Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Tent Sizes Options
midfielder
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:06:06 AM
Groups: Guest

Does anyone know the under tent area of the tents and their length & width...
drwildare
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:22:41 PM
Groups: Member

Yeah nowhere near large enough anymore

The Dr is in the House
unused
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:48:41 PM

drwildare wrote:

The Dr is in the House

You're kidding yourself, the tent's were the biggest they've ever been.
drwildare
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:06:41 PM

otis_noble wrote:
drwildare wrote:

The Dr is in the House

You're kidding yourself, the tent's were the biggest they've ever been.

With all due respect. If they were the biggest they had ever been how come even with the changes with chairs was it impossible to get into the tents for acts like on monday Elvis Costello. Either the tents were not big enough or way to many tickets were sold. The choice on which it was is yours to make. I think it was a bit of both

The Dr is in the house
rexrose
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:47:11 PM

It don't matter how big the tent is if everyone wants to go to see the same act it aint goin to work. Go see someone else or get there early.
drwildare
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:18:24 PM

rexrose wrote:
It don't matter how big the tent is if everyone wants to go to see the same act it aint goin to work. Go see someone else or get there early.

Well how about arrving at Crossroads at 11 AM on Friday not being able to move or even leave the tent for 30 minutes after BB King. I admit chairs played part of the trouble but even without the chairs you would not have been able to move in Crossroads and I was their 9 and a half hours before BB Kings set.

The Dr is in the House

What would really be interesting would be to know the exact number of tickets sold for each day.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:45:35 PM

On Friday,I had a one hour massage at midday so had to miss Hat Fitz in Crossroads.

Then I watched.....

Nga Tae....Juke Joint
Bob Abbot & The Fabulous Green Machine....Juke Joint
Raul Malo......Crossroads
Louis King & the Liars Club....Apra
Trombone Shorty & New Orleans Avenue....Mojo
Ernest Ranglin....Juke Joint
Blind Boys of Alabama/Aaron Neville.....Crossroads
Toots & The Maytals.....Mojo
Fishbone.......Juke Joint

The Blind Boys/Aaron Neville gig was the only one on the day with a tent filling crowd,so I just stood at the back of the tent,which was fine with the screens.

If a person wanted to stake a place in a tent all day just to see BB King or Dylan,that is their personal choice.

That means there is alot more room for me in the other tents.

I like to move around,and favour the obscure.

I am not a lemming.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 8:49:04 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
On Friday,I had a one hour massage at midday so had to miss Hat Fitz in Crossroads.

Then I watched.....

Nga Tae....Juke Joint

The Blind Boys/Aaron Neville gig was the only one on the day with a tent filling crowd,so I just stood at the back of the tent,which was fine with the screens.

If a person wanted to stake a place in a tent all day just to see BB King or Dylan,that is their personal choice.

I am not a lemming.

Thats funny and creepy at the same time i saw exactly what you saw on the friday...... My worst fears are coming true im becoming patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me! : )

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
drwildare
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 9:02:59 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:

Then I watched.....

Nga Tae....Juke Joint

I am not a lemming.

I would have to disagree about being a lemming. I had seen toots the previous time so why see him when i hadnt seen BB it may have been a mistake but I was not being a lemming I had decided on the Friday what acts I wanted to see the vast majority were in Crossroads. So I wasnt staking a place in Crossroads just to see BB King. In fact if King had been playing in Mojo I probably would not have seen him. The real Question is why would anyway put Toots in Mojo and King in Crossroads when blind Freddy could have seen BB King would outdraw Toots.

I myself like to decide on a tent to be a base and then make excursions from my base camp.

The Dr is in the House
greybeard
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 9:19:13 AM

drwildare wrote:

I myself like to decide on a tent to be a base and then make excursions from my base camp.

The Dr is in the House

Blind Freddie can see just how much room Base Camps take up
I say keep the tents for Chairs and outside surrounds for those standing and BAN Base Camps totally.
Say NO to Doctors without Borders.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
drwildare
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 9:32:03 AM

greybeard wrote:
drwildare wrote:

The Dr is in the House

I say keep the tents for Chairs and outside surrounds for those standing and BAN Base Camps totally.

Greybeard, lol basecamps take up very little space if you have an Acme tm portable basecamp. As for Dr's without borders. I tried going into Border's once I could find anything I was looking for so I bought it online. I guess thats why borders went into liquidation us Dr's can be very fussy. I mean Borders didnt even serve Margaritas to me while I was looking. I still might not have bought anything there but it would have added to the experience. Oh you mean those Borders not the Bookshops. I took down the borders because boarders always cause conflicts.

Say no to to black and white beards and all shades of grey in between. This is the 21st Century all beards should be multicoloured.

The Dr is in the House

PS I would have put my house in one of the Tent's at Bluesfest but then their would have been a move to ban houses in the tents.

skot20_58
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:38:01 PM

drwildare wrote:
greybeard wrote:
drwildare wrote:

The Dr is in the House

Greybeard, lol basecamps take up very little space if you have an Acme tm portable basecamp. As for Dr's without borders. I tried going into Border's once I could find anything I was looking for so I bought it online. I guess thats why borders went into liquidation us Dr's can be very fussy. I mean Borders didnt even serve Margaritas to me while I was looking. I still might not have bought anything there but it would have added to the experience. Oh you mean those Borders not the Bookshops. I took down the borders because boarders always cause conflicts.

Say no to to black and white beards and all shades of grey in between. This is the 21st Century all beards should be multicoloured.

The Dr is in the House

PS I would have put my house in one of the Tent's at Bluesfest but then their would have been a move to ban houses in the tents.

Base camps take up heaps of space. But its fun to move chairs around that people arent sitting in, and then watch them trying to find them when they return hahahaha.

P.S chairs only turn people off coming to blues fest, that was the attitude that i got when talking to people around the place. And people with out chairs out number people with. Maybe next year there will only be chairs at blues fest wink wink.

Dear Skot,
greybeard
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:15:05 PM

skot20_58 wrote:
Chair people are 250% happier than those who are chairless

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
skot20_58
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 5:14:25 PM

greybeard wrote:
skot20_58 wrote:
Chair people are 250% happier than those who are chairless

yep they are your right how come you arent running the festival? Infact you wana life coach me? you seem to have all the answers.

Dear Skot,
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 7:50:47 PM

skot20_58 wrote:

Thats funny and creepy at the same time i saw exactly what you saw on the friday...... My worst fears are coming true im becoming patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me! : )

So you used the ladies loo as well as Patrick?
Please tell me you were not both in there at the same time . . .now that would be creepy.
This bb seems to have become a haven for deviants ;)
c0kebloke
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 8:05:31 PM

greybeard wrote:

I say keep the tents for Chairs and outside surrounds for those standing

Great idea & while wer'e at it keep the smokers in the tent's with binyabuts supplied while the standers can stand outside to breath fresh air, unless of coure they want to duck inside for a quick ciggie .
unused
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 8:17:50 PM

Too put it into perspective, this year the Crossroads tent was last years Mojo tent and Mojo the biggest its ever been.
mpember
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:02:58 PM

I think next year we should all band together and make it simple for people who forget that they have left their chair unattended in a tent. How easier life would be for them if rather than searching through the crowds for their lone chair, they were able to easliy collect it from the lost and found tent. Sure, the lost and found tent may need to be bigger, but they have 11 months to source one. It is a small price to pay for making things easier for the poor souls who get distracted by the great bands appearing on the smaller stages and forget that they are already taking up space in Mojo / Crossroads.