Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Schedules Options
djbradford26
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:24:35 PM
Groups: Member

So... being a first timer... I thought I'd throw this one out to the people a bit more experienced... I've got tickets for Fri-Sun... however I'm a bit disappointed to read that Xavier Rudd is only on the Thursday and Augie March are only on the Monday.

So I was wondering whether these schedules are set in stone, or whether they still shift a bit. I was looking at Xavier's website and he doesn't seem to have anything else around that time... whereas Augie March seem to have a fair bit including a show elsewhere on the Saturday.

Anyway, just wondering whether there's hope for a change, or whether I'll be missing them this year.

Cheers!
HowlinBindog
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:57:56 PM
Groups: Guest

Anything is possible... its unlikely that performance times will change and yet inevitable that something will

Hmmm...yeah, that makes sense

ScottM
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:05:37 PM

The playing days listed for several of the acts has moved already this year. Whether or not they have moved for the last time remains to be seen. There is also the possibility (if a little slim) that he will be added for a second set on one of the days you are attending.

But fear not! There are some sensational acts scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I saw Xavier at my first BF in 2004, and that year and every year since have seen plenty that has made me say "Xavier who?"
littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:47:06 PM

Is that Kevvie's brother?
djbradford26
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:52:52 PM

littlewillie wrote:

There's a good chance, after all, everyone has to have at least one thing redeemable about them (oh no, I went political there).

@ScottM: Definitely, there are a lot of other acts that I'm keen on seeing, just a little bummed about the possibility of missing those two :)
sammie13
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:05:12 PM

Hello, just thought i would add that one of my favourite things about blues fest (and this will be my 6th year) is that very often other artists get up and jam together. so i fear not, xavier will be around. Plus they have jsut announced that he is playing on Monday!
richo
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:15:38 PM

Geez, I can handle Xavier playing his own sets, because at least then I know when and where to avoid him. But with this apparent second set on the Monday, the though of him hanging around the festival for all 5 days and hopping up on stage with bands I actually want to see is a pretty chilling though.
djbradford26
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:55:40 AM

sammie13 wrote:
Hello, just thought i would add that one of my favourite things about blues fest (and this will be my 6th year) is that very often other artists get up and jam together. so i fear not, xavier will be around. Plus they have jsut announced that he is playing on Monday!

Hahaha, that still doesn't help me! I'm sure they did this one just to spite me :p
cutercomputer
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:02:20 AM

djbradford26 wrote:
littlewillie wrote:

There's a good chance, after all, everyone has to have at least one thing redeemable about them

I guess it's possible that Xavier has something redeemable about him, but being so closely related to someone as talented as Kevin is very umlikely in my opinion.

Peter
cutercomputer
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:04:31 AM

richo wrote:
Geez, I can handle Xavier playing his own sets, because at least then I know when and where to avoid him. But with this apparent second set on the Monday, the though of him hanging around the festival for all 5 days and hopping up on stage with bands I actually want to see is a pretty chilling though.

Well put richo, you echo my thoughts precisely.

Peter