Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

FUNNY BLUESFEST STORIES Options
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:39:25 AM
Groups: Member

alright enough wingeing,how about some funny bluesfest stories....
my son told me a girl he knew came through security at the gates and was given a full search-pockets,lift up jumper,check in sleeves,back pockets,empty bag-the works....but they didnt check the water bottle in her hand ...that was full of vodka.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
andymac82
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:47:18 PM

I got a pretty good spot for Bob Dylan and was waiting for an hour before the show.
Just before it started this guy and his girlfriend push in front of me, my girlfriend and my 3 other friends.
And just as the show begins they start extremely enthusiastically licking each others face and neck.
And they continued to do this while dancing and bumping into people....very distracting. Especially that they were right in the way of my view.
I didn't come all this way to see this guy get down with his gf.
A kind older man next to them asked them to stop as it was getting ridiculous. They didn't listen.
My friends and I were getting annoyed.
Then during "Highway 61" my girlfriend snapped, and got the other 2 girls and started dancing ferociously around them.
When I finally caught on to what they were doing, I joined in.
They can't lick face when they are getting shoved from left to right.
They got the message and moved on.
I love my girlfriend for that.
midfielder
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:54:31 PM
Groups: Guest

From the five day camp ... one night was walking back from the rest rooms ... when this massive guy ... very tall and carrying a couple of beer kegs around his middle...

Anyhow there is this one spot between two of the lanes no one is camped in and for good reason it was a bog ... this guy decided to take a short cut across the vacant camp site and half way across sinks to his knees in the mud ... somehow with help he gets out ... he then states its not the mud ... its not making a complete tool of myself in front of everybody.. its not my pants... I got on a $ 300.00 dollar pair of sneakers...

waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:19:52 PM

you had to love THE KEEPER OF THE BRIDGE-the woman who had the stop go sign between south parking and north parking.she reminded
me of MA KETTLE ,man did she have some attitude.i just kept wishing her a happy easter but she didnt seem to reply.

therealtkd
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:51:44 PM

We left last night and walked to our car in the north carpack. This guy was talking to a parking attendant. The attendant called out to his mate 'This guy parked his car at 6 o'clock. Where would his car be?', the other attendant replied 'Probably in the south carpark.' I don't know how long it took him to find his car :-)
nickfromsydney
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:44:03 PM

We left our accomm. run late and stayed in Suffolk this year...

Thursday night it seemed the security guys had no idea what was going on for the buses home... the first one told me the only way to Suffolk was to grab a cab, another guy told me to jump on the Lennox bus... after waiting in a few separate lines and getting shafted over and over we finally found the proper way home...

I think a lot of people got dicked around on that Thursday night because there seemed to be a lack of communication... anyhoo... some mates of mine ended up just sitting back, waiting, and they caught the last bus out of Bluesfest on Thursday night...

Apparently, when everyone was finally gone and the last bus was heading out, all the security staff flipped them the bird and hurled abuse.

I found that story pretty funny... mostly for the wrong reasons... but funny.
thepokey
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:00:27 AM

A guy that looked suspiciously like Paul Kelly was wandering the camp site on either Saturday or Sunday night obsessed with looking for skippy. "Skip! skip! where are ya??"

Seeing a sleazy as hell looking guy try to chat up one of the Sauerkraut Sister's when she must have been on her break or something, only to be shot down hard. He was pretty creepy though.

This little kid of about 3yrs old or so face planting straight down in the mud infront of our tent. Literally head stuck in the ground feet sticking up in the air until the Dad yanked him out.

Paladin
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:42:02 AM

Had been a hard four days, and we had just danced for an hour straight at Melb Ska Orchestra. Get to Snowdroppers do more dancing and jumping as the guys have an overfull Apra stage going off. Encore time comes around and the guys do "Shout!", anyway they get to the "little bit softer now, little bit softer now", bit and the crowd starts lowering into a squatted position. Legs screaming by now but not wanting to be the only dick standing in the whole tent i start my squat. Get down ok but man they made stay down for what seemed like an eternity, my legs say "f@#& it" and go into double leg cramp. I roll onto my back in pain knocking the people behind me over, a game of dominos ensues. They all think its great and do an "Animal House" like dead ants dance. The band goes into the build "a little bit louder now, a little bit louder now", crowd gets to their feet in afrenzy, my mates look around in mutual appreciation of a great band, great song, "Where's TIM" they shout, I'm still on the ground in a double leg cramp with a frenzy of dancing going off. Do they help, ^&% no they just laught and point out my distress to anybody who cares. I'm not going to live this one down for a while. GREAT night thought.
BluesonlyBlues
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:19:12 PM

Standing in line for a Groovy Souvy and started chatting to woman behind me. Turns out she lived two streets away from me in Melbourne.
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:40:04 PM

nothing funny happened at bluesfest

The poster formerly known as Dan
nickfromsydney
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:50:35 PM

Dan... wrote:

unless you are the 'Awesome Dan' Kate Miller-Heidke spoke about... ;)

Are you... Awesome Dan? ... :D
brucesta
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:10:32 PM

nickfromsydney wrote:
Dan... wrote:

My good woman spent Monday walking around asking "flouros" if they were Awesome Dan and didn't get any replies.... I wonder why!!!
ScottM
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:20:15 PM

Dan... wrote:

Dan's back to normal. Welcome back Dan
Dan...
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 12:52:00 PM

nickfromsydney wrote:
Dan... wrote:

most likely.

youngbill
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 3:39:55 PM
Groups: Guest

he is as far as i'm concerned.
Dan...
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:32:09 PM

didn't see you again this year, bill :-(

littlewillie
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:52:19 PM

Funniest moment was seeing Patrick emerge from the ladies toilets with a slightly confused look on his dial.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:02:49 PM

Well the signs can be confusing in the dark.

Plus someone had to even up the anti in respect to the number of ladies entering the mens.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:36:29 PM

talking to a friend and asked who he liked at bluesfest.said he liked raul malo so much he went straight to the busy cd tent.picked up a raul malo cd,paid for it,but didnt notice until the next day- its raul malo christmas songs. yo ho ho!

littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:13:07 PM

The dead thong collection stuck to the fence at the entrance to the toilets near Mojo was getting pretty epic by Sunday.

Anyone see it on Monday?