Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sound Bleed Options
drwildare
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:59:32 AM
Groups: Member

Besides the issue of chairs and the reactive decision making on the flay why can't Bluesfest organisers reduce the sound bleed between the stages. This years bleed was worse than the previous years and is unfair to both the performers and the crowd. Didnt Peter say they had reduced the bleed or were investigating ways to reduce it well unless they spread out the tents more it wont happen without a radical rethink. I dont have a simple solution but it was extremely distracting and destroyed some sets

The Dr is in the House
bluecoast
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:31:43 AM

man i think you're standards are too high .. I was blown away with how well they managed to have so many massive shows going on with what i considered only minimal bleed.
I'm getting more distraction from the road traffic while i'm listening to my stereo than i was getting at the festival
midfielder
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:46:31 PM
Groups: Guest

bluecoast wrote:
man i think you're standards are too high .. I was blown away with how well they managed to have so many massive shows going on with what i considered only minimal bleed.
I'm getting more distraction from the road traffic while i'm listening to my stereo than i was getting at the festival

Gotta agree massive effort when you consider how close the tents were..
waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:27:37 PM

turning jambayala to the east solved a lot,and the indigenous tent was not there next to crossroads. crossroads was open at the back and left side to allow better viewing from outside,but it just depended where you were .i was in crossroads grandstand most days and didnt find it too bad.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Paladin
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:31:07 PM

Actually didn't notice any bleed this year. Even needed to get passed the "beer garden" before you could hear Mojo well.
andreworvis
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:01:47 PM

Juke Joint & APRA tent were a problem Thurs/Fri but I think they realised that turning the sound down instead of up, was the solution, and it got better as weekend went on.
bluescale
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:10:58 PM

Massive improvement this year, maybe you have moderately superhuman hearing!
dmgreaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:51:03 PM

Bleed was only really noticeable and annying during Gurrumul. Robert Randolph at Crossroads was loud compared to Gurrumuls quiet performance. Otherwise, not a real problem.
drwildare
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:27:51 PM

dmgreaves wrote:
Bleed was only really noticeable and annying during Gurrumul. Robert Randolph at Crossroads was loud compared to Gurrumuls quiet performance. Otherwise, not a real problem.

Bleed was horrible from Crossroads to the terraced area of of Mojo during Buffy and during Tim Robbins. Also it depended where you were sitting I was up near the top of tthe stand nearest the stage on crossroads and could hear the bleed.

The Dr is in the house
jafa99
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:14:05 PM

There was sound bleed in some instances but overall I thought it was better than previous BFs I've attended. As andreworvis suggests, early on volume was too high at the small stages for the size of them - this was an issue for listening comfort alone, let alone sound bleed. Further improvement is always welcome, but congrats to the organisers on the improvement so far.

Bob