philosophies, and in turn Hindu philosophy influenced Buddhist philosophy in India in its later stages. In recent times, Hindu philosophy evolved into what some scholars call “Neo-Hinduism,” which can be understood as an Indian response to the perceived sectarianism and scientism of the West. Hindu POINTS philosophy thus has a long history, stretching back from the second millennia B.C.E. to the present.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
glenhay
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:04:45 PM

Mmmm. I now feel somehow... calm. Thank you grey one
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:02:25 PM

Every forum needs a Maharishi.

waffles
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:33:22 PM

i think i got a call from vedanta the other night.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.