Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

RIP Dutch Tilders Options
youngbill
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:27:39 PM
Groups: Guest

The funeral service for Matthew (Dutch) Tilders will be held at Mitcham Baptist Church, 8-12 Simla Street, Mitcham on Tuesday May 3rd.

Parking at the venue or Mitcham Station. No flowers please. In lieu, Envelope donations to Peter Mac, Box Hill.

The wake will be at the Manhattan Hotel directly after. BYO Instruments.
Paladin
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:35:18 PM
Groups: Member

Saw great dedications from Ash and Jeff Lang. Langy had Kevin Borich come out on stage and they gave him a two guitar salute.

His wake should be a send off for the ages, deservedly so.

R.I.P Dutchy.
ScottM
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:59:59 PM

Damn shame to have lost Dutch. Glad that there were some tributes paid at the fest.
youngbill
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:20:02 PM
Groups: Guest

Not sure if I've posted about this already but some things bear repeating don't they.

I made the trek to Murwullimbah to see what turned out to be the last show of his last run in northern new south wales.

There was a huge turnout, Dutch was in really good form considering it was late january maybe.

I ended up staying a couple of motel rooms down from him. For some reason I woke up in the morning with a furious hangover to kick off my two day drive home. I've always been a good forward planner.

As I left he was sitting outside his room in the sunshine enjoying a good morning cigarette. I felt cowardly for not going over to say thanks.

I was a big fan at school, any non believers need only go for a copy of Direct for evidence. This was recorded live in the studio direct to a master cutting disc. So there's no master tape, no remixing.
One side is one take, the other side is another take. One album in two takes. Ridiculous.
He did en electric album with Kevin Borich the same way.

Paladin
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:30:56 AM

Thanks for the story yongbill. I had a little tear. Puts Kevin Borirch's appeRance with Jeff in context.
Just putting on "Dutch Tilders and The Blues Club Live" right now. It's got Geoff Achison as well.
Will be so missed.

They should rename the Juke Join stage the Dutchy Stage. Just like they name stands after players .