Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Power points - specifically to charge a mobile phone Options
Simon_Fletcher
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 6:57:19 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/8/2011
Posts: 2
Points: 6
Hi guys,

Anyone know if there'll be any access to power points onsite for campers?

Cheers, Simon.
nwfone
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 6:58:23 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/10/2010
Posts: 11
Points: -161
Get off the grid man!
charliebear
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 6:58:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/20/2009
Posts: 86
Points: -1,450
toilets do

I eat veggies, i eat veggies, they taste good! =)
Simon_Fletcher
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 7:01:57 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/8/2011
Posts: 2
Points: 6
I'm as eager as anyone to get off the grid 'man' - but it's going to be hard to read my boys a bedtime story from afar with a flat battery! :-(
nwfone
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 7:18:55 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/10/2010
Posts: 11
Points: -161
Simon, I am sure the physiological effects of not reading your boys a story for five days will be undetectable. Also, which artists do you plan on missing so you can sneak off to find a quiet spot every night?

I mean really.

If you are dead set on it, perhaps pre record it!
greybeard
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 7:34:00 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 1,617
Points: 2,188
Location: Sydney Northern Beaches
Just take 5 batteries
Or five iPods

or One http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-Emergency-Flashlight-Charger/dp/B004068AWU/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_b

(Please don't tell Reg I offered this advice )

Heading out for the East Coast / Lord knows I've paid some dues gettin' through, / Tangled up in blues.
oldbilly1
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 9:38:55 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/11/2008
Posts: 198
Points: 305
nwfone wrote:
Simon, I am sure the physiological effects of not reading your boys a story for five days will be undetectable. Also, which artists do you plan on missing so you can sneak off to find a quiet spot every night?

I mean really.

If you are dead set on it, perhaps pre record it!


nwfone - a simple soultion for you - if you can't answer the man's question, then don't linger on the thread dedicated to it. or maybe start your own thread where people can seek your parenting tips in a more direct fashion...
nwfone
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 10:31:04 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/10/2010
Posts: 11
Points: -161
oldbilly1 wrote:
nwfone wrote:
Simon, I am sure the physiological effects of not reading your boys a story for five days will be undetectable. Also, which artists do you plan on missing so you can sneak off to find a quiet spot every night?

I mean really.

If you are dead set on it, perhaps pre record it!


nwfone - a simple soultion for you - if you can't answer the man's question, then don't linger on the thread dedicated to it. or maybe start your own thread where people can seek your parenting tips in a more direct fashion...


Welcome to the world of Forums my friend.
janetk
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 2:43:44 AM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/24/2010
Posts: 6
Points: -258
Don't remember them in the toilets, but pretty sure there was somewhere (like a stall?) in the actual festival grounds where you could recharge phones last year.
jonocurl
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:36:55 AM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/10/2011
Posts: 13
Points: 51
yep theres several power points where the laundry is behind the toilets/showers. Gotta make your timing right though, gets quite busy and people also need the power points to plug in the washing machines
mpember
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:31:44 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/16/2008
Posts: 556
Points: -72
iirc, there is a stall where a community group will charge your device/battery (with your power adapter if it is an uncommon connection). it normally involves a "gold coin donation"
RadTanya
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:50:05 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/7/2010
Posts: 13
Points: -236
Location: Melbourne
mpember wrote:
iirc, there is a stall where a community group will charge your device/battery (with your power adapter if it is an uncommon connection). it normally involves a "gold coin donation"



Thanks for this, it's been something I've been thinking about too.
I have also bought a solar charger that I can use to get some charge into my phone.. I figure I'll either clip it to the back of my pants to get some sun, or to my tent?



And for the record (or the cynics), it's so I can be contacted in case of family/home emergencies.
peggysav83
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 10:01:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/1/2011
Posts: 37
Points: -127
Location: Traralgon, Victoria
jonocurl wrote:
yep theres several power points where the laundry is behind the toilets/showers.


There's a laundry?!? Are u serious! Why is this the first I'm hearing of it!!

Love & Gravy xo
hifromtomorrow
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:04:56 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 449
Points: 461
Location: Brisbane
There's a laundry?!? Are u serious! Why is this the first I'm hearing of it!!

exactly what i thought when i read this, i am a 5 day camper and had no idea!!!
where is this laundry exactly???!!!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man...
anthonym
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:41:27 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2008
Posts: 28
Points: 17
Location: northern NSW
Yep, BayFM, the local Community Radio Station will have their stall again this year charging mobiles.



jonocurl
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:09:00 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/10/2011
Posts: 13
Points: 51
haha yeah the laundry was just behind the showers and next to the tent that was set up for the volunteers to chill out in the 5 day camping section. there must of been around 4 washing machines.
this was last year.... maybe its new and thats why no one noticed???
glad its not so advertised cause it was busy enough.
kellgall
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 7:50:14 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/2/2010
Posts: 9
Points: 27
Location: Mackay QLD
nwfone wrote:
oldbilly1 wrote:
nwfone wrote:
Simon, I am sure the physiological effects of not reading your boys a story for five days will be undetectable. Also, which artists do you plan on missing so you can sneak off to find a quiet spot every night?

I mean really.

If you are dead set on it, perhaps pre record it!


nwfone - a simple soultion for you - if you can't answer the man's question, then don't linger on the thread dedicated to it. or maybe start your own thread where people can seek your parenting tips in a more direct fashion...


Welcome to the world of Forums my friend.
kellgall
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 7:53:26 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/2/2010
Posts: 9
Points: 27
Location: Mackay QLD
nwfone in the 'world of forums' you are showing pretty bad form. I found this piece of info for you so you can brush up on your etiquette.

'In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.'...
sunshinechen2180000
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:47:04 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/16/2017
Posts: 3
Points: 9
Actually to say, I don't know how to do that. The way that I know to charge phone and laptop in car is to use 400w power inverter. Simply connect it with your car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge camera battery, shaver and other tools safely and quickly. The advantage of this tool is soft and convenient to take away. If you want to know more detail about it, you can search bestekmall on Google. Warm regards.
mccin0000
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:52:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2016
Posts: 312
Points: -2,476
I bought a second hand car recently - (it's probably 3rd or 4th hand) it's cigarette lighter looked like it was broken so I bought one of those chargers that fit in that you can ISB to charge your Smartphone It turned out that it was he actual ciggie charger internal component was broken. The new charger cost $15 or so and was a total waste of money. I'm not sure where to turn next. You begin to loose trust in technology when these type of things happen don't you?
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
This page was generated in 0.210 seconds.