Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

2011 Dissapointments Options
Thomas351
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:07:26 PM
Groups: Member

There has been plenty of comments on Dylans performance (I enjoyed it though) but what views on other artists shows.

For me Michael Franti was dissapointing, we left after 2.5 songs
John Legend - too commercial and up himself
Buffy Saint Marie - boring

Just my thoughts. Everyone has different tastes.
b.woodhouse
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:23:41 PM

I have now been to the blues festival 10 times and each time enjoyed it thoroughly this year though was slightly dissapointing for a few reasons. number one it always upsets me to see the disabled people struggling to get around your site through the mud with assistance ONLY by people passing and their good will helping them to their destination and as for their viewing spots when are you going to make them higher? as soon as people stand in front of them im sure they would be struggling to see!! point 2 what happened to the indigenous stage ?i have seen some of the best acts there the past few years!!! point 3 for such a big site why dont you expand a little like Belongil so you can enjoy the music you are listening to without the crossover from tents too close together . as for the line up i think you concentrate too much on getting Huge names which are sometimes extremely dissapointing not to mention BOB!!!!!!! were as bands such as bb blues and the shacks ,derek trucks and susan tetedesci they were out of this world Instead of being called the BOB fest what a joke !!what about Gurrumul ?he not only brought tears to my eyes but many around me what an amazing artist!!! It was wonderful to see the blind boys of alabama and eric bibb ALWAYS a highlight !and as for John legend he was OUT OF THIS WORLD .Myself along with many others this year i have spoken to felt their was no vibe..ilove the bluesfest and will continue to go just wanted to have my say. ps two more things what about a teenage ticket like woodford it is a huge expense for familys by the time they purchase tickets food etc i know many dissapointed teenagers who woul love to go but cant afford it!! and last but not least BRING BACK THE TOILET TRUCKS like you had at red devil park they were so much BETTER!!
burgermont
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:11:55 PM

I agree with you totally B.Woodhouse. You seem to really know what you are talking about. I have another issue with the Blues Fest and that is that there aren't enough cakes sold there. I believe there needs to be more cakes especially black forrest cakes and upside down cakes and banana cakes and cupcakes and chocolate mud cakes and sponge cakes and marble cakes and ice cream cakes etc etc etc. Oh and also tiramisu!!! This way people will have more fun.

P.S. BRING BACK THE TOILET TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
omichaelo
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:22:12 PM

More cakes will make the toilets work harder!!
brucesta
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:36:32 PM

Stuff ya munchie attacks with CAKES... we are in hippy heaven around Byron.... where was the FRUIT!!!!!!
MANAGEMENT TAKE NOTE....... Bananas! Mangoes! Dragonfruit! Paw Paw and his cous Papaya!...... man!!!! in between joints , ciggies, beer and whiskey I need the occasional health moment ok!!!!