Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What does a VIP pass actually get you? Options
Paladin
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:48:10 PM
Groups: Member

Is it just a clean toilet or is it really worth the money? Thinking about a Tuesday VIP pass. Has anyone actually used one. and how is the experience?
charliebear
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:11:55 PM

Jackshit! save your money for grog instead

I eat veggies, i eat veggies, they taste good! =)
richo
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:44:41 PM

I had one in 2008. That was the dry year so escaping the mud wasn't necessary.

It had a bar with a slightly wider range of drinks including spirits. It tended to be slower than the other bars so it wasn't a way of avoiding the queues. That particular year beers were 50c cheaper in the VIP bar and you could pay by cash.

Toilets were fancy flushing portaloos. I couldn't care less either way. The normal toilets at the festival are generally fine.

There's obviously a market for it so good on them for catering for it, but personally I think it's a waste of money. I just hope they figure out something more reasonable with its placement in relation to Crossroads, as it cut off half the access to the tent for the "normal" folks with no appreciable gain for VIPs.
distinctlyme
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:25:40 PM

I won 5 day VIP tickets last year and for me it really was just access to clean toilets - although like someone else said, the porta-loos last year weren't bad at all (camp toilets a different story however). The bar was always pretty quiet when I was in there so no long waiting times for drinks if you were purchasing, but this year seems like it's going to be a lot busier so it might not even help with that.

If you want somewhere comfy to sit and chill out (lots of couches/chairs) and possibly meet some artists then you'd enjoy it. However, unless they've changed the set up from last year, I personally don't think it's worth it considering the fact that when you're in there you can't even see any of the stages. I never hung around in there long because I didn't want to miss the whole point of being at Bluesfest.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:27:56 PM

Dylangt 18 has posed a question in regard to VIP tickets.

Some useful comments have been made on this thread.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8
Dan...
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:11:38 AM

TheLoneRanger wrote:
Dylangt 18 has posed a question in regard to VIP tickets.

Some useful comments have been made on this thread.

thanks patrick

The poster formerly known as Dan
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:39:13 AM

A recurring topic.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
eileenk9
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 11:31:40 AM

Oh ok. Might be worth it just for the loos. Thanks. :)
zyfert
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:00:46 PM

It is a marquee within an enclosure located beside the Crossroads stage.
At one end of the marquee is a bar that sells a far wider variety of drinks than is available outside and served in glass.
There is also a food stall.
It has separate toilets which are of a better standard than the regular ones outside.
The marquee is full of couches also stools & tables.
There is also access from there to backstage so you see some performers, roadies etc mingling.
Outside the marquee within the enclosure there are tables and chairs.
You can see into the Crossroad marquee through the opening in the right hand side.
You can also see one of the video screens, so you can watch and listen to the Crossroads performances at a slight distance.
It is a place to go and chill in a reasonable degree of comfort.
Best, Z.
eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:25:59 AM

So they don't offer VIP for people buying the one day tickets? That's a shame.
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:07:01 PM
Groups: Administration

VIP one day tickets are on sale now

Very limited ammount left
BBoard admin
eileenk9
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:40:14 PM

Thankyou.
jellyrollBaker7
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:34:36 PM

I'm glad this topic came up for discussion. From the comments raised by those who have lived the VIP experience, the only benefit seems to be " clean toilets".I love anecdotal evidence - the world is turning towards "evidence based" but you can't beat the word on the street. Didn't they sing in "Les Miserables" "Can you hear the people sing........ when the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums" .
I have attended, and loved, many Bluesfests. I attend with all my brothers and all sons and nephews (18 of us - the Pod) - some have exclusive private lives and incomes, but one of Bluesfest's wonderful endearing qualities is that it is egalitarian - everyone is equal in the eyes of all that attend, and no one shows any bullshit to anybody. When the VIP tent appeared, we all felt that the idea of a "special" section bastardised that notion and it went against the fundamental "vibe", mantra, philosophy that is "BLUESFEST". So on principle - I would never go to the VIP section (even though I can afford it). I have had some wonderful Bluesfest toilet experiences: after Tim Finn a couple of years ago finished his set I walked into a large urinal and 50 wangs moved in unison to their owners singing the chorus " I see red, I see red, I see red!!!". I have seen things that have amazed me and defy reality. I have had some bizarre (and wonderful) conversations. I even had my buttock tweeked by a woman who then offered me a drink of brandy and then sang me a song. And I have stood there with my member in hand, relieving myself after many beers, and just been gobsmacked by the serenity of looking over the wall and seeing the trees and stars and thinking "nothing matches this- this is livin'- this is what it's all about, and I can't wait to do it all again next year." Long live true "BLuesfest"
richo
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:57:09 PM

jellyrollBaker7 wrote:
I'm glad this topic came up for discussion. From the comments raised by those who have lived the VIP experience, the only benefit seems to be " clean toilets".I love anecdotal evidence - the world is turning towards "evidence based" but you can't beat the word on the street. Didn't they sing in "Les Miserables" "Can you hear the people sing........ when the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums" .
I have attended, and loved, many Bluesfests. I attend with all my brothers and all sons and nephews (18 of us - the Pod) - some have exclusive private lives and incomes, but one of Bluesfest's wonderful endearing qualities is that it is egalitarian - everyone is equal in the eyes of all that attend, and no one shows any bullshit to anybody. When the VIP tent appeared, we all felt that the idea of a "special" section bastardised that notion and it went against the fundamental "vibe", mantra, philosophy that is "BLUESFEST". So on principle - I would never go to the VIP section (even though I can afford it). I have had some wonderful Bluesfest toilet experiences: after Tim Finn a couple of years ago finished his set I walked into a large urinal and 50 wangs moved in unison to their owners singing the chorus " I see red, I see red, I see red!!!". I have seen things that have amazed me and defy reality. I have had some bizarre (and wonderful) conversations. I even had my buttock tweeked by a woman who then offered me a drink of brandy and then sang me a song. And I have stood there with my member in hand, relieving myself after many beers, and just been gobsmacked by the serenity of looking over the wall and seeing the trees and stars and thinking "nothing matches this- this is livin'- this is what it's all about, and I can't wait to do it all again next year." Long live true "BLuesfest"

I agree.
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:04:26 PM

Cosmic moments.

acb
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:45:13 PM

My favourite urinal moment (never thought I'd write such a thing) was back at Red Devil when one of the drains had blocked and the trough was brim-full. A whole trailer full of guys not wanting to be the one whose contribution caused the overflow. Managed to escape with dry(ish) shoes and no guilt.

Andrew
Space5279
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:51:23 PM

acb wrote:
My favourite urinal moment (never thought I'd write such a thing) was back at Red Devil when one of the drains had blocked and the trough was brim-full. A whole trailer full of guys not wanting to be the one whose contribution caused the overflow. Managed to escape with dry(ish) shoes and no guilt.

Andrew

Good times!

"...wild Jamaican's from Kingston drinking Irish Moss
Listening to Peter Winston Macintosh..."
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:38:05 PM

ZZZ

backpackerse
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:19:03 PM

but i want 2 days VIP tickets. but anyone tell me how to find 2 days vip ticket.

Beach accommodation central coast
pod2006
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 5:00:10 AM

Radio National have just finished a competition to win VIP tix for 2. I am sure it is part of BF's marketing strategy to offer similar prizes through media, so keep your eyes peeled and lob in an entry. Not an answer to your query (try ringing BFadmin), but you gotta be init to winit.