Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

tickets for sale Options
pnoble
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 12:16:23 PM
Groups: Administration

Please note - this forum is not for listing tickets or any other items for sale.
We have an appropriate forum for listing tickets for sale, under rides and accom, BUT, tickets for sale will only be accepted after there are none available for sale
from Bluesfest and Ticketek for that particular day. Please note all ticket sales are final, and anyone posting tickets for sale on this forum will have their posts removed before sellouts on that particular date, AND, will not be able to post any other posts for one week. This is because some posters in the past have tried to put their posts back up immediately after being deleted.
Bluesfest is happy to assist anyone wanting to sell a ticket, once we have sold out that day, as long as they are prepared to follow our rules, which are - we insisit the ticket price must be listed and be no more than originally paid, or listing will be deleted. Please be careful buying tickets on this forum or anywhere else that are not official outlets. We have had reports in the past of persons buying bootlegged tickets and being turned away at our entrance gates, or sending money and not receiving tickets in return to people who have posted on our forum. Bluesfest takes no responsibility whatsoever for any tickets purchased or traded through our forum once we allow them to go on sale.
We do expect sellouts this year on our main nights - and will keep you updated.
Peter Noble
Festival Director
waz
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:06:51 PM
Groups: Member

I don't understand how you can say it's ok to sell tickets after the festival is sold out but not before if the tickets are being sold at cost price or cheaper. The people that utilise this site are generally a lot nicer person than 'the ravel' as shown in our 'rides and accomodation' forum and I would have thought this would be a better avenue then said ****Bay (multiple expletive).com.au and people paying gross overs for tickets after it is sold out.
zyfert
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:38:11 PM

Quote:
I don't understand how you can say it's ok to sell tickets after the festival is sold out but not before

The point is - Why would you sell someone else's tickets in preference to your own?
After they are gone, then it doesn't matter but before it's financially irresponsible.
ScottM
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 4:08:32 PM

zyfert wrote:
Quote:
I don't understand how you can say it's ok to sell tickets after the festival is sold out but not before

The point is - Why would you sell someone else's tickets in preference to your own?
After they are gone, then it doesn't matter but before it's financially irresponsible.

Exactly. As discussed last year, to allow people to advertise their tickets (even at cost price) on their own website would be madness for the festival. They would obviously prefer to sell their own remaining tickets than to effectively give a helping hand to their own opposition.
waz
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 12:50:08 PM

Hindsight's a wonderful thing lol, my wife made the exact same point over dinner! I'll cop that one on the chin, my hatred of having to buy overpriced tickets on said site may have made me rush my response rather than thinking about it first. Cheers
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 6:18:56 PM

The new forum does not have sufficiently long pages.
That leads to the following issues.....
AAA
Some threads being forgotten because they have slipped under the radar.
BBB
New threads being started on the same topic when suitable threads already exist
CCC
Management notification and policy posts falling into obscurity.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
Sharleen7
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:57:08 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
The new forum does not have sufficiently long pages.

That's true, Patrick. Now I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but since you brought up the length of the pages, I have to ask: Why do you have not only one, but two pictures (the 2nd of which is VERY LARGE) in your signature space taking up extra room every time you make a post? They are nice pictures - I can understand the 1st one: an affirmation of your love for Wayne the Train, but what's up with the HUGE 2nd picture? It is very colorful and humourous looking, but what does it mean? Is that suave looking guy swilling the cocktail and burning the chunk of cow rump meant to be you? Or are you the rev head with the spiffy purple con's souping up the jalopy? Please tell me you're not the doofus in the hot tub!

EXCESS in Moderation
greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 11:28:52 AM

Thank you Sharleen its been annoying me too, its repetitive to the stage of boring and untidy, here its repeated FIVE times on one page http://www.bluesfest.com.au/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=47&p=2 It must be extra irritating to those with a slow dial-up service, I had also remarked to Bingo Bonkus CokeBloke on this subject, but sadly my wisdom was ignored.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
acb
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:20:56 PM

I think you'll find Patrick's larger image is a depiction of the legendary Reverend Horton Heat and band enjoying a Texas BBQ or similar.

It IS rather large, however!

Andrew B
Sharleen7
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:10:16 PM

Aaah, now the penny drops... Thanks for that, Andrew - I guess if I had bothered to read down to the end, I would have seen the reference to the Rev for myself - my only excuse is that the picture always had me mesmerized before I got that far and I never got past it 'til now!

EXCESS in Moderation
c0kebloke
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:43:49 PM
Groups: Guest

greybeard wrote:
I had also remarked to Bingo Bonkus CokeBloke on this subject, but sadly my wisdom was ignored.

Wisdom?Not so wise to compare the 2 signitures as mine would be at least a quarter of the size of the one that you compare it to.
As for dial up i had that for the first few years i was on the board & had a hell of a time viewing some pics (yours included ) but never complained no matter how frustrated i got.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:57:44 PM

Here we have a more subdued Scott,Jimbo and The Reverend.
This was the band that Dave Gonzales told the audience not to miss at Bluesfest.
And after all,isn't everything bigger in Texas ?
Actually Andrew I think that either of these Texas acts would be a good idea for Narooma.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:13:29 PM

pnoble wrote:
Please note - this forum is not for listing tickets or any other items for sale.
We have an appropriate forum for listing tickets for sale, under rides and accom, BUT, tickets for sale will only be accepted after there are none available for sale
from Bluesfest and Ticketek for that particular day. Please note all ticket sales are final, and anyone posting tickets for sale on this forum will have their posts removed before sellouts on that particular date, AND, will not be able to post any other posts for one week. This is because some posters in the past have tried to put their posts back up immediately after being deleted.
Bluesfest is happy to assist anyone wanting to sell a ticket, once we have sold out that day, as long as they are prepared to follow our rules, which are - we insisit the ticket price must be listed and be no more than originally paid, or listing will be deleted. Please be careful buying tickets on this forum or anywhere else that are not official outlets. We have had reports in the past of persons buying bootlegged tickets and being turned away at our entrance gates, or sending money and not receiving tickets in return to people who have posted on our forum. Bluesfest takes no responsibility whatsoever for any tickets purchased or traded through our forum once we allow them to go on sale.
We do expect sellouts this year on our main nights - and will keep you updated.
Peter Noble
Festival Director

An oldie from the Director which will be relevant once again this year with heavy ticket demand.

greybeard
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 5:42:50 PM

Pontificating on a commentary almost four years late, and not knowing what the commentary refereed to puts you up with Alan Jones or Andrew Bolt. Please try to be less obnoxious.

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:20:42 PM

WAR was declared on sale this week - did anyone on this topic notice

bboard admin
spanner1
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:14:36 PM

Brick wall
bluesfestadmin wrote:

bboard admin
Why can't we be friends oh why can't we be friends...........don't despair Peter there will be many of us going to WAR at BF25
mgwfall
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:12:00 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:

bboard admin

And just thought I'd post some lyrics to a dmb song "Funny The Way It Is'

"The evening comes and were hanging out
On the front step and a car rolls by with the windows rolled down
And that war song is playing, why cant we be friends?"

TheLoneRanger
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 6:19:27 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:

bboard admin

Yes and I immediately thought of Eric Burdon.
Not familiar with their material.
Need to investigate.

greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:33:29 PM

Thanks Spanner have a great Yuletide.

Cuter Computer what can I say?

bluesfestadmin
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:08:33 AM

The Bulletin board has rules
BE NICE OR LEAVE
If this line of posting continues - I will be giving the posters a holiday from the board who continue with this - please lighten up
This is your one and only warning

Bboard administrator