Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A question for Repete Options
Sharleen7
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:27:26 AM
Groups: Member

Howzit goin Pete? Are you going to N'awlins for jazzfest this year? I was wondering if you still had the link for the night time gigs that you shared back in 2009? (I know, that's 3 questions, but I'm hoping you'll cut me some slack... tehehe)

And as a sidenote, no we won't be going to the 6th day at Bluesfest since we'll have to go home and pack for N'awlins as we're leaving on Wednesday! Dammit - gonna miss Leon & the P-Funk!!!

EXCESS in Moderation
repete
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:33:46 PM

Sharleen7 wrote:
Howzit goin Pete? Are you going to N'awlins for jazzfest this year? I was wondering if you still had the link for the night time gigs that you shared back in 2009? (I know, that's 3 questions, but I'm hoping you'll cut me some slack... tehehe)

And as a sidenote, no we won't be going to the 6th day at Bluesfest since we'll have to go home and pack for N'awlins as we're leaving on Wednesday! Dammit - gonna miss Leon & the P-Funk!!!

Hey Nancy - going good! Except we can't make it to jazzfest this year :(((((. Work contracts and tax issues (grrrr...) have conspired against us going this year, but hopefully 2012. Also the tranquil l'il oasis where we stayed just off Frenchmen has had to close down..... Anyway, the wonderful Mr Noble is bringing some of the cream of NOLA to bluesfest this year plus a whole lotta other brilliant artists for the best music festival this country has ever seen, so I'm happy.

Anyway, here's the link to the grids for all the club shows during fest:

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/

It looks a bit empty at the moment but will start to fill up quickly (the Rock 'n Bowl already looks really tasty - Sonny and Tab on the first Friday should be something special!!). It should be pretty full by the time you guys fly out.

I'm sure we'll catch up at bluesfest again this year....hehehehe, probably park next to each other on the first day like last year - I still laugh at meeting you and Ross as well as Bryce, all from the 09 jazzfest, before we had even walked in the front gate! Regards to Ross....cheers!!

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
Sharleen7
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:07:12 AM

Thanks for that, Pete! Actually this is probably not a bad year to miss New Orleans. I have to say the line-up at this year's jazzfest has a lot of mainstream artists that don't really appeal to me that much, but there is still a lot of the New Orleans cream there to make it worthwhile. I'm hoping the night spots fill in with some more acts that I will be excited to see...

On the other hand, the bluesfest line-up is looking spectacular - actually quite a bit better than Jazzfest! So all in all, I can't complain.

Look forward to seeing you and Christie at Bluesfest... It will be a Happy Easter indeed!

EXCESS in Moderation
repete
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:15:35 PM

Hey Nancy .... the jazzfest cubes are out and when you see the total lineup it's still one helluva amazing festival. The big surprise is Dave Bartholemew appearing with Dr John....now that will be a really special New Orleans experience! The grids are filling up for the club shows too - you're not gonna get a lot of sleep.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
sbetts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 7:25:51 AM

Oh wow repete, thats awesome news, how'd you find that out?? about Dave appearing with Dr John?
repete
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 6:54:38 PM

sbetts wrote:
Oh wow repete, thats awesome news, how'd you find that out?? about Dave appearing with Dr John?

Hi Sarah - go to the jazzfest website and look under the schedule link. They're playing at Acura on the first Sunday between the Dirty Dozen and John Mellencamp.

Hangin' out on Frenchmen
sbetts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:07:58 AM

God my eyes are painted on repete, i had not even seen that, thanks will look forward to that one!!

See you at Blues Fest

Sarah
Sharleen7
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:32:08 AM

Yes I must say that when the cubes came out and all my picks showed up in yellow, there were quite a few clashes on there! So even though a few of the headliners didn't quite float my boat, the bottom line is looking quite tasty indeed! Getting very excited about the whole trip - we've bought advance tickets for 6 different night events already... LBOG, Dr. John, Piano Night, the Threadhead Patry (w/Paul Sanchez, Honey Island Swamp Band, Eric Lindell, Tommy Malone, George Porter, Jr., and the New Orleans Nightcrawlers), Gregg Allman, and 7 Walkers! Who needs sleep? You can sleep when you're dead!

EXCESS in Moderation