Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

PLAYING SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED Options
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:02:52 PM
Groups: Administration

BE THE FIRST TO VIEW THE PLAYING SCHEDULE FOR 2011....
GO TO HOME PAGE
THEN PRESS ON ARTISTS BUTTON
SCROLL DOWN TO PLAYING SCHEDULE

IT'S THERE FOLKS

A LARGE BUTTON FOR EVERYONE WILL BE ON THE SITE TOMORROW - FOR NOW - ONLY THE BOARD GETS THE LATEST NEWS

ENJOY
BBOARD ADMIN
littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:22:56 PM
Groups: Member

Bloody Hell!
I'm tearing my remaining hairs out, there's so many clashes and that's just Thursday.
What a feast !
colinsid
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:29:41 PM

A quick glance shows one less tent than last year with no Cabaret stage.
Hopefully Juke Joint will be bigger as I notice that Fishbone are playing on Friday in there, other times I have seen them I thought they did Mojo. Osibisa also playing Juke Joint same day.
littlewillie
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:56:00 PM

Good to see the Juke Joint is back.
Except for Saturday when it is mysteriously replaced by the Junk Joint.
repete
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:13:42 PM

Congratulations to everyone at bluesfest....a truly astonishing bill. At first glance Sunday at the Crossroads looks truly amazing, then again so does Saturday with a quick sprint to catch John legend at Mojo. Then again....arrrgh!!!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
peggysav83
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:32:07 PM

Soooooooooo shattered about the clash of Bob Dylan and Jethro Tull. Not sure who is gonna win this decision. Now I'm REALLY wishing I could afford to stay the extra day!! :(

Love & Gravy xo
patrickj87
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:42:46 PM

bluesfestadmin wrote:
BE THE FIRST TO VIEW THE PLAYING SCHEDULE FOR 2012....
GO TO HOME PAGE
THEN PRESS ON ARTISTS BUTTON
SCROLL DOWN TO PLAYING SCHEDULE

IT'S THERE FOLKS

A LARGE BUTTON FOR EVERYONE WILL BE ON THE SITE TOMORROW - FOR NOW - ONLY THE BOARD GETS THE LATEST NEWS

ENJOY
BBOARD ADMIN

2012 already? What happened to 2011 BB?
arbee0
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:44:55 PM

No Indig stage either

I have no idea of clashes until I spend a couple of hours on Excel - all I know is there will be heaps. It's much too hard in this format.
Please admin, only a minor niggle but can we one day have the program in spreadsheet format and in ASCENDING (earliest to latest) order and times aligned across each stage - just like almost every other festival in Aust - and most worldwide.
coppinafield19
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:55:26 PM

arbee0 wrote:
No Indig stage either

I have no idea of clashes until I spend a couple of hours on Excel - all I know is there will be heaps. It's much too hard in this format.
Please admin, only a minor niggle but can we one day have the program in spreadsheet format and in ASCENDING (earliest to latest) order and times aligned across each stage - just like almost every other festival in Aust - and most worldwide.

Their is a downloaded version like every other festival in the world ....right next to where it says 2011 playing schedule like every other schedule anywhere in the world
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:14:14 PM
Groups: Guest

coppinafield19 wrote:
arbee0 wrote:
No Indig stage either

Their is a downloaded version like every other festival in the world ....right next to where it says 2011 playing schedule like every other schedule anywhere in the world

That pdf version is still top to bottom rather than across when it comes to the playing schedule
repete
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:42:34 PM

arbee0 wrote:
No Indig stage either

Strewth RB, are you using an old 386 in Mongolia?? Don't worry about the layout, it's good for the brain to be forced to deal with the unusual (and I'm sure you have plenty of that where you are right now...all good training for the fest's bill). Hehehe...I can just see you turning up early in the day badly hungover to make sure you catch BB King or Robert Randolph !

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:05:13 PM
Groups: Guest

Day six was set to start @ 2pm & finish @ 10pm with George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic playing a 3 hour set.
After checking the schedule it says George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic start at 8.30 & if that's the case day 6 will finish a little later -11.30.
richo
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:09:29 PM

Not looking forward to sitting through Gurrumul before Bob Dylan on the Tuesday... he's always been one of those mid-afternoon acts that I avoid at all costs.

Though that said there's a certain irony in putting his voice in direct contrast with Dylan's croaky death rattle.
ScottM
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:41:58 PM

Couple of scheduling surprises (e.g. Rodrigo Y Gabriela on AFTER BB King? I can only assume the great man didn't want to stay up too late), but looking at the schedule strictly as an interested outsider this year, I think that it should work pretty well. I'd have been making a return to Mojjjo after dark for the first time in a number of years for one thing.

Also interesting to see Michael Franti back in the crossroads tent for the first time in year, Dylan on 2nd to last, Grace Jones having such a wide gap between her 1st and 2nd sets (sideshow in between?), and as the Ranger has pointed out on the Future Artists forum, George Clinton on the Jambalaya stage is very surprising, but he is up against high profile competition elsewhere.

Good luck with the highlighting of the schedule and any heartbreaking clashes people. My only heartbreak this year will be not getting to be there. Missing Friday through Sunday in the Crossroads hurts particularly bad.......
gregnwen
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:06:09 AM

You might want to rethink the schedule of Jethro Tull and Dylan at the same time same era same audience think about it.
richo
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:21:42 AM

Yeah I think some clarification is needed on this Tuesday end time.

According to the 10pm finish that was advertised recently, Dylan would only be playing for an hour and George Clinton for 90 minutes. I really hope we're actually getting the more logical 11:30pm finish time, which means full sets from both.

Elvis Costello after Dylan on the Monday is interesting considering Dylan was the advertised headliner and no doubt the reason tickets sold out so quickly. Will we get a longer set from Dylan on the Tuesday? Would vastly prefer a full two hour set to 90 minutes. And I assume he's not getting paid any less than his Sydney/Melbourne/etc sideshows to play a shorter show at Bluesfest.
Always28
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:22:29 AM

If you could swap John Legend for Michael Franti on Saturday that would make a perfect Crossroads day without having to trek across to Mojo.

And how about the Monday closeout at Mojo, Warren Haynes, Mr Dylan and Elvis Costello. Also highly excited to see Johnny Green's son after that U tube clip from last year.

Having trouble working out how to see Ray Beadle with all of the clashes, luckily he comes to my local pub frequently. (to play not drink)
chickster01
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:49:52 AM

gregnwen wrote:
You might want to rethink the schedule of Jethro Tull and Dylan at the same time same era same audience think about it.

I couldn't agree more!!!!

I know there will be alot of people with clashes and organisers can't please everyone but these two key performers??? Just about anyone who loves Dylan would love Tull too....I have a friend flying over from NZ who really wanted to see these guys....we have bought a 5 day pass but unfortunately thats as far as our finances go so going to the 6th day isn't an option.

Whats the chances of a rethink???

We are spoilt for choice in this years amazing line up....well done to the organisers!!!! Can't wait yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa
timcook123
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:02:10 PM

peggysav83 wrote:
Soooooooooo shattered about the clash of Bob Dylan and Jethro Tull. Not sure who is gonna win this decision. Now I'm REALLY wishing I could afford to stay the extra day!! :(

IM FEELING THE EXACT SAME WAY BOB DYLAN IS MY FAVOURITE BUT I DUNNO IF JETHRO TULL WILL EVER COME BACK TO OZ.

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outta you.

B. Dylan
Dan...
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:36:29 PM

i'm actually LOVING the timetable. couple of clashes, but the acts are staggered very well.

The poster formerly known as Dan