Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Unconfirmed Artists 09 Options
finleym
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:31:48 PM

Groups: Member

Eric Bibb is playing in Sydney late March. Safe to assume he may be on his way to Byron a few weeks later.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans
Frosty
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:33:49 AM

I will throw one in from left field, AC/DC for bluesfest 2009!! Not the biggest fan of there new stuff but they will be touring down under around then.
thenudeman
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 9:57:10 AM
Groups: Guest

Frosty wrote:
I will throw one in from left field, AC/DC for bluesfest 2009!! Not the biggest fan of there new stuff but they will be touring down under around then.

bit of a long shot - AC/DC will be doing North America and Europe up until mid-2009...
Australian Tour is expected last 1/4 or 2009....

finleym
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 7:01:23 PM

Quote:

sammyd_87
Michael Franti is playing for sure. I went to his gig in Brisbane at The Tivoli.
He finished up by saying "See you guys at Bluesfest!

Like many others I had a bit of Franti overload, but seeing as it is the 20th anniversary I am not surprised if we have a bunch of other regulars on the bill.

Trumpet bells ringing
Bass drum is swinging
As the trombone groans
And the big horn moans
Dan...
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:07:48 PM

yeah it wouldn't surprise me if we had the whole harper/franti/jack johnson/john butler/ozomatli kit next year given the part bluesfest has played in these artist's careers as well as what they have done for bluesfest given it's the anniversary.
bilbo08
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:18:39 PM

Yeah I'm thinkin Eric is a possible. He's doing a winery gig for gods sake!! So he's definately in the mood for some smaller shows.
The amount he'll be making in Sydney alone will ensure his trip is worthwhile anyway.
bilbo08
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:19:58 PM

Eric as in "Slowhand" that is.
dogger440
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:16:54 PM

I'm with Dan...i think we'll see all or most of those back next year..
Clareybear
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:07:44 PM

Does anyone know when the first line up will be released?
colinsid
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:25:36 PM

The first line up will be released when they are good & ready.

It used to be that the line up wouldn't be released until late in the year or even early in the new year,
this changed last year with the first line up being announced around the time tickets went on sale.
helz
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:50:06 PM

bilbo08 wrote:
Yeah I'm thinkin Eric is a possible. He's doing a winery gig for gods sake!! So he's definately in the mood for some smaller shows.
The amount he'll be making in Sydney alone will ensure his trip is worthwhile anyway.

Eric's "winery gig" is in a 19 000 capacity arena, not exactly what you would call small!!

Would love if he came to Byron! Saw him a couple of years ago and was blown away by both him, Derek Trucks and a generally awesome band!
toosha
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 8:21:55 AM

Looks like good ol Steve Earle is going to be here !! yee har, seen him heaps of times at the fest , always very enjoyable.
humanracin1
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:59:21 PM

Line up should be announced soon I hope before early bird tickets finish!
alickweber
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 3:54:24 PM

humanracin1 wrote:
Line up should be announced soon I hope before early bird tickets finish!

Unlikely I think. I believe that is part of the idea behind Earlybird tickets - that way they can get some $$ in the bank to put deposits down etc (if this happens in the music business!)... Whoever they have on the lineup it'll be amazing, lets just hope that the drop in the Aussie $$ hasn't hurt internationals too much...

Gotta remember too that they have to 'synchronise' with artists to ensure that appearances aren't 'leaked' on artist websites etc, so I would imagine that a lineup announcement date would be an integral part of the contract between BF and the artist... I reckon it'll be a couple of days after EB's are finished, in order to get a groundswell of full-priced tickets on sale.

Also remember that there will be a period between the initial announcement and on-sale date of single day tickets, so that they can make up the playing schedule and allow the marketing machines of the various artists to roll out. Expect this around December - from the website:

Quote:
Note: One day tickets will go on sale when playing schedule is announced around December.

I'm not holding my breath until Monday the 17th or Tuesday the 18th - remember that most street-press goes out on Wed/Thur (or at least in Melbs they do) and I would imagine that BF will be keen to get advertising space in those as soon as they can...

Just my $0.02!
afromo
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:04:54 AM

Here's a tip, on this melb cup day: Heard on radio national last saturday night-
PIERRE BENSUSAN
DADGAD MUSIC (SACEM -FRANCE)
FAVORED NATIONS FN 2440-2
( no Australian distributor
available worldwide via: www.pierrebensusan.com )
PIERRE BENSUSAN - ’ALTIPLANOS’
2: 42
(lyrical, flowing-cyclic finger-style acoustic guitar instrumental, with a deal of string-snapping.

PIERRE BENSUSAN AUSTRALIAN TOUR ALERT

His first Australian tour is in April 2009. He already has a few details posted, here:
www.pierrebensusan.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6 )

CARLTONDRAUGHT59
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:33:12 AM

It would be fantastic if Old Slow Hand played the festival

greybeard
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:28:23 PM

Does anyone else get annoyed with having to allow "cookies" just to sign in ? Then I have to cancel same.
Anyway here's what the infallible font of all knowledge Wikipeadia says

Quote:

Lineup first announcement is on Friday 14th November. Rumours: Horace Andy, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Jhelisa Anderson, Dot Allison, Ry Cooder, Burning Spear, Emmylou Harris, Seasick Steve, Bonnie Prince Billy, Iron and Wine, Carleen Anderson, Soul 2 Soul, Brand New Heavies, Supertramp, Steve Miller band, Stevie Nicks, Terry Callier, Stephanie Dosen, Hope Sandoval, Natalie Merchant.

Stevie Nicks, be still my racing heart .Hang on.... Rumours.... is it possible .....Mick Fleetwood as well?
If Willies coming and I'm currently playing Kistofferson's 3rd World Warrior and Repossessed co-incidence ?

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
alickweber
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:22:19 PM

greybeard wrote:

Hmmm, interesting... I'm not sure how much credence to give that though, as it still says above that they are 'hoping' to move the fest in '09 to Tyagarah, but we know now that that is not to be...

Having said that, there are a few interesting names in there!

All will become clear in a few days - good things come to those who wait!
repete
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:11:33 PM

greybeard wrote:
Does anyone else get annoyed with having to allow "cookies" just to sign in ? Then I have to cancel same.

Quote:

Lineup first announcement is on Friday 14th November. Rumours: Horace Andy, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Jhelisa Anderson, Dot Allison, Ry Cooder, Burning Spear, Emmylou Harris, Seasick Steve, Bonnie Prince Billy, Iron and Wine, Carleen Anderson, Soul 2 Soul, Brand New Heavies, Supertramp, Steve Miller band, Stevie Nicks, Terry Callier, Stephanie Dosen, Hope Sandoval, Natalie Merchant.

Stevie Nicks, be still my racing heart .Hang on.... Rumours.... is it possible .....Mick Fleetwood as well?
If Willies coming and I'm currently playing Kistofferson's 3rd World Warrior and Repossessed co-incidence ?

If this is true, well it's ....umm.... rather bloody good! Ry Cooder alone is a huge coup and worth the trip!! Be prepared to take a bow Peter Noble.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
pukiishuman
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:47:43 AM

keb mo, dallas frasca, bela fleck, ruthi foster and corb lund are gonna be there I reckon...