Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dylan performance Monday Options
fordy40
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:39:18 AM
Groups: Member

Dylan did a great show but we came to see him not a distant unrecognisable spot on stage. Thousands of people were dudded by him not even letting the video cameras project the show onto the front screens. The mid screen and outside screen had a static wide shot. Is the man so much in need of dollars that he is worried about his precious image being bootlegged? He has become the man- the big end of town. What a wanker! Has he any idea of what it's like to be at a show with now show? The performance would have left a lot of fans happy to have travelled the thousands of kilometers if they had been able to see him- as it was it has left a lot of fans with a feeling of being treated with contempt. Bob did wrong and the promotors should have made it clear that the screens would not be in use and the wonderful video coverage would not be shown.
charliebear
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:52:31 AM

He sucked!

I eat veggies, i eat veggies, they taste good! =)
Bloodfart
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:58:55 AM

Bob Dylan was dismal, kinda saw it coming. He's just selling his name, like a legacy that guarantees a sell-out crowd of disappointed fans.

Was a genius in his day... Now an embarrassing relic.
janellebilly
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:21:19 AM

I made my way to the front of Mojo, waited for over an hour, held my spot in the crowd (with great difficulty), with great expextations, by the third song which was inaudible, and with no sreen to see what was going on I thought what the f#*& am I doing here and left. What are the organisers thinking!!!!!
matonguitar
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:55:28 AM

I was disappointed that the screens weren't playing, that woulda been great. Look, I saw Bob Dylan. He played 'Don't Think Twice'... he played Like A Rolling Stone, and he played Forever Young... And he thanked us. HE THANKED US!?!?!? I thank him for coming. A legend, and it was an honour seeing him. The only downfall was the efuceekaying crowd. Bunch of cunts shoving in, "oh can i get thru" and stand right in front of you.

But needless to say, loved him
beachshack
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:28:53 AM

Disappointed would be a serious understatement. Not so much with Dylan's playing but with 'management' (Dylan's) and Bluesfests for only allowing a couple of miniscule views from way , way too far away.

It was a totally crap experience, didn't even get the feeling of an 'essence' of Dylan and the crowds were ridiculous for just that blurry 'blip' such a long way away.

What a sad way to see Dylan perform after so many of us being true believers for ever and a day.
joshj88
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:00:54 AM

All about the paycheck and no more passion! Bob Bob Bob.... The single long lens was an abysmal way to view the concert on the screens which was the only way for the majority of us to see the action. I could vaguely tell which one Bob was by taking note of which speck moved into and away from the mic in time with the lead vocals. We left after 30 mins and went to the APRA stage to watch A FRENCH BUTLER CALLED SMITH show. Far more entertaining. Whats next for Bob capitulating to human rights abusing regimes and not playing songs for fear of causing offence? Oh yeah he's already done that in China.
BOB=FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shielphi
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:20:32 AM

Dylan was dismal. I echo everything said on this thread. It could have been an impersonator on stage for all I know, hence no close ups. When it rained basic human behavior (surge,pack and herd) mentality reigned. It was crap and we lasted two songs and went to see the fantastic jethro Tull! Also the security was crap in Mojo as all the exits were blocked by people..it would have been stiff shit if a surge occurred. the security should do less strutting about like toy SAS and more study of crowd dynamics. The security in crossroads was very good though.
old_blokes
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:24:42 AM

what a wanker Bob is, where the fcuk did they drag him up from? and what must he think of us that paid to go and see such a dismal perfomance

and if one more CUB from the goldie pushes and then stands in front of me, WWIII is going to break out
Hadrosan
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:43:19 AM

old_blokes wrote:
what a wanker Bob is, where the fcuk did they drag him up from? and what must he think of us that paid to go and see such a dismal perfomance

and if one more CUB from the goldie pushes and then stands in front of me, WWIII is going to break out

Ahh the joys of trying to relive the past - but that's what we are tring to do so maybe we should recognise that and go in good spirit - otherwise why not stay home and listen to the songs that won't disappoint. I am going only out of curiousity to see this music genius in person.
Dan...
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:52:23 AM

Wow. I thought he was absolutely incredible. If I wasn't such a huge P-Funk fan I'd be back in a flash tonight.

The poster formerly known as Dan
jepthedog
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:54:38 AM

Only a true believer would say that Bob Dylan was great last night. The man is a legend, has written some of the best songs of all time, but he can't sing anymore! His voice was never good, but is just a gravelling dirge now. People in the tent around me were thoroughly bored by his performance, many people left the tent, or talked throughout his slower songs. Even his band introduction was inaudible. The poor suckers who parked their chairs all around the tent only for Dylan to have the screens turned off. Big disappointment. It was also a shame for Elvis Costello, who followed Dylan, to inherit such crowd stunned into stupor by Dylan. Fortunately, by the sheer strength of his songs including four from My Aim Is True, did Elvis make the night worthwhile. Closing with Oliver's Army and What's So Funny ABout Peace Love and Understanding...fantastic. Peter Noble, next year, instead of wasting money on a 'legend' like Dylan get four or five artists that have still got something to say.
mkennedynz
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:57:49 AM

Dylan was terrible, like a dying old dog that needs to be put down. After a terrible and inaudible performance of Tangled up in Blue I was outta there to Jethro Tull who was fantastic. Dylan sucks - pass it on.
omichaelo
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:59:40 AM

Just to let you all know that it was actually ME on stage dressed as Dylan. That's why we canned the cameras. "unz upan a time,, threw bums a dime, in ya prime, dintu......blah blah blah....
shielphi
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:13:15 AM

Dyan: [Mr. Bean dance] stumbles about with guitar.
muddywaters
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:05:49 AM

How can you negotiate a contract where no one can see the artist!? Dylan is a 'CON' artist and festival management hood winkers! Could be my last festival!
mkennedynz
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:13:32 AM

Bob...Get off the endless tour and settle down mate. Your ruining your fans respect. How on earth could you enjoy that performance?
wimichie
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:07:18 PM

Totally agree with all the above apart from the one guy who thought he was OK. He was obviously in the wrong tent or at the wrong festival and only thought it was Dylan he saw.
Dan...
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:16:57 PM

I didn't say he was 'ok', I said he was absolutely incredible. Because he was.

The poster formerly known as Dan
katieforfree
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:26:00 PM

I loved it. I knew Dylan never allows video. I know he sings the songs how he feels like. If you thought he was bad what did you make of BB King????