Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Misleading Options
skot20_58
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 5:17:08 PM
Groups: Member

Why was ben harper listed playing with relentless7 When he played with the innocent criminals? Had i known this i would have gone to see him, but thinking he was playing with relentless7 i didnt bother. I feel let down once again by blues fest.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
charliebear
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 10:20:41 PM

he wasnt very good, we went a bit country on us

I eat veggies, i eat veggies, they taste good! =)
Dan...
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 2:56:35 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Why was ben harper listed playing with relentless7 When he played with the innocent criminals? Had i known this i would have gone to see him, but thinking he was playing with relentless7 i didnt bother. I feel let down once again by blues fest.

it was a surprise for the 'true believers', i guess. too bad.

The poster formerly known as Dan
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 3:47:49 PM

So that is why JohnnyMac and the tribe of Aucklanders enjoyed it.

Clearly they had undertaken due diligence and had inside knowledge of who would be on stage.

I would have still stuck with my same time frame choices of Ray Beadle and The Bamboos in Juke Joint.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
richo
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 6:11:18 PM

I was walking past Mojo about to give Ben Harper a quick look so I could dismiss it as I had Relentless7 so many times before. It's not that they were a bad band, but they definitely brought mediocrity out of Ben, and I'd given them about 6 chances to prove themselves.

When we noticed Juan on bass and then Leon on percussion on the screen at the back we picked up our pace and enjoyed a tops 90 minute set of his back catalogue.
Maccain09
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:53:37 AM

I strolled out after 5 mins to watch the reggae acts - was disappointed by the fact they all used the same backing band, last time luciano came he had a much tighter band / I'm sure they were local session musicians last time- bring on bunny wailer / Damien Marley next yr, Bunny will be the 2012 George Clinton. If Hugh Lawrie gets a gig next year it's only a matter of time till we see Brian McFadden play the fest ...
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:09:21 AM

Maccain09 wrote:
If Hugh Lawrie gets a gig next year it's only a matter of time till we see Brian McFadden play the fest ...

Oh MacCain ~ Brian Mcfadden !!!...if only we could engineer a reconciliation with Delta, we could have our very own Royal Wedding in MOJO
My heart is skipping and my head is in spin. Hugh could do the blood tests to ensure the little Del-dens will be healthy
No Idea are certs to sponsor the whole shebang.
Definitely a No Cameras allowed event

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
skot20_58
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:07:58 PM

I read that ben harper asked to be billed as just ben harper not relentless7 in the courier mail today. Damn shame, bit wierd they got that muddled up though????

Dear Skot,
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:37:38 AM
Groups: Administration

For all those Ben Harper tragics who wonder what actually hapened - one of the members of Relentless7 had a health scare on the eve of departure for Australia, AND,
in a flash the members of the Innocent Criminals - who had not played with BH for 3 years, volunteered to come on down and sit in and cover.
What we all got was the reunion performance of the Innocent Criminals - and judging by the back stage party/celebration - which went until 4am - it look's like the reformation will not be a one off.
Which is alright with me.
Peter Noble
Festival Director
skot20_58
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 4:24:13 PM

good times ahead....

Dear Skot,