Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Not long now Groovers!! Options
sbetts
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:56:19 PM
Groups: Member

I am so totally excited and I am sure there are a few other peeps out there that can't wait either. This is going to be an amazing festival (for sure the stand out for 2011) and I for one am stoked that I am gonna be there.

Bring on Blues Fest 1 week tomorrow WOOO HOOO, thanks Blues Fest Team for a great job, I bet its pretty stressful for you guys ATM but we love ya :)

Sarah
peggysav83
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:19:30 PM

I'm leaving from Melbourne area on Sunday. Soooo excited. Can't wait for the end of the week :)

Love & Gravy xo
reddragon
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:35:43 PM

Yeah, can't wait.
Safe journey to everyone who is going to the festival.
Congratulations to the Bluesfest team, you are putting on an amazing line up for us this year. You've done us proud. We really appreciate it.

Let the good times roll....!
hopciti
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:45:07 AM

The bike is all packed, I'm all ready to go, hit the road today, on the Spirit of Tasmania tonight, Victoria on Tuesday, NSW Wednesday, no computer for 2 weeks :) see you all soon :)))
dottygranny
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:41:57 PM
Groups: Guest

I may need to invoke all the gods, have just had my flight cancelled by Jetstar and am scrambling for an alternative and battling the flu with massive amounts of garlic and bourbon. I am so excited that I may implode, its a marvellous line up - even the Tull/Dylan clash can't dim the experience, I have a feeling that the Australian talent will probably be the highlight
repete
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:38:00 PM

How did I miss this thread?? Finally, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it ain't the train!) and can really start to believe that in a few days time I'm going to be immersed in music at a truly great festival. And oh what a fest this is gonna be. Amongst all the great artists appearing at this year's fest, the number of great singers is truly staggering. Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples, Ruthie Foster, Eric Bibb, Raul Malo, Michelle Shocked....wow! And I'm dreaming of a gospel collaboration with Irma and Mavis and just maybe Aaron Neville on Sunday (bringing us home with Mahalia Jackson). The high quality funk - the Funky Meters, George Clinton, the Bamboos and the brilliant Trombone Shorty. Thursday night's Jamaican breeze and I haven't even mentioned BB, Bob, Buffy, Warren Haynes, Los Lobos, Joe Louis Walker, Elvis Costello.....And Dale Watson, Peter Rowan, Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, Grace Jones, Tony Joe White, Indigo Girls and on and on. What a fest. See y'all there!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Dan...
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:34:26 PM

holy crap i have one more day of work left and instead of flying solo i just found out that i have four other friends going. i am actually REALLY excited.

The poster formerly known as Dan
RadTanya
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:17:08 PM

Dan... wrote:
holy crap i have one more day of work left and instead of flying solo i just found out that i have four other friends going. i am actually REALLY excited.

I have half a day left of work, but am still flying solo.
Hopefully will make plenty of friends there!
ScottM
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:51:58 AM

First one I will have missed since my first in 2004. I've said it plenty, and now say it again - I picked a bad year to miss.

To any BB'ers yet to are yet to depart - enjoy the best one yet. Shouldn't be hard. I hope to read as much feedback as people care to type. And grab a beer at the Rails for me. And one of those Hungarian snap fried breads. I'm getting withdrawals already.

And Dan, whatever the hell high you are on, I hope you ride it all the way through the fest - I've never seen you so chirpy in a succession of posts....
momokath
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:41:48 AM

dottygranny wrote:
I may need to invoke all the gods, have just had my flight cancelled by Jetstar and am scrambling for an alternative and battling the flu with massive amounts of garlic and bourbon. I am so excited that I may implode, its a marvellous line up - even the Tull/Dylan clash can't dim the experience, I have a feeling that the Australian talent will probably be the highlight

yeah...my flights also cancelled - but as of this morning there are $259 Qantas flights to Brisbane (which last night were $500 to Goldy and Brisbane). I'm hoping to hear about a lift from Syd - Byron from Forum or I will be paying the $259...leaves Thursday....and I reckon I can get from Brissie to Byron quite easily...via a local driver...am supposed to be in Byron now for tonights Franti/Churchill/Bomba gig....good luck mate :)
Dan...
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:54:41 PM

ScottM wrote:
And Dan, whatever the hell high you are on, I hope you ride it all the way through the fest - I've never seen you so chirpy in a succession of posts....

the prospect of a week without having to do all that much work just has me so damn excited you've no idea, scott. plus it's been a stressful lead up to the festival so i'm keen for it all to just get underway. here's hoping i can remain chipper :-)

waffles
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:54:26 PM

dan,did you sort your accomodation.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
Dan...
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:04:24 PM

yep. it's a long trek from lismore but you have to do these things sometimes...

distinctlyme
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:11:48 PM

Have just arrived at the camp site. Beautiful weather today! Very happy about the new placement of 5 day camping (now near the north entrance). So looking forward to tomorrow! Wish everyone safe travels.
ScottM
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:11:32 PM

Dan... wrote:
here's hoping i can remain chipper :-)

A succession of tinnies and a smorgasboard of music ought to take care of that.

Plus, St George started the week with a win over Souths I see. That kind of thing always puts me in a good mood, and I believe you are a disciple of the Red V?
swoody72
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:18:41 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait to put on "La Grange" and belt down that highway tomorrow morning!
reddragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:45:15 PM

Yeah I had today off work and was going to get down there today, but I couldn't be arsed stressing out so have spent the day packing.
Don't forget those all important festival essentials such as bin bags, bog roll, mozzie stuff, boots and as many home comforts as you can carry etc etc.

I'll be right behind you zooming down the highway. I'll be blasting zz top, stevie ray vaughan, gov't mule etc and then when I hit the Qld/NSW border it will be Bob Marley and dub reggae all the way to the site.
drwildare
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:44:16 PM

The Dr will be there in the Morrow

The Dr is da house

or should I say the Reverend Dude the Dr.

oldbilly1
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:24:17 PM

Here we go - walk, cab, changi airport, plane, Darwin, Brisbane, ute, mates, Byron, beer, campsite, beer, bluesfest :) c u all soon
BluesonlyBlues
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:42:43 PM

Dan... wrote:
ScottM wrote:

The prospect of a week without having to do all that much work just has me so damn excited you've no idea, scott. plus it's been a stressful lead up to the festival so i'm keen for it all to just get underway. here's hoping i can remain chipper :-)

I'm with ya there Dan. Am already here and struggling to chill as I keep thinking about the work I have to do. (Self employed). I know that by this time tomorrow night I won't give a rats so hope you are the same. :) Weather is sensational.