Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

cameras at the festival Options
bluesman1
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 10:38:48 PM
Groups: Member

you are not allowed to take a camera over 10 megapixels ,what kind of tripe are you throwing out there chuggie????????????
waffles
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:20:33 AM

chuggie has nothing to do with bluesfest as such.

i think youll find it is no cameras with removable lens.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.
tbuzz
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 3:42:02 PM

the terms and conditions say still cameras (not professional) are allowed. doesn't say anything about 10MP or removable lenses.
bluesman1
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:20:29 PM

sorry meant peter n,i just recieved my copy of rythyms mag and it is specific in there,freedom to photograph your favouraite artist with decent equipment should be allowed.
distinctlyme
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:01:07 PM

bluesman1 wrote:
you are not allowed to take a camera over 10 megapixels ,what kind of tripe are you throwing out there chuggie????????????

Yes I just read this in Rhythms Bluesfest program (which states not only no professional cameras - but no SLR, DSLR or any camera over 10 megapixels).

If it weren't so frustrating I would laugh! Unless you have an older (or very cheap) digital camera it will be min 10 - 12 megapixels. The average size for a compact camera is now 12 megapixels (with many at 14). So I guess they are aiming to ban all cameras?
skot20_58
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:00:53 AM

Thats not cool. How many more rules must there be?

Its a sad day when organisations become out of touch.

Dear Skot,
Are you going to be a goose all your life?
bbbbirdman
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:08:24 PM

As long one as there not in any one else's view.
Those Ipone /sphone things where everywhere at concerts.
Keep them low or blow.

http://www.guitar-muse.com/trigger-willie-nelson-martin-n-20-1905
http://www.bowneckslide.com/
mgwfall
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 8:06:04 PM

distinctlyme wrote:
bluesman1 wrote:

Yes I just read this in Rhythms Bluesfest program (which states not only no professional cameras - but no SLR, DSLR or any camera over 10 megapixels).

If it weren't so frustrating I would laugh! Unless you have an older (or very cheap) digital camera it will be min 10 - 12 megapixels. The average size for a compact camera is now 12 megapixels (with many at 14). So I guess they are aiming to ban all cameras?

Had a look at my camera. Can't find the mexapixels on the casing. Obviously for my camera the big advertising point was the zoom, because that's clearly labelled.

So will security have a list of brands & models & check cameras against this?
distinctlyme
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 9:55:52 PM

mgwfall wrote:
distinctlyme wrote:
bluesman1 wrote:

Had a look at my camera. Can't find the mexapixels on the casing. Obviously for my camera the big advertising point was the zoom, because that's clearly labelled.

So will security have a list of brands & models & check cameras against this?

I know I had a bit of a rant about it, but honestly, I wouldn't be concerned about how many megapixels.

I think what they will be looking out for are the D/SLR's (or so I was told when I emailed to ask about bringing mine!). For them to write 'any camera over 10mp' was a bit absurd because to check each and every camera would almost be impossible - and would involve going through your camera's menus. Imagine the line? Also not really possible to have a list as year to year models look virtually the same but have different capabilites (i.e. a camera purchased in 2006 might have been 8mp, 2007 version is 10mp).
coolyback
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:33:52 PM

THAT rule ruined 50% of my enjoyment of the festival...thanks a lot!!! All I knew was no professional camera's. I am not a professional. So I leave it in the car. Who is gonna re-imburse me for all that if it goes missing??? Not Bluesfest I'm sure. I've never left it in the car b4. What would happen if I'd travelled there by bus. TOO MANY STUPID RULES!!
Paladin
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:52:22 PM

Not only that. The security or some of them where complete knobs about it. My friend got in the first 2 days no probs. 3rd day they sent him home. We just walked down the north gate and they let us in no issues.

Not even the security knew the camera rules. Or at least how to interpret them.
distinctlyme
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:44:28 PM

I left my Nikon at home as was told I would not be able to get it through the gate. I KNEW that I would end up seeing plenty inside the festival (which I did - was surrounded by people with them) but didn't want to risk being turned away and having to leave it in my car.

I have no problem with there being certain rules because they are (usually) there for a good reason. But the double standards are frustrating as hell. If you make a particular rule then ENFORCE it, if not don't bother making it in the first place!
brucesta
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:51:37 PM

Interesting point when the only people to see Bob Dylan were those in the front 6 rows or those with MEGA ZOOM lenses....

My son the other year was taking pics of artists.. running over to the KODAK tent, printing them off and then asking the artists to sign them... most of them thought it was cool..... is there an issue with professional rights to the photos here???
waffles
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:56:04 PM

im pretty sure thats why they say no professional cameras.wouldnt be surprised if it was a clause in contracts.

I don't want to hang up my rock n roll shoes
I get a good time feeling every time I hear those blues.