Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

One of my favorite endings to BF ever Options
Paladin
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:25:17 AM
Groups: Member

Jethro Tull >> Elvis Costello !

I've given Dylan three concert opportunities to impress and have left disappointed every time. So Tull was a no brainer. They were great!! First thing I'm doing when I get back to Sydney is pouring a nice beverage and putting on a Tull album.

After 5 days the legs were starting to fail but I still had two beer tickets left. I was determined to consume every last precious cent. So I thought I'd watch just a couple of Elvis songs from a comfortable position. But as soon as that intro to Pump It Up kicked in I was up the front. Stayed right through to last chords of What's So Funny about Peace Love and Understanding.

Such a great way to finish a great Fest, and nice way to force down those last two beers.

Thanks BF team. If Blues is a healer, then this is my annual health spa. For the soul that is, the body prob won't recover till next April. When I can't wait to do it all again.
ryangb
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:58:50 PM

I thought Elvis Costello was outstanding. Really brought back a good vibe after the Dylan set. Pump It Up was a great way to start it off
youngbill
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:07:29 AM
Groups: Guest

Absolutely, I was a bit fatigued by then so had gone home. Upon arrival I heard Elvis fire up, I had to go back for a little more.
Paladin
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:14:41 AM

PS: After I got back to Sydney last night. I put my clothes in the wash. Got my head together. Poured a stiff JD and put on "Thick As A Brick". So so good.