Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Bamboos Do It Again Options
Sharleen7
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:46:54 PM
Groups: Member

Last time they played with Eddie Bo, now they're backing Syl Johnson on Valentines Day @ the Corner Hotel!

http://www.thebamboos.com/

I'd love to see that show!

EXCESS in Moderation
repete
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:48:45 PM

Sharleen7 wrote:
Last time they played with Eddie Bo, now they're backing Syl Johnson on Valentines Day @ the Corner Hotel!

http://www.thebamboos.com/

I'd love to see that show!

Thank you for the info!!! It's gonna be a busy January and February in old bleak city - a huge thanks to Mohair Slim for bringing yet another legend and teaming him up with the Bamboos. To everyone going to Bluesfest who likes their funk brassy and dirty, go and see the Bamboos - a great band...they're being talked about internationally. And if Booker T comes to the fest with the Drive By Truckers, you never know but there's the possibility of an appearance with the Bamboos...the Memphis connection :)

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Dan...
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:00:26 PM

they're more than talked about internationally, they do really well. better than they do in australia actually.

definitely the best new live act i've seen in years.

The poster formerly known as Dan
repete
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:26:26 AM

Dan... wrote:
they're more than talked about internationally, they do really well. better than they do in australia actually.

definitely the best new live act i've seen in years.

When I saw them play with Stax veteran Eddie Floyd earlier this year, they absolutely nailed the hard edged Memphis soul sound, turning it into the best gig I saw all year. They were pretty damn good suporting Roy Ayers too (with Kylie Auldist on vocals) recently, not to mention their wonderful gig with Eddie Bo. Their name pops up in interesting places, including the jazzfest chat room where some serious punters have ranked them as the hottest new soul/funk band around.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Dan...
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:49:27 PM

yeah they're seriously on the verge of becoming one of the world's best i reckon. you just can't fault them. had a great chat to the band leader lance a couple of months ago. he said he was frightened playing guitar with eddie floyd because, while he was a lovely guy, he was seriously strict on having the songs played as they're recorded and lance said he'd never forgive himself if he efuceekayed up 'knock on wood' while playing with eddie floyd.

bo on the other hand was apparently far more relaxed and even went into some songs the band hadn't even played before and insisted they just feel it and keep up with him on the fly. i have no doubt they would have nailed it.

The poster formerly known as Dan