Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

looking after the 3 and 5 day passes Options
hawthorn232323
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:58:42 PM
Groups: Member

this extra day is great for the people who can stay but should you look after 3 day and 5 day who payed lot money
for tickets and are sold out now hopful are tuesday shows can also be seen thursday to monday too dont let it be
a money making 6 day only thing what do you think?
c0kebloke
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:23:58 AM
Groups: Guest

What do i think i think i nearly ran out of breath while reading the entire post without pausing for breath while reading the whole post out loud just to see if i could read the entire post out loud withot pausing for breath that's what i think . . . .fullstop!! whew!! :)

Hope you enjoy bf 2011 regardless of how many day's you attend.
mpember
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:02:05 AM

hawthorn232323 wrote:
this extra day is great for the people who can stay but should you look after 3 day and 5 day who payed lot money
for tickets and are sold out now hopful are tuesday shows can also be seen thursday to monday too dont let it be
a money making 6 day only thing what do you think?

Depending on when you made the purchase, you either:
A) Bought your ticket knowing that the lineup had yet to be finalised
B) Bought your ticket knowing exactly who would be appearing on those days

Either way, you knew what you were getting. Just as those who have now purchased a 6th day ticket know exactly what they are getting.

The only reason to complain would be if an artist was moved from the first 5 days and appeared only on the 6th day.

How would you feel if you purchased a 6th day ticket just to see Tim Finn and then later found out that you could have seen him on one of the earlier days? It cuts both ways. You are getting what you paid for and those who purchase a ticket for Tuesday are getting exactly what they pay for.
fishfeeder
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 1:28:06 PM

what about the hundreds who love the festival and bought the pre-early bird tickets without even a single name being announced ??????
I, like them probably feel a bit cheated that we supported the festival with our $1000+ ( 5 day buddy pass) over 10 months ago.

If the organizers had of made the 6th day about helping the flood/fire victims by even donating 1/2 the ticket price it would have made it worth spending the extra $150+ for the extra day. But seeing its only a money grab from the owners. I think its going against the spirit of the event and I will be thinking rather hard if i will be attending next year for the 5 days or even paying in advance without knowing who is going to be there.

I still think its the best festival in Australia, But the owners need stop and look at more then there bank accounts.

Cheers
Jaylee1
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 1:37:14 PM

as per my previous posts - I think this should NOT be promoted as Day 6 of the festival but as a stand alone concert

If a Day 6 had been planned, I would have bought a 6 day pre-earlybird pass, regardless of who was playing (as I do every year)

However, I am mightily disappointed with the way this 'day 6' has come about.

Please note that I am not complaining about the calibre of music I will be seeing over the five days (and have never been disappointed in all my many years of attending BluesFest

JT
youngbill
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:03:23 PM
Groups: Guest

I dare say the chance of more Zimmy action came up late fairly in the piece (as per the late DA for day 6), after most everything was settled. Maybe that's just the way things happen sometimes.
richo
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:11:47 PM

There's a reasonable argument to be made for buyers of earlybird five-day tickets that they purchased them under the logical assumption that it would entitle them to everything on the Bluesfest schedule. I'm sure had the option for a six day ticket existed at the time many would have gladly bought it.

Now it seems that acts in the latest announcement are being disproportionately funnelled towards the Tuesday lineup...

I dunno... it's all business, but I don't think things were handled as well as they could have been under the circumstances.
hawthorn232323
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:52:54 PM

Thank you for your dissussion. Dont get me wrong not complaining just saying if you had bought pre -early tickets
arrange flights accom annual leave last year. The 6 day this late very hard to change things. Maybe next year
let people know from start if is going to be 5 6 7 8 9 and 10 days event so you can arrange everything early.
Cant wait to easter
bluesfestadmin
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:04:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi All,
We NEVER expected the demand we had this year for tickets - it is far above any previous year - and the Monday with Bob Dylan sold out well before Christmas with many thousands of people disappointed- we then applied to council for approval for an extra day, in order to meet public demand - which continues to amaze us.
Artists do not discount their fees to us, and we will continue to present the best bills we can on every day of the event.
Anyone who knows anything at all about music business costs of presentation must be able to see that it takes many millions of dollars in costs to present the calibre of artists that perform at Bluesfest
Unfortunately, we don't have a crystal ball - and can only improvise, as and when it is needed to give festers what they want - which is beginning to look like a permanent festival going for weeks to whet the demand
sincerely
the Bluesfest Team
andreworvis
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:01:57 PM

Maybe it'd be worth everyone waiting until the final announcement/s have been made and playing schedule is released. There's every chance that these Tuesday acts will be on Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun. All this moaning could end up being for nothing!
charliebear
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:22:14 PM

i have a solution . . . buy the day 6 ticket or suck it up girls! i think its great we get a 6th day thats an extra day of bluesfest! if your really stuck for the 6th money wise you guys can always apply to volunteer think accomadation is included this yr

I eat veggies, i eat veggies, they taste good! =)
TheLoneRanger
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:56:26 PM

By theloneranger at 2011-02-10

Welcome back Charliebear.

And congratulations for making the most sensible post on this thread.

"An artist never really chooses when and where they will play.It is for promoters to make offers.It comes down as to whether tours are financially viable." Quote John Mayall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEHzqildp8